Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-02/music-festival-users-would-nearly-vomit-drugs-field-day-overdose/7064054

quote:

Dr Fulde said there was a trend over the last year or two of more women using ecstasy.

"If they knew where they had come from, where people had concealed them, a lot of people would nearly vomit, I believe," he said.

"And that's one of the ways they do it: they swallow it and then the person vomits up the plastic balloon with all the pills in it and somebody buys it, which is pretty insane."

Pfft whatever granddad I took pills that were up my arse when I had dysentery and they were loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Today on The Drum Chris Berg defends: price gouging.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cleretic posted:

You know, if anyone should be held to be politically correct, it probably should be politicians.

But since we clearly don't hold them to be factually correct either, whatever.

quote:

Mr Turnbull said it was disappointing, but he would not hold an inquiry.

"These leaks inquiries, they tend to come up with very little," he said.

"We're such bald-faced liars that there's no way you'll trip us up with an inquiry."

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I get so loving upset about how people describe carcass in carbs.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Laserface posted:

Basically never ever approach a woman ever. Especially if you're a male.

~Equality~

You've got some pretty dumb ideas about feminism, are you in IT by any chance?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Cartoon posted:

There have been plenty of people from the left who were/are great spokespeople for the cause it's just that fifty years of anti-communist propaganda and the bias of the mainstream media instantly marginalises them. It is amazing Bob Brown managed to get the traction he did. Strangely since the end of the cold war, and the communist boogieman, voices from the left have been getting harder, rather than easier to hear. Blaming the left for this would seem to being missing the forest for the trees by a wide margin.

No man, it's pretty easy to see that the failure for getting the message, 'the fat cats should give up some of their pie' in a world run by fat cats rests on the left.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
It is interesting though. Capitalism - it's how we got to this.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

ScreamingLlama posted:

I'm tempted to say "no it's communism" but then I remember China is basically communist in name only these days and the formula/milk scare is the result of capitalist idiocy + rear end in a top hat government who won't fix the problems inherent in their food supply.

LOL if you thought for a second China is communist these days. As the great Lord and Savior Zizek says, they're the perfect model of modern capitalism - business protected by government.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I wonder if Brian Martin will supervise my proposed thesis, "Are bongs and video games the best mix".

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Oh, amethyst is humour patrolling the thread again. You get right on that amethyst.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/real-social-dynamics-and-the-evolution-of-the-pick-up-industry/7099368

quote:

Andrew Mashiko was once a pick-up artist. And before that he was an average frustrated chump - in pick-up slang, an AFC. He had just divorced. He was alone and worried he would stay that way. He flew to Texas for a workshop with the man who called himself the world's top seducer, Adam Lyons.

He paid $10,000 for a one-week live-in course.

f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f

quote:

Then he paid for Real Social Dynamics (RSD) seminars,

Wait - he paid all that money and then he paid MORE money?!?? Give me some loving money, I'll tell you how to get women and you won't even have to face assault charges!

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Solemn Sloth posted:

Is there some public event where we can boo him safe in anonymity while yelling bigot at anyone who calls us racist? Asking for a friend

Do you really want to do this? He's Sudanese not Aboriginal. Wait, reffoes are criminals - carry on...

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Amethyst posted:

You are such a loving drag dude. Seriously. I know you think this garbage is funny but you're actually just the worst.

No one gives a gently caress what you think hth

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Amethyst posted:

I don't give a poo poo what the majority who post here think. Engaging with you guys is a deeply dispiriting experience and I need to train myself out of the habit. You're philosophically bankrupt morons.

lol

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Amethyst posted:

In the midst of my ranting, I should point out that the thing that does drag me back to this smelly church every time is that often there are truly interesting and good perspectives that I hadn't thought of before.

You needed someone else to point out he was inspirational and survived extreme conditions?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
In an internet full of competing communications, it can be difficult to establish a coherent identity but you seem to have done really well in nailing 'angry and stupid'. Cograts.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
You're really missing out guys. Fortunately his posts can be summed up in a single smilie: :rant:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
So far today he's used 'parochial' and 'preening' in ways that make me wonder if he knows what those words mean before he googles them now for a post hoc justification of his use of them.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Amethyst posted:

This thread is populated by mental midgets who get confused when presented with words like "partisan."

Ahahaha you were that guy who wedged 'partisan' in every sentence to sound educated I remember now.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
He's so masterful, a man of letters, a veritable polymath.

E: "my enemies" oh my god you poor sad bastard.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

BBJoey posted:

If you guys despise Amethyst that much you should probably just put him on ignore instead of attempting to savagely burn him with insults like "use big words, much? :allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:"

Thanks for digging up a dead derail for this vital hot take.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hooman posted:

BRB converting away from Christianity so I can kill, steal or bear false witness since apparently that's the only religion that prohibits it.

I had an Asian Civ teacher who was from China and he said the main thing Christian civilization brought to the table was things like a fair trial, reasonable punishment (ie, not cruel and unusual) and things like that. An interesting perspective, not sure if I agree with it, but saying Christianity brought prohibitions on murder, stealing or lying is ignoring roughly 3750 years of history, and that's just the recorded bits.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Orkin Mang posted:

bless all youse and peace be upon youse guys,i wish u were dead

Orkin, I never really liked you...

Orkin Mang posted:

suck my dick

Fair enough.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Orkin Mang posted:

no way :(

in other news, ur drunk comrade

I don't know how the gently caress you can see all the empty bottles in front of my monitor right now, but that's eerie.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

https://www.facebook.com/Australian.Greens/posts/141378112687123

second result from googling "greens statement fuel reduction burns"

I got into an argument with a taxi driver about this. He claimed he had friends in the Greens who were against 'back burning' (never mind fuel reduction). I'm doubtful of anything he said because he also thought the difference between heavy rail and light rail was the number of passengers using it.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Orkin Mang posted:

i love you

Then gently caress me you dirty bitch.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Amethyst posted:

drat that Stan Grant video is powerful stuff, required viewing.

No-one make any jokes about it.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Laserface posted:

How many 64ths indigenous is Stan Grant?

Aborigines: You will always have to justify your racial heritage.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Laserface posted:

You dont have to, but I think its OK to ask someone what their ancestry is.

Hmm, and why were you asking about Grant's ancestry I wonder :allears:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Why is Switzer writing for the Guardian?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
So I went to the RSL and the place was closed! No two-up, dawn service, etc. This country's gone to the loving dogs.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

ewe2 posted:

Catallaxy asks the hilarious question:

Oh no, they keep picking the Wrong Australians :allears: Surely an appropriate cultural cringe would be to, say, knight a monarch.

You just know we wouldn't be hearing from them if Abbott was made Aussie of the Year and he did a rambling speech on how Muslims sacrifice Christian children.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

He's got a fair point. If the voters aren't educated enough on both sides of the debate, they may come to the wrong decision. For example, on the one hand granting LGBT's the right to marry is simply giving them equality under the law, while on the other hand we must not dismiss the fact that gay sex is icky.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

quote:

Mr Williams has told the ABC he and his family refuse to stand for the national anthem because the song does not represent his people and they believe they are not on a level playing field with other Australians.

If you don't fackin' love this country go back to... Oh...

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Queensland's an important migration path for the Channel Bill Cuckoo, can't we just kill every adult male and sell the women and children into slavery instead?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

SynthOrange posted:

Is shorten still opposition leader?

Who?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

tithin posted:

He makes an entirely depressing point. No less true for it though.

Yup. The world's the way it is because of dickheads like him.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Laserface posted:

The world is hosed in 50 years any way you slice it. Not to say abandon ye all hope, but do yourselves a favor and lighten the gently caress up once in a while.

If 'lightening the gently caress up' means being anything like you, I think I'll stick with Dark and Alternative.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Graic Gabtar posted:

We're awfully serious in the echo chamber aren't we?

If it's such an echo chamber, why do we have you, laserface, negligent, amethyst, etc, etc, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
This wouldn't have happened if we didn't support gay marriage. Tony was right!

• Locked thread