Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Black Baby Goku posted:

Someone will win

not even necessarily true lol how do you think the jackpot got so big in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
your odds of winning have nothing to do with the amount of people who buy tickets

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Why, in the wild blue gently caress of all fucks upon this gay Earth, would you be carrying 800,000 in loving cash?

There isn't a hooker on Earth worth that amount of money.

What, do you buy your blow by the "fuckton"?

to bathe in it

obviously

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
id probably just quit working and buy a really nice computer and stick the rest in a mutual fund and play video games and smoke weed a lot

I don't need to change poo poo up and buy houses and crap I just finished moving into this apartment and I just got a new car so I'm okay

I just loving don't want to wake up at 7:15 anymore

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i hope some billionaire buys a ticket on a lark and wins and takes it all and the poor masses just rip them to shreds

on live TV

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Imo the issue with that is there's not really such a thing as a truly random number generator on a computer. It's always based on some algorithm

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think in this situation it is appropriate to eat the rich so to speak.

Also most hedge fund managers are dumb fucks who only got there by having connections. Like 80%+ probably. In general they are no better at picking investments than random luck would be.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I oscillate between 'buying a lotto ticket can be some cheap entertainment/thrill' and 'the lotto is a tax on people who don't understand math' depending on my mood but in the end i think it just comes down to 'I'm trying to get this red bull before work and you're loving buying lotto tickets and scratchers for 10 minutes at the counter at 7:40am like a goddamn junkie' so imo gently caress the lotto

• Locked thread