Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
the best lotto winner ever was this goony bastard:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-04-03/news/bs-ae-bunky-lottery-20120402_1_lottery-winner-ellwood-bunky-bartlett-westminster

quote:

A Tarot card might have foretold that Ellwood "Bunky" Bartlett would win $32.6 million in the 2007 lottery.

Unfortunately, the spirit world provided no omens that might have helped the 45-year-old practicing Wiccan better manage his good fortune.

apparently sinking your jackpot into a wiccan book store and a record label and developing your own mmo are all inadvisable.

behold the glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ok i've been running a few iterations of the powerball simulator that was posted earlier. http://powerball-simulator.com/

if you select max speed the sim seem to run at about one year per second.

sim1 is using quick pick numbers and hit a million bux after 625 years. it's now at 35.5K years and has hit $10K 11 times but nothing bigger.

sim2 i picked the numbers and it's been running for 22.5K years and is a poor performer giving only 10K twice.

sim3 i started a few minutes ago and picked clown option 1 2 3 4 5 and powerball 6 and it hit a million in 52.4 years (less than a minute of sim time).

i'm suspicious of the RNG in this thing :raise:

also i was thinking about blowing 2bux on the next drawing but these simulations are really showing how futile the whole thing is so maybe i'll just buy a cookie instead.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

Zogo posted:

That powerball simulator is old and broken. The odds are different now and the grand prize will likely give 10-30 times more than $40,000,000 by Wednesday night. If you have infinite $$$ and infinite time you 100% want to play now.

i knew the odds were different, and it's definitely broken. my 1 2 3 4 5 + pb6 pick has hit the million mark 6 times in 10 thousand years and i'm running a 4 million dollar profit atm. stop getting my hopes up u dumb simulator! :argh:

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

Germstore posted:

New strategy, spend 2 dollars on one ticket and spend another 2 dollars buying the hobo outside a bag of those corn chips he likes. The karma increases your chance of winning by at least a factor of four.

yeah but what good is a bag of hobo chips karma if you end up with 1.5 billion of ppl's missed rent payments and kids' lunch money and warm clothes?

whoever wins will be beyond jack whittaker levels of hosed :nutshot:

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

my internet tells me that story was published 13 hours ago, which would have been before the drawing took place.

it also seems that somebody who knows money as well as a hedge fund manager would be the last guy to blab about it without giving it some careful consideration first.

e: or drat maybe since he's used to that kind of money he already knows what's up and it's no big deal idk

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

JakeP posted:

loving lmao

well obviously they don't understand money as well as students of intersectional marxist gender theory, but those folks are busy posting in d&d and welp somebody has to attempt actual money management, even if they are woefully inadequate compared to the likes of sedan chair and effectronica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

Zogo posted:

A Powerball Reimbursement Go Fund Me Page Has Been Created for Cinnamon Nicole. Donate today.
https://www.yahoo.com/music/powerball-reimbursement-fund-page-created-235504618.html

:laffo: at your premature/childlike optimism.

Campaign Not Found
We're sorry, but the campaign URL you entered cannot be found.

• Locked thread