Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Heil Santa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
I asked about P&P agent in here once, I think.

Trip Report: it loving sucks.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
So who had to write the most dv reports this weekend

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Light duty pros:
Holiday and weekend off, no domestics

Cons: wasting my life at a desk, no getting paid to do nothing as Christmas is usually quiet

e: missed free double time and a half

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 26, 2016

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Worked 8 hours on Christmas day. Didn't attend a single domestic.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Victor Vermis posted:

I asked about P&P agent in here once, I think.

Trip Report: it loving sucks.

P sure Fed probation is where it's at. Or any state in which they are more like cops than social workers, so like 2.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
What state? Makes a big difference

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Not armed, not "peace officers". We do warrantless searches and cuffing & custody & transportation soooooo I dunno. "Administrative Law" is weird.

I have a sex offender caseload so all of the use-your-discretion gray area stuff is further complicated because the touchy-feely approach of policy right now does not jive well at all with the public opinion of sex offenders in the community. And public scrutiny.

Its 10 below outside and I'm telling a newly-released homeless guy he's subject to violation consequences if he seeks shelter because everything with a roof for 10+ miles in any direction is basically off limits. Yet I know full well we can't just toss a guy back in jail if he chooses non-compliance over death by exposure.
..Meanwhile a guy with a job and an approved residence and a similar offense history is liable to get taken into custody for the exact same violation because he doesn't have the life-or-death excuse to be somewhere he shouldn't be. I guess that makes sense but it's still kinda screwed up.

None of this is a surprise, of course. I just didn't realize how much goddamn paperwork and permission-seeking there'd be for every little thing.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
South Dakota parole is armed, I think california is too?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Illinois parole is as well IIRC

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Victor Vermis posted:

Its 10 below outside and I'm telling a newly-released homeless guy he's subject to violation consequences if he seeks shelter because everything with a roof for 10+ miles in any direction is basically off limits. Yet I know full well we can't just toss a guy back in jail if he chooses non-compliance over death by exposure.
I'd like to think you could tip off the media and get this changed via outrage, but the Miami sex offender bridge was deliberately created so there is probably no limit to what indignities Americans will inflict on sex offenders.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
A lot of people would cheer imagining these evil people die of exposure.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Vahakyla posted:

A lot of people would cheer imagining these evil people die of exposure.

That's not a nice thing to say about us GiP posters, Vahakyla.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I want sex offenders to get better treatment. What I meant is that the public just seems that homeless man being cold as a bonus, and doesn't care.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Vahakyla posted:

I want sex offenders to get better treatment.

Tell 'em to move to California. It's a rapist wonderland here now.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Null1fy posted:

Tell 'em to move to California. It's a rapist wonderland here now.

Define this term better before I buy my airline ticket please.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

An old buddy of mine does P&P in a state that's social work based, and basically they can't violate anyone. He was ready to quit when they gave him a spot on their response team or whatever they call it for raids/assisting other agencies with their "clients", etc. Now he's got a badge, a gun, and state wide jurisdiction. Apparently the whole no 4th Amendment for people, houses, cars thing helps too.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 28, 2016

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

http://kdvr.com/2016/12/27/federal-court-rules-police-can-shoot-dog-if-it-moves-or-barks-when-they-enter-a-home/

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I have done literally hundreds of warrants and never shot a dog :iiam:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I would shoot myself before I shot a dogge tbh

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I would shoot myself before I shot a dogge tbh

There's no time like the present

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

wow that post was so fuckin edgy mathematically it's a sphere

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Smiling Jack posted:

What cool young person's forum did you hear that one from?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Grem posted:

What cool young person's forum did you hear that one from?

None I'm just a giant loving nerd

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Think I've told the story before, but I've been present for one dog shoot and that dog needed to be put down. There have been a few other times where it could have easily been articulated, including being actively bitten - but hasn't happened. I like dogges :3:.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Smiling Jack posted:

I have shot literally hundreds of dogs and never done a warrant :iiam:

Same

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
hard to plant a gun on a dog

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Proud Christian Mom posted:

hard to plant a gun on a dog

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/03/26/k-9-protection-dog-wearing-galco-ankle-holster/

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
...but not impossible.

http://i.imgur.com/EQzmAi5.jpg

mod edit: link to a dead(?) dog either way better safe than sorry

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 29, 2016

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
:(

Hope this from a movie.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Syrian Lannister posted:

:(

Hope this from a movie.
The Shield, actually

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
When rollover and play dead goes wrong.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Smiling Jack posted:

I feel like being antagonistic what of it

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Props to all the cop goons out there. Had to zip tie a drugged up and and drunk dude to a spine board the other night. 7 of us firefighters and 2 cops. Props to you guys for helping us out (...with the guy you have under arrest and are asking us to transport for medical). Also props to you guys for dealing with him before us so that we can deal with him.

That said... to you Deputies out there - Why don't you help us out on MVCs by pulling traffic duty, and instead make us do it when it's part of your drat job? <:mad:>

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
wtf I would never ask firemen to direct traffic on the scene of a crash, that's ridiculous

cause I don't wanna have to work a 2nd crash is why :roflolmao:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Rad Lieutenant posted:

wtf I would never ask firemen to direct traffic on the scene of a crash, that's ridiculous

cause I don't wanna have to work a 2nd crash is why :roflolmao:

Then when someone tries to run through us when we tell them stop, arrest them. :colbert:

No poo poo, I've nearly been run over, with a deputy standing beside me, by someone deciding that me saying stop to them wasn't what they wanted.

Deputy yelled at them and then did nothing.

:colbert:

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Our firefighters just pull the truck diagonal across 3 lanes of traffic, even for a minor rear end collision safely moved to the shoulder

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

threelemmings posted:

Our firefighters just pull the truck diagonal across 3 lanes of traffic, even for a minor rear end collision safely moved to the shoulder

https://youtu.be/0HAGMb_jAdU

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Haha the backboards! Credit where it's due our fire/ems are pretty good about things, everyone pitches in so we have a good relationship with our local stations and ambulances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

It's routinely just one of us, but like 10+ of them on a wreck. Hell yeah put them to work. Most of the time those +hose jockeys+ are happy to do it, unless it keeps them from running to ANOTHER CALL. Much better to have a fire truck take the lanes than my cruiser and a couple lovely flares.

• Locked thread