Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
One of the great thing's about rumble's is they are easy viewing, you can watch and enjoy a rumble match with no previous knowledge of current fueds etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This thread is making me real salty my WWE Network sub is inactive right now through no fault of my own because WWE can't get their billing right. :mad:

Royal Rumble best Rumble.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
how soon we forget Chi-Town Rumble 89

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I just hope this year's Rumble is fun, regardless of the result. It's been so boring for two years in a row now. I want all the comedy spots. My favorites are:

- the 2000 Rumble, when Rikishi and Too Cool ended up by themselves in the ring and stopped the Rumble to bust a move

- same Rumble, where Kaientai repeatedly tried to get into the match despite not being in it, and got tossed out instantly each time

- 2002 Rumble, when Undertaker was beating up Maven outside the ring for eliminating him. Scotty 2 Hotty's music hit, and he came down the entrance ramp doing his dance like nothing was happening, and Taker just walked up and leveled him with a punch before he even got in the ring.

- all of Kofi's spots, except the one where he got saved by the Rosebuds. That's the best they could come up with?

- Santino going from setting the record for fastest eliminated Rumble participant in 2009, to almost winning it in 2011. Quite an improvement!

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 3, 2016

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MrSmokes posted:

I just hope this year's Rumble is fun, regardless of the result. It's been so boring for two years in a row now.

there are a lot of words you can use to describe the 2015 royal rumble but "boring" is definitely not one of them

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MrSmokes posted:

- 2002 Rumble, when Undertaker was beating up Maven outside the ring for eliminating him. Scotty 2 Hotty's music hit, and he came down the entrance ramp doing his dance like nothing was happening, and Taker just walked up and leveled him with a punch before he even got in the ring.

Hurricane trying to Double Chokeslam Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin is the all time comedy spot winner.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

MrSmokes posted:

- Santino going from setting the record for fastest eliminated Rumble participant in 2009, to almost winning it in 2011. Quite an improvement!

I liked the blatant attempt to suggest that the fastest elimination was going to get broken last Rumble, only for Titus O'Neil to mess it up by not jumping backwards over the rope after being punched quick or completely enough. Luckily for him no-one in creative seemed to hold a grudge over it though.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

there are a lot of words you can use to describe the 2015 royal rumble but "boring" is definitely not one of them

Whatever it was, it wasn't good. I guess it was funny how Kane and Show eliminated lots of people in the slowest, most mundane way possible.

Oh and I did laugh at how "shattered dreams" appeared on the tron for Goldust's entrance, immediately after Daniel Bryan got eliminated. There is NO way that wasn't on purpose.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Squalitude posted:

I liked the blatant attempt to suggest that the fastest elimination was going to get broken last Rumble, only for Titus O'Neil to mess it up by not jumping backwards over the rope after being punched quick or completely enough. Luckily for him no-one in creative seemed to hold a grudge over it though.

The depravity and pettiness that holding a grudge against someone screwing up a spot that is intended to be insulting and demeaning to the person performing it would just be :what:

But WWE and here we are.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
my roommate watches NXT with me but every time we've sat down to watch main WWE it's been loving awful, but I think I'll at least try to convince him to watch this thing and maaaaaybe even invite a few other friends over on the pretense of board games and then spring SURPRISE, THE GODDAMN ROYAL RUMBLE IS TONIGHT on em

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The Royal Rumble is my favorite match, and I was so excited to be able to see it live. That was last year. While I hated the result, being in that crowd was glorious.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Can you name every Royal Rumble participant from 1988-2015?

I got 196 out of 300.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IcePhoenix posted:

I still think it's hilarious that they changed the ending just because they were so shocked that everyone knew what was going to happen even though they had literally zero build for anything else. And in the end absolutely nothing else changed.

The funniest part was that it literally didn't matter whether Jericho or Sheamus won. Jericho was still going to challenge Punk for the WWE title, Sheamus was still going to challenge Bryan for the WHC. Their placements on the card would've been no different, the results of the matches would've been no different. So really the only reason Sheamus won was as a gently caress you to the people who figured it out.

\/\/\/I used actual details. :colbert:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 5, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sticklefifer posted:

The funniest part was that it literally didn't matter whether Jericho or Sheamus won. Jericho was still going to challenge Punk for the WWE title, Sheamus was still going to challenge Bryan for the WHC. Their placements on the card would've been no different, the results of the matches would've been no different. So really the only reason Sheamus won was as a gently caress you to the people who figured it out.

The other funniest part is how you just said exactly what I said but used different words to make it seem like you were being insightful :v:

180 :(

I feel kinda bad for some of the ones I missed but I suffered from "there are so many answers so I can't lock in on one" syndrome

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I appreciate the Royal Rumble.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

MrSmokes posted:

I just hope this year's Rumble is fun, regardless of the result. It's been so boring for two years in a row now. I want all the comedy spots. My favorites are:

- the 2000 Rumble, when Rikishi and Too Cool ended up by themselves in the ring and stopped the Rumble to bust a move

- same Rumble, where Kaientai repeatedly tried to get into the match despite not being in it, and got tossed out instantly each time

- all of Kofi's spots, except the one where he got saved by the Rosebuds. That's the best they could come up with?

The 2000 Rumble is so much fun. I love the middle part where Steve Blackman comes out, then the Rumble turns into an impromptu hardcore match for several minutes.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
royal rumble is cool and even if your dude you want to win doesnt win it you still get like an hour of dudes fallin on their butts, which is good

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Steve Blackman is the one guy who remembers every year that the Rumble is no DQ

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DynamiteKidd posted:

Steve Blackman is the one guy who remembers every year that the Rumble is no DQ

Finlay is the one guy who forgot it wasn't.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I liked the moment where it seemed that Santino Marella might ... just might win the Rumble.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I always liked it when Santino would be competitive in multi-man matches.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

New Day should win the rumble.
All 3 of them.
They should refuse to throw each other out, then Vince and his cronies get in their monster trucks and attempt to run them over.
But then Big E bodyslams the monster trucks and Roman gives them the world title out of respect before vanishing into the lifestream.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 4, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ChrisBTY posted:

New Day should win the rumble.
All 3 of them.
They should refuse to throw each other out, then Vince and his cronies get in their monster trucks and attempt to run them over.
But then Big E bodyslams the monster trucks and Roman gives them the world title out of respect before vanishing into the lifestream.

The Great Outdoor Rumble.

So best elimination ever. We all agree it's Sid Justice throwing Sgt. Slaughter 80 miles per hour into the post and his body skipping out of the ring like a stone, right? Paul London being clotheslined into a backflip is neat and all, but that's what London does. Slaughter was a walking sack of potatoes with eyes and had no right being thrown that fast.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gavok posted:

The Great Outdoor Rumble.

So best elimination ever. We all agree it's Sid Justice throwing Sgt. Slaughter 80 miles per hour into the post and his body skipping out of the ring like a stone, right? Paul London being clotheslined into a backflip is neat and all, but that's what London does. Slaughter was a walking sack of potatoes with eyes and had no right being thrown that fast.

Let's go to the tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7IP_UA5NI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUB5L20tlFg

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Sid jumping back a step as he realizes "oh gently caress, I did that!" is amazing. :allears:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hogan just outside the ring beating on folks for no reason.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

The greatest rumble moment was when Randy Orton and John Cena stared each other down (2011 I think) and the crowd gave zero fucks about it.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Testekill posted:

The greatest rumble moment was when Randy Orton and John Cena stared each other down (2011 I think) and the crowd gave zero fucks about it.

The greatest rumble moment was when Randy Orton and John Cena wrestled each other (2014 I think) and the crowd gave zero fucks about it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Keg posted:

The greatest rumble moment was when Randy Orton and John Cena wrestled each other (2014 I think) and the crowd gave zero fucks about it.

Also yes. Man, Cena vs Orton is just not a big iconic feud like the WWE want it to be.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I had to go find this Orton/Cena thing. This is during a period where I wasn't really watching at all, so it's all new to me.

https://you.tube.com/5NvlqBY-cjY?t=4423

More than anything the crowd really sucks, but yeah they did this feud to death with Randy as heel, and they laid at least a couple of eggs during that time (one of the worst Passions of the Cena matches).

edotherocket
Apr 6, 2006
Internet.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I had to go find this Orton/Cena thing. This is during a period where I wasn't really watching at all, so it's all new to me.

https://you.tube.com/5NvlqBY-cjY?t=4423

More than anything the crowd really sucks, but yeah they did this feud to death with Randy as heel, and they laid at least a couple of eggs during that time (one of the worst Passions of the Cena matches).

That Cena/Orton staredown never fails to crack me up.

I don't know if you saw the clip in isolation but I thought the crowd was pretty hot for that Rumble generally. They popped huge for Booker, Diesel and Cena coming out and eliminating CM Punk and his stable. They just gave no shits about Cena vs Orton getting teased.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

edotherocket posted:

That Cena/Orton staredown never fails to crack me up.

I don't know if you saw the clip in isolation but I thought the crowd was pretty hot for that Rumble generally. They popped huge for Booker, Diesel and Cena coming out and eliminating CM Punk and his stable. They just gave no shits about Cena vs Orton getting teased.

It's stone dead for the last 10 minutes, but yeah I didn't watch the whole thing.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

This is usually a strong candidate for match of the year but the last few have been kind of poo poo so now I don't even expect it to be particularly good. Hope they surprise me this year but expectations are being kept firmly in check.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

They should make D Bry the special guest referee for this year's Rumble.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Choom Gangster posted:

They should make D Bry the special guest referee for this year's Rumble.

"Yes, that guy's feet definitely hit the floor" on the mic for 80 minutes. All the buys.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

"Yes, that guy's feet definitely hit the floor" on the mic for 80 minutes. All the buys.

When someone's eliminated just have him jump around the ring shouting YES! And when Kofi does his annual saves-himself-from-elimination have him scream NO!

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I was gonna come in here and say I no longer appreciate the Rumble on account it's very bad and way to predictable with the wrong dudes winning every year now, but seems alot of you already beat me to it. About the only things left to enjoy are when the dumb nostalgia guys come out.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
In 2001, Kane was the iron man, which was cool because he was a beast but never the guy, and for the Rumbe he was at least that guy. Starting with Raven and Drew Carey, he went all the way to number 24, before everybody in the ring realized wait gently caress this guy and started teaming up on him. Bradshaw, Crash and Hardcore Holly, Val Venis, and Albert were all basically just whaling on him in the corner, keeping him immobile and trying to get him over the ropes. The timer receded-
5... 4... 3...

1... bwoooooong o/~ Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' (what?) Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' (come on!)

At 25, Undertaker's entrance gave Kane a window to fight back, and he and Kane eliminated literally everybody else in the match at that point save The Rock, who was still seizing from when Bog How put him through the announce table a few minutes earlier. The Undertaker and Kane did a quick survey of their surroundings, and then locked eyes. Would The Brothers of Destruction be on the same page? The timer receded... 4...

o/~ Turn it up! :dance:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Cubone posted:

In 2001, Kane was the iron man, which was cool because he was a beast but never the guy, and for the Rumbe he was at least that guy. Starting with Raven and Drew Carey, he went all the way to number 24, before everybody in the ring realized wait gently caress this guy and started teaming up on him. Bradshaw, Crash and Hardcore Holly, Val Venis, and Albert were all basically just whaling on him in the corner, keeping him immobile and trying to get him over the ropes. The timer receded-
5... 4... 3...

1... bwoooooong o/~ Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' (what?) Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' (come on!)

At 25, Undertaker's entrance gave Kane a window to fight back, and he and Kane eliminated literally everybody else in the match at that point save The Rock, who was still seizing from when Bog How put him through the announce table a few minutes earlier. The Undertaker and Kane did a quick survey of their surroundings, and then locked eyes. Would The Brothers of Destruction be on the same page? The timer receded... 4...

o/~ Turn it up! :dance:

That's the face of a man that knows he doesn't have long to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

BEARS

• Locked thread