Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

They are the worst. They always get in the way and make it really hard to hold the book. If you lay them down somewhere, they always get squished and ruined. Why do publishers keep the scourge of dust jackets alive? Just end this please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mel Mudkiper posted:

just scotch tape them and don't be a bitch

You ruin a book by doing that. A book is more than the sum of the words within them, it's an object full of beauty

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Earwicker posted:

oh, I guess I didn't quite get what you meant, I have never seen this format before actually. that is really ugly.

Comics publishers do that a lot for big bundle books

My copy of Classic X-Men looks like that

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Enfys posted:

E-readers ruin all the fun of judging people by their book covers

Don't judge a book by its Amazon review section

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

the bible wasn't originally in hebrew

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm in university and I have to explain that the Council of Nicea didn't pick the books of the bible to other students

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I always cut my finger on deckled pages

• Locked thread