Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Smoking Crow posted:

They are the worst. They always get in the way and make it really hard to hold the book. If you lay them down somewhere, they always get squished and ruined. Why do publishers keep the scourge of dust jackets alive? Just end this please

just scotch tape them and don't be a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Smoking Crow posted:

You ruin a book by doing that. A book is more than the sum of the words within them, it's an object full of beauty

Cut off the front cover of all your dust jackets and wallpaper your reading room with them

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

You ruin a book by doing that. A book is more than the sum of the words within them, it's an object full of beauty

Cut off the front cover off all your dust jackets and wallpaper your reading room with them

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

See look, even the forums know I am right and emphasized it with a weird double post

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I don't know how y'all put tape on your books but a little piece on the inside flap isn't gonna destroy the book

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If it's a new book over 500 pages you gotta get it hardcover because it gives a tangible sense of accomplishment to read it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ulvir posted:

these days I judge people by whether the spine of their books show wear, and if they've got those ridiculously tacky and overdesigned hardcover versions of classic books

I actually mastered a style of reading paperbacks without bending the spine because I think bent spines look ugly. I read paperbacks by sort of peeling back only the page I am currently looking at.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

the bible wasn't originally in hebrew

Yeah everyone knows Jesus spoke American

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Is this a facepalm for you or for him because Crow is right bro

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

I'm in university and I have to explain that the Council of Nicea didn't pick the books of the bible to other students

I thought you didn't like fantasy novels

*puts on cool guy sunglasses*

*rides of on a horse of pure reason*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am angry

angry about book covers

• Locked thread