Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

why not just call it halo? i don't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

just send ur dog a sigpup, or is ur smart collar not PAWSIX compliant??

mods, please do something about this. this is just too much.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

imagine if your clothes had rfid tags that described washing instructions, and the machine would read them be like "NO YOUR WIFE IS GONNA KILL YOU IF YOU DO THAT ON HOT'

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ugh look at the terrible low travel keys. barf city

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the apple iwatch only has the one button so it doesn't have to be labeled.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

cayden, stop putting 999 boxes of pop tarts on the shopping list

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I think it will be cool once all the dust settles and theres a iot standard so I can have like lights and heat controlled from a standard place. I don't really care about fridgeputers but theres plenty of home automation stuff that would be a nice to have once its streamlined.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

fart simpson posted:

i can see a benefit in actual home automation, but just adding buttons on an app to turn everything on and off adds nothing valuable. they need to put an interface in all this stuff in order to move on to the actual useful part, but in the meantime it's all going to be stupid

cool things that would be nice 2 have:
control oven temp/timer and get notifications from oven
get notifications for complete cycles from washer/dryer/dish washer
turn lights on and off based on programmable criteria
turn heat on and off based on programmable criteria
etc...

nobody wants this:
tweet from your fridge/oven/washer/dryer/dish washer

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I always turn the buzzers and stuff off so having a notification on the phone that I can see when I glance at everything else would be nice and it could keep reminding me until I swap it cause sometimes I forget.

oven temp notifications are good for similar scenarios like oh hey you preheated and forgot so heres more reminders or maybe you have a temp probe in a meat and you want to monitor it remotely. yes you can get things that do all this already but having standards around the data being available would be cool.

I'm not gonna go out and replace everything or whatever but w/ eventual replacements over time these would be nice features. nothing critical or anything

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
a standard for the combination of wildly different devices into a single process. the internet of rubes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

I want phone notifications for my washer because I turned off the notifications it came with

phone notifications persist beyond the end of the cycle and will be received wherever you are so you don't have to stay w/in earshot of the machine

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk the concept of art created w/ new vr stuff is pretty cool and in the hands of a good artist could probably produce interesting things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I thought you meant like 1:30/1:40. lmao

• Locked thread