Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Not a Children posted:

My great uncle played a prank on my grandfather once, about 40 years ago. The lottery had gotten up to a few tens of millions and they and their wives threw in for about 50 tickets each on a whim. They went out the night of the drawing and didn't make it back til late. The next morning, my great uncle woke up before my grandfather, grabbed a newspaper to check the winner, and went to the local gas station to buy a ticket with the winning numbers. Then he mixed that ticket in with the ones they had bought the day before. After everyone woke up and was working their way through the tickets, my grandfather found the one with the matching numbers. My great uncle (who, each time he tells this story, exaggerates the difficulty he had in keeping a straight face a little bit more) holds off for a bit to allow him and the two ladies to celebrate, going through the list of things they'll do with the money, singing songs and drinking whiskey with them as the "win" sunk in. After about a half hour, my uncle tells them to take a look at the date on the ticket. He says that the only other time my grandfather had that particular expression on his face was on the day of their mother's death. My grandfather chased him out of the house with a gun and didn't talk to him for about a month.

I like to think this happens a few hundred times across the country every lottery cycle

My grandma did the same thing to my grandpa, but he strangled her and tried to burn her body in the basement fireplace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

No. 6 posted:

My grandma did the same thing to my grandpa, but he strangled her and tried to burn her body in the basement fireplace.

same but without the prank

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Not a Children posted:

My grandfather chased him out of the house with a gun and didn't talk to him for about a month.

I like to think this happens a few hundred times across the country every lottery cycle

:lol:

Yes, it does. Youtube is inundated with fake lottery ticket pranks.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
wanna meet that uncle

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

wanna meet that uncle

He's hella cool. He did well for himself, spent most of his career jetsetting for some advertising firm. Married a woman 18 years his junior, still with her at the ripe old age of 86. Now he's slightly losing his marbles but he's still a super sweet, hilarious old guy. I'm visiting him this weekend and I'm gonna hit the horse track with him and his gambling buddies.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Thread's a lie, $361 million.

Not even worth my time.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Chief McHeath posted:

Thread's a lie, $361 million.

Not even worth my time.

The thread is not wrong. You have become unmoored in time.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

No. 6 posted:

lol classic grandpa

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Germstore posted:

The thread is not wrong. You have become unmoored in time.

Though three hundred million is not far from what the folks got that caused the thread bump in the first place

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Think I'll drop :20bux: on today's lottery, I'll get more enjoyment out of it than I would buying a couple of drinks with that cash instead.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

if i won the lottery i would buy lowtax

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i won

it was me

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I haven't bought a ticket since the last time it got huge.

Watching the RNC makes me think the country is close to collapsing anyway.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Dude with that kind of money you could, like, I don't know, build, fortify, arm and fill with all of the food and booze an awesome fortress for you and your homies and some sluts and could just kill roaming post-apocalyptic gangs from behind your huge walls in between orgies. It could have a moat for fucks sake!

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Whatever you do do not send me any money it will make me very mad

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Inzombiac posted:

really i just want to know if we have the race war or class war first, or some grotesque hybrid

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
poo poo. I didn't buy a ticket! Now I only have two days to try before wednesday!!!!!!

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
suck my power balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

UltraRed posted:

poo poo. I didn't buy a ticket! Now I only have two days to try before wednesday!!!!!!
did you just bump this for a lovely < 200m pot

what the gently caress man

• Locked thread