Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FAT BATMAN posted:

Ever since I saw Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as a kid I've wanted a Rube Goldberg-like device that makes breakfast for me. When I wake up I hit a switch and it starts an automated process while I shower and get dressed. By the time I'm ready to eat there's a plate of eggs and pancakes w a glass of OJ waiting for me. When can my internet of things do that.

they're called breakfast machines and they're basically toaster/coffeemakers w/ a place for an egg or a place for bacon/sausage

i don't think amazon carries them anymore tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

one point twenty one jiggahertz

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
taupe is the superior case color b/c the dust just blends right in

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Elder Postsman posted:

http://mashable.com/2016/01/07/robot-suitcase/#1x9dA8B1OqqC

Good luck getting that poo poo through security.

"Yes this is my autonomous drone and inside it i have a large homemade clock. Also it's powered by large lithium ion batteries from China. Like hover boards."

Baggage handlers can ignore a ticking suitcase. The security task force guy, he called baggage handlers Throwers. Modern bombs don't tick. But a suitcase that vibrates, the baggage handlers, the Throwers, have to call the police.

Nine times out of ten, the security task force guy says, the vibration is an electric razor. This was my cordless electric razor. The other time, it's a vibrating dildo. Imagine, the task force guy says, telling a passenger on arrival that a dildo kept her baggage on the East Coast. Sometimes it's even a man. It's airline policy not to imply ownership in the event of a dildo. Use the indefinite article.

A dildo.

Never your dildo.

Never, ever say the dildo accidentally turned itself on.

A dildo activated itself and created an emergency situation that required evacuating your baggage.

There was the airline representative at the gate, and there was the security task force guy to say, ha, your electric razor kept your checked baggage at Dulles. The task force guy called the baggage handlers Throwers. Then he called them Rampers. To prove things could be worse, the guy told me at least it wasn't a dildo. Then, maybe because I'm a guy and he's a guy and it's one o'clock in the morning, maybe to make me laugh, the guy said industry slang for flight attendant was Space Waitress. Or Air Mattress.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SO DEMANDING posted:

it ended saturday

regardless of whatever won, we lost

if you excuse me, i need to reboot my refrigerator

UPDATING FRIGIDOS FIRMWARE PLEASE DO NOT OPEN YOUR REFRIGERATOR DURING THIS PROCESS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
icebox.cloud can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred

please check your network connection and your freezer unit for melting

• Locked thread