Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

open24hours posted:

Did the Sex Party write their own blurb or something?

Why are they even on the list? There are other parties of fringe idiots like Family First, the Fred Nile Group, Shooters and Fishers etc. that have more influence and they don't get a mention.

Pretty sure Kommando's a member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Some dogfucker posted:

Photos of the night in question — which I have seen — show Briggs happily posing, and the young diplomat who sparked the inquiry in familiar and informal pose with Briggs’s chief of staff, Stuart Eaton. Yet Briggs has lost his ministerial position for similar informality.

quote:

At one point, the staffer, a legal graduate on her first overseas posting, complained to Mr Eaton that Mr Briggs was standing too close to her. Mr Eaton suggested she stand next to him, which the staffer did until the night out wrapped up about 2am.

Yes, I wonder why she might seem more comfortable and informal next to someone not being a loving creep?

e: Like that's a really hosed up understanding of consent he has there. 1st that being informal is consent at all, and that if it were that it would be transferable to whoever else is in the room at the time. I wonder if its the same rationalisation he uses for loving his dogs.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jan 2, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Lucky Australia isn't a former colonial nation that refuses to use creativity to move passed its history as a resource rich nation.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Anidav posted:

Bartering culture is non existent in Australia

You don't party hard enough.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Who the gently caress says sausage sandwich? Unless you freaks in NSW use two bits of bread? Sausage in Bread is simple, sharp and to the point.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Birb Katter posted:

If you cut a sandwich in half does it cease to be a sandwich? Folding a slice of bread is the same.

Is a club sandwich really 1.5 sandwiches because it has 3 slices of bread?

Expand your mind fool.

Depends how you're cutting, are you taking the entire top piece of bread off? A sandwich requires two or more pieces of bread to be a sandwich. If you folded a slice of bread and then cut it down the middle giving you two half slices that would also be a sandwich.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Freudian Slip posted:

That's a terrible headline and doesn't actually reflect what's in the article.

Stay classy NEWS CORP.

Still a lovely article regardless.

quote:

Thank you, finally Rachel, for confirming there's absolutely nothing to get angry and upset about with the occasional grab on the bum for girls in the office. Being a modern sort of guy, I think empowerment of women is good, and if a bit of a touch up now and then can achieve it without any big deal being made of it and without being dobbed in, that's all the better. More girls should be like you!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Laserface posted:

Basically never ever approach a woman ever. Especially if you're a male.

~Equality~

Is this you?

quote:

I never compliment or proposition women as it seems like every guy who does is treated like a creep. I been single for 10 years. Funny though if all guys behaved like me, women would be complaining of not getting enough attention.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Anidav posted:

Eh just locking in all the ambitious Labor poo poo that disappeared when Bill was elected.

NBN
High Speed Rail
Probably some Solar and renewables policy thrown in.

You know what's a bit scary. I legitimately had no idea who you were talking about for a good 20 seconds.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Cartoon posted:

Apparently the green army is implementing a huge 'urban canopy' program anyone confirm/deny preferably with commentary?

My sister-in-law manages part of the Green Army, I could ask her the next time I see her if you'd like?

If you just wanted a news article on it though there's this.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/turnbull-governments-plan-to-make-cities-cooler-and-greener-20160118-gm8fdz.html

quote:

Turnbull government's plan to make cities cooler and greener
Nicole Hasham

If you've been broiling in an asphalt jungle over the past few weeks, rest assured: the Turnbull government has a plan to cool you down.

The federal government wants to increase tree cover in big cities to dial down the heat and improve health and quality of life as part of its new focus on the lives of metropolis-dwellers.

Acting Cities Minister Greg Hunt is on Tuesday expected to outline a plan to work with cities to set goals for each decade to 2050 to increase "urban canopies", or overall tree coverage.

Mr Hunt last month took on Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's pet Cities portfolio following the resignation of former minister Jamie Briggs.

In a speech to the Sydney Business Chamber on Tuesday, his first since assuming the role, Mr Hunt is expected to emphasise the susceptibility to extreme heat of people living in large cities.

Urban development pressures can lead to treeless streets that amplify the "heat island" effect on hot days.

"Extreme heat place[s] the most vulnerable people in our cities - including the very young and very old - at high risk, and contributes to a number of deaths each year," his speech notes say.

As well as decade-by-decade goals to develop urban canopies, the government will "look at building rooftops with green cover".

Mr Hunt will warn that the public purse cannot fund the infrastructure needed to keep up with rapid growth in capital cities, and will point to flexible financial arrangements being considered by the government.

These include "value capture" - finance models that aim to capture the gain in land value that property owners enjoy when public infrastructure is built nearby.

It can include property taxes, parking levies or giving property development rights to transport operators.

"One of the fairest ways to fund new infrastructure investment is for the beneficiaries of that infrastructure to contribute to the cost," Mr Hunt will say.

The government will also seek to increase the number of jobs in residential areas, to limit commute times.

Mr Hunt's speech notes praise the "20 minute city" model proposed in Melbourne where, through changed land-use mix, every suburb would be a short commute to jobs, schools, shops and leisure facilities.

He is expected to hail the emergence of the Greater Sydney Commission, the new organisation charged with overseeing planning and development across Sydney. It is led by the Prime Minister's wife Lucy Turnbull.

Mr Hunt will flag a potential expansion of that model to other cities, saying it shows how all levels of government can work together to "plan for how our cities will grow".

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

ScreamingLlama posted:

Judging by the khaki colour, it looks like plastic explosive to me. I've seen and eaten fudge in lots of colours and flavours, but never that. Granted, C4 and its cousin PE4 are both white under the wrapper by default, but you could always dye it as a means of camouflage.

Thanks to you, I now have explosives search strings in my google history.

It's modelling clay.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Laserface posted:

When, if ever, do you think the Australian public will change its opinion on refugees? Im guessing 3 maybe 4 more articles about it. Be sure to post them here so I can keep count.

Good one Laserface! That's a really funny joke. I wish I could pull off, 'casually cynical about refugees' as well as you can. It's a riot.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Recoome posted:

Ackerman's piece presents a view which is so backwards we could use carbon dating on it to figure which prehistoric age it was dug up from. It's dangerous because the person/people it targets (transgender people) already suffer from a large amount of discrimination and misunderstanding, and this article does not help anyone who is a transgender be accepted. Phrases such as "the homosexual community's" really presents a "us vs them" mentality and reinforces the stereotype that trans people are these weird, hosed up, and wrong individuals. Unsurprisingly, it is exactly this view which causes trans people to commit suicide.

Just a friendly tip, don't use this phrasing next time, drop the a or change it to transgender person. Transgender is often seen as offensive when it's used as a noun rather than an adjective.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Freudian Slip posted:

What
The
gently caress

:psyduck:

What a classy fucker

Never heard of Roosh V? The fuckwit should just kill himself already.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
You know the funniest thing about the RoK thing, is that it's supposed to be for really under confident, socially anxious people to 'reclaim their masculinity' right? And they're expecting to get a turn out when they're asking these complete losers to walk up to complete strangers and pretend they're in a badly written spy film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Redcordial posted:

I'm okay with spiders, but lately I've had some scares while riding my motorbike regarding spiders saying hello in/outside my helmet.

I would've aimed for a tree and hoped for a quick death had that been me.

• Locked thread