Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
First post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Apparently the Oz has what amounts to a hit piece on the woman Briggs assaulted in the paper today. I don't have a sub but they've all but outed her in DFAT circles at the very least. Stay classy.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

That's the poo poo, thanks for that.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Sky Poos posted:

Briggs admits sharing photo of public servant

Former cities minister Jamie Briggs has confirmed he personally distributed a photograph identifying the female public servant who lodged a confidential complaint about his behaviour in a Hong Kong bar.

Newscorp reports that despite choosing not to name the woman to 'protect her privacy', Mr Briggs yesterday confirmed that the photograph of the public servant published on the front page of the Weekend Australian was taken on his phone.

The former minister denied leaking the picture, but confirmed he'd 'sent it to a few people prior to the complaint and following'

'I didn't have anything to do with today's stories. I called and apologised. I called (the public servant) because I thought it was the right thing to do,' he told Newscorp.

Mr Briggs quit the ministry on December 29 following a complaint over his behaviour in a Hong Kong bar during an official overseas visit last month.

In a statement Mr Briggs said it was an informal night out, but agreed that his behaviour didn't meet the 'high standards' required of his position.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Tokamak posted:

Maybe he should keep walking from the front bench, all the way out of the door.

You think the guy who admits he sent the photo to other people but denies leaking the photo has an ounce of self awareness or fucks given about this? The only thing going through Briggs mind is 'loving females made me lose my cabinet position'.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
So Dutton went to send "mad loving witch" about Samantha Maidens Briggs bit to Briggs but sent it to Maiden instead. Dutton is getting lightly smoked on the front page of the tele

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

Buying in person is another story as trying it in a store and buying it online is the smart thing to do.

That's such a loving scummy thing to do. If you're going to do that pony up the extra cash to pay for the store you went to and the staff time you used. Otherwise do your research and buy online.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

AlphaDog posted:

Is this also true of buying something in a different store because it's cheaper there, or does it only apply to buying online?

As long as you're keeping money in the economy if you're wasting the time of people working in the economy then that's cool. Using a shop as a try before you buy online thing is exactly the sort of poo poo that gives businesses the justification for poo poo like GST on all imports etc.

Back on topic:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Zenithe posted:

Is the whole "coward punch" thing trying to be a thing again? Noticed a heap of posters this week, and now big news coverage on some poor fella who got king hit.

Yeah, they're playing it hard. Kid is dead now too.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Vladimir Poutine posted:

A lot of people younger than that also like him because he briefly sold a line of matches called Dickheads in the late 90's.

I got a box of them back in the day. They were so poo poo, the heads fell apart every time you tried to strike a match. Ended up getting a Redhead just to burn the box.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

asio posted:

Anidav are you the type who goes through every bottle of milk to make sure you got the one with the most life left? Because lol if you can't negotiate a price in Brisbane retail stores that compare with dodgy.biz and their rock-bottom prices. Just talk to the retailer haha maybe if you lived in charleville or something you'd need to go online otherwise theres no reason to send money away from Brisbane.

Anidav drinks nutmilk that he makes himself.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Just use powdered milk

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
He was just saying 'the writing is on the wall for people working there, jump ship now don't try ride it out'

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

tithin posted:

Wtf why own me :(

It was a non own, see your face would be so pretty that the womens wouldn't sleep with anyone else knowing you're out there now.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
I always found Internode to be freaking amazing. Obviously they can't do poo poo about the copper if that is your problem but their staff are crazy helpful if you do hit an issue.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Some maps that show things Victoria is wrong about

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Who the gently caress says sausage sandwich? Unless you freaks in NSW use two bits of bread? Sausage in Bread is simple, sharp and to the point.

If you cut a sandwich in half does it cease to be a sandwich? Folding a slice of bread is the same.

Is a club sandwich really 1.5 sandwiches because it has 3 slices of bread?

Expand your mind fool.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Recoome posted:

Clubs and witch

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

norp posted:

Is it possible to have a thread that doesn't spend 3 pages on this argument?

Maybe try Canpol?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

gay picnic defence posted:

Maybe a couple of years ago, these days my outrage gland seems to have been wrung dry though. When you compare it to the Abbott years when Briggs and Dutton probably would've been promoted and the sex discrimination commissioner would've been replaced by Chris Berg, this seems so harmless by comparison.

Maybe Abbott was part of the LNP long game to make lovely neocon policy and behaviour seem less like getting your dick slammed in a door.

Maybe Abbott is just a glaring example of the sort of people neocon policies attract. Really could go either way.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

open24hours posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-06/hoverboard-safety-blitz-as-victoria-floats-possible-ban/7069944

I'm struggling to think of a more predictable, and more Australian, reaction. And people say we don't have a culture.

To be fair, repeatedly bursting into flames doesn't exactly scream consumer safe.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Did Abbott eat a foreign onion??

Came by boat no less

Unrelated:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Zenithe posted:

This is the Onion right? Please?

You've got her photo, it's open season to feel her up.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Mang knows whats up

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Herald Sun are saying that Gayle isn't going to be playing any more BBL and may have his whole contract torn up.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
So you just want free mining boom candy drat tomorrow. IWC is a boomer.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

Which was less consequential because there were less races here.

I'm sure the people of the Stolen Generations take solace in that fact.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Why are people talking about Joyce as Deputy PM today? Did people finally remember Truss existed only to check in on him and find out he died months ago?

Joyce has come out and said he feels ready to lead. That's about it.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Orkin Mang posted:

my dad thought he was having a heart attack in his ssanyong musso and he pulled into lucas heights and they saved his life. he died a few years later, alone

If he was out that way chances are he was from the Shire and his death was for the best.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Orkin Mang posted:

my particulars are fisipirating into waves noooo,oo,.....ooo..ah,hc

rip mang, he died like he lived, fisting pirates.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Hunter Water have a coupe of great pics to show just how much rain they've got up that way

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Count Chocula posted:

At least sharks are obvious; I'm super paranoid about avoiding bluebottles, though given how many of them there are and how often I go to the beach it's only a matter of time before I taste the Bluebottle Kiss.

As someone who has been hit by a blue bottle and a sea urchin, the sea urchin was way worse. Doctor digging around in my foot for ages getting all the snapped of spines out.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

The Age posted:

Catholic Church spent millions providing for paedophile priests

The Catholic Church has spent millions of dollars providing pensions, housing, and private medical insurance to convicted paedophile priests despite branding them "evil" and having most defrocked.

The Melbourne archdiocese alone is still financially supporting six former priests who have been convicted for committing sex crimes against children.

Parishioners have unwittingly been partly funding the assistance through their donations into church collection plates, which they believed went towards the local church or fundraising for retired priests.

Church records show two of the paedophiles, priests Wilfred Baker and David Daniel, received hundreds of thousands of dollars alone in annual pensions and entitlements.

Their victims received one-off payments of $31,000 to $37,000 under the church's Melbourne Response redress scheme.

The decision to continue financially supporting disgraced priests was made by senior church figures in Melbourne and the top advisory council at the Vatican, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, according to documents tendered to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.

A spokesman for the archdiocese of Melbourne said the church is currently providing support to six priests with criminal convictions for child sex crimes, including four who have been "laicised" or defrocked.

Nine other priests have received pensions, housing stipends or private health insurance after their convictions and until their deaths. Many of them had also been defrocked.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Thread has been pretty quiet lately so let's get back on track. Should sausages be called sangas or sandwiches? Can they both be sangas so you can have a sanga sanga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

open24hours posted:

This has been a feature of Anglo society since well before anyone even thought about dismantling the patriarchy or that colonialism might not be a good idea.

maybe we should make it mandatory for white people to be drunk at all times so the problem comes to it's violent, drunken, end sooner.

• Locked thread