Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nibbles! posted:

Isn't it the case that you can't OD on MDMA anyway? It's heat or dehydration that gets you? Do they still stop you taking your own water into festivals?

The amount of pure MDMA you need would be crazy high to OD on it, but most pills don't even have Much/any MDMA in them any more so yeah article was likely talking BS. They likely overdosed as they had no idea what was actually in the pills they were taking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Here's the NBN stuff. It was pretty obvious it was happening at the time but good to have it confirmed I guess.

"ABC tech editor claims broadcaster “gagged” his NBN coverage posted:

news The ABC’s outgoing technology editor today claimed he had been “gagged” by the broadcaster from publishing further articles about the National Broadband Network, after several initial articles heavily criticised the Coalition’s Multi-Technology Mix model.

Since April 2010, experienced technology journalist Nick Ross has been the leading technology journalist at the ABC as the editor of its Technology and Games sub-site. Ross is considered a veteran tech writer in Australia, having worked for a number of other outlets, including serving as the editor of PC Authority Magazine.

In 2013, the journalist came under heavy fire from other media outlets and political figures for publishing a number of articles which were heavily critical of the Coalition’s rival NBN policy, developed by then-Shadow Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

At the time, The Australian newspaper published several articles claiming Ross had failed to meet the ABC’s editorial policies. Turnbull himself accused the ABC in mid-2012 of “creating relentless propaganda” to support Labor’s NBN policy and singled out Ross for particular criticism....

...Today on Twitter, Ross noted that he had “left the ABC” and could “potentially write about NBN again”. Asked point blank whether he had been “gagged”, Ross answered: “Yes”.

“I also don’t have to let any public lies/criticism about me go unanswered anymore, can be more active on social media and also I have no requirement to fend off all your questions about what happened to me over the past three years any more,” he added.

Ross is considering carrying out a questions and answer-style ‘AMA’ with social networking site Reddit to go through the issues with his NBN coverage.

In the wake of Ross’s departure, the ABC has deleted the Technology and Games sub-site which he had edited, forwarding readers instead to the technology section of its news website.

Also apparently the ABC no longer has a Technology and Games sub-section. I'm sure many dozens shall mourn.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Have Clive Palmer & Friends delivered anything for the people who voted for them? What did their supporters actually want or expect them to do? Why is he there, again?

Their main election promise seem to be we're not the ALP or Liberal party.

As far as political platforms go its far from the worst.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ScreamingLlama posted:

Thanks to you, I now have explosives search strings in my google history.

Following the news and being even a bit inquisitive can lead you to some pretty sketchy search history sometimes. Dodgiest of mine might of been googling who had more assassination attempts on them Bush or Obama, after I just been googling about the US militia movement for about an hour or two. Pretty sure that would of gotten flagged somewhere.

Also how hard it would be to steal a nuclear weapon from Pakistan.

Google didn't know :(

Also looks like Canada has weighed in on national Anthem chat:

"Canada considers changing national anthem to include country's women posted:

Justin Trudeau’s newly elected Liberal government has been praised for overhauling Canada’s approach to immigration, the environment and relations with the First Nations.

Now it is seeking to change the country’s national anthem – but just by four words.

Liberal MP Mauril Bélanger introduced a bill on Wednesday to change two words of O Canada so it recognises the country’s women as well as its men.

If passed, the third line of the anthem will change from “True patriot love in all thy son’s command” – to “all of us command”.

“With my bill, I want to pay tribute to all the women who have worked and fought to build and shape the Canada that we know today,” Bélanger said in a statement. “I want to at long last honour their sacrifices and contribution.”

Bélanger, who was recently diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease and can no longer speak, introduced the bill using an iPad speech app. “By the way Mr Speaker, it is 2016,” he said in closing....

Ten previous attempts have all failed after opposition from conservatives

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

………………………………………._¸„„„„_
…………………….…………...„--~*'¯…….'\
………….…………………… („-~~--„¸_….,/ì'Ì
…….…………………….¸„-^"¯ : : : : :¸-¯"¯/'
……………………¸„„-^"¯ : : : : : : : '\¸„„,-"
**¯¯¯'^^~-„„„----~^*'"¯ : : : : : : : : : :¸-"
.:.:.:.:.„-^" : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :„-"
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.: : : : : : : : : : ¸„-^¯
.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.:. : : : : : : : ¸„„-^¯
:.' : : '\ : : : : : : : ;¸„„-~"
:.:.:: :"-„""***/*'ì¸'¯
:.': : : : :"-„ : : :"\
.:.:.: : : : :" : : : : \,
:.: : : : : : : : : : : : 'Ì
: : : : : : :, : : : : : :/
"-„_::::_„-*__„„~"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
In society we should seek for gender equity in the amount of crudely drawn dirty Ascii pictures we have posted on our forums.

• Locked thread