Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Anidav posted:

Troubled electronics retailer Dick Smith has placed its shares in a trading halt ahead of an expected announcement about its debt financing.

The company expects to make an announcement about its funding position and debt financing covenants by Wednesday.

Dick Smith shares have plunged in recent months after it issued two profit warnings following disappointing sales in October and November.

Sorry to be of trouble but can I get a source on this? I would like to know more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

Anidav posted:

Lol Dick Smith is beyond hosed, I hope all those teenage workers are watching the news and looking for new jobs or else they'll get a nasty surprise when the cull comes for them

The three guys I was working with as a Christmas Casual are in there 30s to 40s and have been with the company for a decade. But I'll pass on your well wishes.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

BCR posted:

Mate, they have to the right to convert to permanent part time or permanent.

Assuming they're not imaginary strawmen or Liberal voters.

Yeah they are already permanent and already unionized with the shoppies. But that is cold comfort if your permanent at a place that will likely no longer exist and spent a fair chunk of your time at.

• Locked thread