Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
peter dutton :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anidav posted:

We're basically weeks away from JB HiFi and Harvey Norman being the only big consumer electronics retailers left?

I mean Brisbane only has Todd's HiFi and the occasional mom and pop computer shack. WoW sight and sound disappeared off the face of the earth.

Good Guys do electronics as well as whitegoods.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm sure the store will really appreciate your word of mouth when you tell all your friends you could just go to the store to test out the merchandise and then leave without purchase to buy online.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nickopops posted:

I can't speak for other universities, but at UQ it's at least a bit more formal - the candidate and their advisor nominate several reviewers, and then higher-ups in your school and the graduate school actually choose. I mean really they pick 2 of your 3 or 4 nominees, but there's no way picking some crackpot would've gotten past the post-graduate coordinator in my institute, even if my supervisor and I were crazy. Of course I'm in a science research institute, not the humanities school, so, yeah.

Recoome posted:

Another glorious day for ~humanities~

Yeah, this is clearly a humanities thing rather than a shittily run university thing :allears:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Demonstrating his masturbation technique

His tweezers are even smaller than I thought, invisible to the naked eye

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lol ScumMo is putting his head above the trenches to back broadening the GST to cut company tax :allears:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Kommando posted:

I'd say the PUP got the highest Senate vote in Queensland because Queenslanders

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

ewe2 posted:

*curb your enthusiasm theme*

I actually had to go check if this was real :catstare:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Anyone got an article on the Tasmania power thing? From what I can tell so far they had to repair the connection to the mainline, thought the dams had about enough water to provide hydro during the maintenance period, and then the state started burning down so they had to start draining off the dams for firefighting?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Quarantine the income of hospitality workers imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

starkebn posted:

no, Treason is when you betray your country (government?) to its enemies, not defacing a pointless symbol.

Yes but have you considered that burning the flag means the terrorists win

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Is there some public event where we can boo him safe in anonymity while yelling bigot at anyone who calls us racist? Asking for a friend

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

*checks watch*

Ah, carry on.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Amethyst posted:

Your preconception of me as a rampaging MRA is yet another good example of your brainlessness. If you had put any effort into reading my actual posts, you wouldn't consider these dumb little snipes a powerful trolling technique, as you clearly do.

I can't imagine why anyone would consider that an effective way to troll you.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Amethyst posted:

Your tepid sarcasm is similarly witless. If getting someone to pour deserved derision on you counts as trolling in your book, then I guess you're the king.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

IMO Rosie Batty did more harm than good and we should stop shaming men who use domestic violence as a coping strategy for their own problems

• Locked thread