Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretend I made a cuck joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

the sacred stones run that one year was pretty sad

also the run where the guy kept threatening to murder everyone

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrashCat posted:

gonna get you prebanned from #speedruns :mad:

im very upset im banned from an irc channel

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please import more IRC drama i know the mods love that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its gonna be a good GDQ this year

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

that dude's twitter is 50% him desperately arguing that that run wasn't THAT awkward and 50% him desperately denying being gay

wow you are going to get banned from IRC like me if you keep this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

wow you are going to get banned from IRC like me if you keep this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- worried nobody ever

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So did you hear about that marathon when that one guy-

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im looking forward to a cucking good time at this GDQ

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

I'm hype for speedruns

same

and other stuff

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Suicide Pacmen posted:

omg i'm so hoyyyyype XD

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Erata posted:

Don't forget to install both FrankerfaceZ and BetterTwitchTV so you can meme hard in the poverty chats of your choice with fellow shitters.

ok

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/stats.php?statid=4&all=#jump

look at most ignored

i wonder how many of the 217 are from here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Hopefully 2016 will be your year Eonwe. I support your goal of being the most annoying child on these here forums.

But you're going to have a lot of competition from D&D, probably going to have to branch out a bit more to reach the top.

im not a child tho?????

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Oh that's sad...

thats a really weak burn, you should probably just watch speedruns and comment about them in this thread

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to watch and comment about speedruns

and im also going to make jokes about past and future speedrunner goofs/memes/awkward moments

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hope the thread can handle that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think it's just liveposting if it's in response to something.

yea for now there isn't even really anything going on

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Well Mrllamasc is doing a D2: LOD run. He's the one doing the D2 run on Friday if you want a preview. http://www.twitch.tv/mrllamasc

maybe ill watch that

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alteisen posted:

Given all the people banned for stupid jokes and drama surrounding the event this year, I gotta say I'm more looking forward to potential trainwrecks than the event itself.

I do hope HC has a good TF run though, good buddies with him and he puts a ton of work into that stuff, plus the coop with Optimus Prime incentive is hilarious.

someone on steam told me that their favorite speedrun is seeing how fast I got banned from the IRC

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also is your av like a jojo but in fighting game format

thats pretty cool

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Mattybee posted:

Bullshit, I have literally never met a single person who wants to watch a Fire Emblem speedrun

FFT gets hosed every year, but nobody gives a single gently caress about Fire Emblem speedruns

im sure someone likes them, but fire emblem speedruns are awful for a marathon

you can do everything right but you'll just get poo poo stat growths

didnt they have to mercy kill a fire emblem run one time?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys are going to get banned from the IRC and only be able to talk about the speedrun marathon in the thread if you keep this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes a guy couldn't beat the last few levels because his growths were awful so the few levels he got weren't enough. Any game where that much RNG surrounds your characters stat growth is not marathon safe.

yea

there should be a GDQ rule

no Fire Emblem and no Binding of Isaac

would make the marathon better IMO

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what about the guy who took like a mountain hike and didnt take a shower and had to be febreezed and then was asked to leave, is he banned

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just start a goon IRC or whatever, I don't care as long as nobody starts talking about weird drama from it in here.

nah this was from the goon IRC

i dont actually care I was banned, I just like making fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but yeah I mentioned banning binding of isaac mostly because the two times they've had it in so far its been pretty awful

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

I was gonna say you can't really get RNG screwed in BoI but then I realized when you're speedrunning you have to skip most of the level for optimal time and can easily end up with poo poo items as a result. And playing it with a fixed seed is just boring.

yea they did seeds in rebirth and in the original boi the guy complained that the computer was too good and then he died and they mercykilled the run

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

At SGDQ the Isaac random run sucked rear end and then the runner showed off a run with a known seed and he just instantly got all the items and killed everything without any effort. So it's a lose/lose situation.

the hilarious thing is, with Azazel he didn't need a seed

playing as Azazel basically makes the run marathon safe because you and fly and you have a brimstone attack

done, you win

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Im pretty sure i could do 20 runs in a row tonight with azazel and beat every boss without breaking a sweat with the exception of like, Hush

and you don't even have to do Hush in the marathon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Which is weird because there are plenty of RNG heavy runs that are good.

Spelunky, for example.

probably because even if the RNG fucks you in spelunky for items, you still have most of the tools you really need to beat the game

with binding of isaac you are basically actually building out the basic capabilities of your character throughout the game and if RNG fucks you, then you're hosed

*pretend i posted speedrun drama here*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its a bad speedrun because the main reason the game is good is the stuff you wouldn't really see in a speedrun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

The previous run of minecraft ended up being surprisingly entertaining, had a huge amount of donations, and even set a WR. A response like that almost guarantees a repeat showing.

it was pretty bad actually

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The SGDQ Minecraft run required the runner to open up the dev console and spawn an item that is a 1/64 chance to drop off an uncommon enemy.

also it is basically just 'we know where everything is because its seeded, okay we'll do it really fast'

:jerkbag:

it was in there because it made a lot of money, and thats fine but its not a good speedrun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

Is that even allowed?

sure

alternatively

no

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The AGDQ 2015 Minecraft run didn't happen for some reason, I don't know the details. However in its place we got the Vanquish run which ended up being one of the best runs of any GDQ event. It also got loads of donations due to all the stupid poo poo the guys on the couch were pulling. Holding hands was an impromtu donation incentive.

the runners apparently felt they had not put in enough practice and I think bowed out

which is good of them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they should speedrun blood bowl 2

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good thread so far

this week may be busy so I may not be able to post as much as I'd like, but I'll do my best

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

For months you have been asking: Who is Daniel Remar? This is Daniel Remar speaking.

good evening

do people stop you on the streets and ask for autographs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
flatluigi and I would like your autograph in any case

• Locked thread