Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bard Maddox posted:

duh pt. 2

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Wrestle Kingdom 10, 1/4/2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
With my personal belief that only one match from a show can be MOTYC,

MOTYC Candidate: Okada vs Tanahashi

HM: Ishi vs Shibata
HM: Nakamura vs Styles

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Wrestle Kingdom 10
HM: Ishii vs Shibata
MOTYC: Nakamura vs Styles
MOTYC: Okada vs Tanahashi

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Takuan posted:

Kenny Omega vs KUSHIDA, Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/16

Kenny selling the arm was good but I felt like as a whole it was a *** match at best.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
MOTYC: Okada vs. Tanahashi
MOTYC: Nakamura vs. Styles
HM: Ishii vs. Shibata
HM: Kenny Omega vs. KUSHIDA

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

HM: Kamaitachi vs Maximo Sexy - 1/1 CMLL

Seconded. I don't think footage of this one is going to air for a few more weeks, and I can't find a copy from the live show, sooooo if anyone else has seen it, we just need one more.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
MOTYC: Okada-Tanahashi

HM: Nakamura-Styles (it was a great match but I think it actually could have been loads better if AJ wasn't hurting to bad. Hoping for a rematch when he gets healthy)

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Nthing Okada/Tana. It's still the pinnacle match in wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MOTYCs: Ishii/Shibata, Nakamura/Styles, and Okada/Tanahashi

All of the 5 stars

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grozz Nuy posted:

HM: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4

Shibata is so good he got me to care about an Ishii match

Seconded, this was great fun (and sometimes terrifying) but not quite on the level of the two matches that followed.

Bard Maddox posted:

MOTYC: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles, Wrestle Kingdom 10, 1/4/2016

Nthed, this was an amazing display from two of the best wrestlers in the world. The fact they're both suffering from major back problems makes this even more remarkable.

Bard Maddox posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Wrestle Kingdom 10, 1/4/2016

Nthed, an out-of-this-world display from arguably THE two best wrestlers in the world. The ending sequence/false finishes culminating in Okada FINALLY beating Tanahashi at the Dome was one of the greatest wrestling things I've ever seen, enhanced all the more by the fact I was actually there as it happened.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ThePariah posted:

Wrestle Kingdom 10

Agreed, Okada/Tanahashi was out of this world.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

ParanoidInc posted:

NTHing all of these. Absolutely amazing..Especially the last two.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ParanoidInc posted:

MOTYC: Ishii vs. Shibata

Nth

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ThePariah posted:

Wrestle Kingdom 10

Yeah, nthing these.

Okada vs Tanahashi was pretty much a MOTDC (Match Of The Decade Candidate), and easily a ***** match.
Nakamura vs Styles was a solid ****1/2 match, and I like to imagine that if AJ wasn't hurt could have easily been ***** as well.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

ParanoidInc posted:

Came here to post this exact list. Though Ishii/Shibata might have been my favorite match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ParanoidInc posted:

Yeah, these.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs Sheamus, Raw 1/4

Just a hot mess

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NienNunb posted:

WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs Sheamus, Raw 1/4

Just a hot mess

It was good.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ParanoidInc posted:

nthd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You're good how about that for a change

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

NienNunb posted:

You're good how about that for a change

Funny how it doesn't feel too different.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ParanoidInc posted:

Nth. Jesus that Okada-Tanahashi match had me marking out all over the loving place

theminx
Jun 7, 2007
I has a bucket.

ParanoidInc posted:

nthing , not that any of these need it , What a wonderful Show!

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

ParanoidInc posted:

Agreed that Okada v Tanahashi match might be the greatest professional wrestling match I have ever seen.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

WMOTC: Matt Hardy vs EC3, TNA Impact 5/01

Meet the new TNA, same as the old TNA. The storyline that they have been doing for the last four or five months ends up meaning nothing as the reset button has been pressed, Matt Hardy is a bitch who can't beat EC3 without help and nobody came out of this match looking good as the match quality itself was pretty lovely.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 6, 2016

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

oatgan posted:

HM: Kamaitachi vs Maximo Sexy - 1/1 CMLL

third and i'm now on board the "just let Kamaitachi stay in CMLL forever" train

here's the video btw (shoddy framerate but it's the best thing out there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxePH_srnGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0luZjCxRvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYKSZnEPuFU

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 6, 2016

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Spermgod posted:

third and i'm now on board the "just let Kamaitachi stay in CMLL forever" train

here's the video btw (shoddy framerate but it's the best thing out there)

Awesome, thank you.

And they need to get him out of Mexico because he is going to die if he keeps wrestling like this. Though, he'll probably just wrestle like this in Japan, too.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NJPW badly needs some new talented wrestlers right now but I'm definitely glad Komatsu and Tanaka are heading there to replace him.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
If I had any hope that he'll get to have good matches as often as he has in CMLL then I'd be anticipating his return. It's funny because CMLL is largely terrible about wasting talent but he's been treated really well. Granted a lot of that may be because they knew they only had a limited amount of time to get hair and mask matches out of him.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I know it's too late for this, but I just want to say that I finally got around to seeing Final Battle and AJ Styles vs. Jay Lethal was fantastic

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

WMOTY: The Doll House vs The Beautiful People 1/5/16

I finally got around to watching this tonight, and holy poo poo that was Sharmell vs Jenna levels of bad.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
HM: Takao Omori/Zeus vs. Daisuke Sekimoto/Yuji Okabayashi, AJPW 1/2
HM: Suwama vs. Jun Akiyama, AJPW 1/2

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

super macho dude posted:

WMOTY: The Doll House vs The Beautiful People 1/5/16

I finally got around to watching this tonight, and holy poo poo that was Sharmell vs Jenna levels of bad.

Seconded. If there was any such thing as a HM for WMOTY it'd be Spud/Abyss. Just terrible but too hard to call it the worst when this women's match is on the same card.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Adding in late MOTY votes for both Tanahashi/Okada and Styles/Nakamura from WrestleKingdom 10. Got around to watching those this weekend and holy mother of gently caress the rest of the year will have a hard time following that.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

ParanoidInc posted:

i finally watched the rest of the show and i'll n'th these, not that they probably need them

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
HM: Eita/El Lindaman vs RyoSuka (Ryo "Jimmy" Saito/Jimmy Susumu) - Dragon Gate New Years Gate Kickoff in Korakuen - 1/13/2016

One of the reasons why I'm not "done" with the Jimmyz is that they can pull out historical tag teams like this. Lindaman's momentum continues into 2016 as he teams with Over Generation's highest ranked younger wrestler and they give Saito and the Dream Key holder Jimmy Susumu all they can take. The crowd is what takes this from great to an HM to me, they can't get enough of RyoSuka and Linda and Eita are willing to work a bit tweener to accomplish this.

HM: 10 Man Doi Darts Tag - Shingo Takagi/CIMA/Gamma/Masaaki Mochizuki/Jimmy Kanda vs Don Fujii/"Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa/Akira Tozawa/YAMATO/Cyber Kong

Well the darts landed and we got one team that's Shingo, the his most recent challengers, and Kanda going against a weighed down Akira Tozawa, YAMATO and Don Fujii with the added weight of Stalker and Kong. Well this is the exact kind of match that Kong excels at and Stalker has so many good Stalker moments! This isn't going to have heated fighting though storylines and units do come into play a bit, but this is an incredibly fun HM showcasing all the facets of the Dragon Gate style worth checking out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
2nding both:

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

HM: Eita/El Lindaman vs RyoSuka (Ryo "Jimmy" Saito/Jimmy Susumu) - Dragon Gate New Years Gate Kickoff in Korakuen - 1/13/2016

HM: 10 Man Doi Darts Tag - Shingo Takagi/CIMA/Gamma/Masaaki Mochizuki/Jimmy Kanda vs Don Fujii/"Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa/Akira Tozawa/YAMATO/Cyber Kong

Also adding:

HM: Kotoka/Tanizaki/Doi vs Shimizu/Kzy/Dragon Kid - Dragon Gate New Years Gate Kickoff in Korakuen - 1/13/2016

It was a fairly standard DG 6-man to start, but the latter half of the match ramped up the pace into one big nonstop rush, and that put it into HM territory for me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WMOTYC: Women's Gauntlet match, TNA One Night Only 1/8

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
HM: Hideki Suzuki vs. Masato Tanaka, ZERO1 01/01/16

What a wacky but cool match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Benne posted:

WMOTYC: Women's Gauntlet match, TNA One Night Only 1/8

second that.

also: HM Philly Street Fight, ReDRagon vs Young Bucks vs The Kingdom (Adam Cole & Mike Bennett) 1/16/16 ROHtv

Very fun clusterfuck that features one of the Jackson boys nearly killing himself with a frog splash to the outside, Adam Cole channeling Terry Funk, Kevin Kelly getting superkicked to death, and what I assume was Mike & Maria's send off before going to TNA.

• Locked thread