Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

or because you really really want to read a new book but don't want to wait half a goddamn year for the paperback version

or because hardcovers are about 100% of the books you recieve as a gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

my paperback version of war and peace (penguin) has this weird thing with the pages. though I guess with a massive book like that, it might be an advantage

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Bandiet posted:

What's the advantage? Does it help fat paperbacks from curving or something?

idk, I just found it easier to turn the pages as I go, whether it's just in my head or not is debatable

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

these days I judge people by whether the spine of their books show wear, and if they've got those ridiculously tacky and overdesigned hardcover versions of classic books

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I just bend open the book and don't really care about the spine at all. but I also don't intend to sell whichever book in buy either, so it doesn't matter to me.

It's also really cumbersome to try to read without bending the spine or pages way back when your only source of light comes at an angle from your right

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I thought you didn't like fantasy novels

*puts on cool guy sunglasses*

*rides of on a horse of pure reason*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

opinions about dust jackets

• Locked thread