Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

This is a great idea, there is no way anything could go wrong.

I need more details on the NEAI 2016 event, it's only 8-ish hours away. Maybe I'll buy another car up there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Woke up to snapchats of that thing in Adiabatic's back yard, good way to start a Friday.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

literally a fish posted:

I'm not against the idea of turbocharging it, I just think that should be saved for next year so as to increase my odds of surviving this year.

Supercharge it, conversion van with blower whine would be amazing.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I'm trying to plan my trip to NJ to pick up a car to line up with the next work weekend. Not sure if I can get the guy to store it until May but I'll try.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

PainterofCrap posted:

Where in NJ?

Farmingdale, about 10.5 hours from me which is really going to suck. Not sure if I'll leave super early and try to pick up the car that day or spend the night in the area then pick up the car in the morning and head to Adiabatic's place or just drive home.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Coasterphreak posted:

Isn't that Mooecow's stomping ground?

It may be, I'm not familiar enough with the NEAI crew to know. My next three weekends are booked but the three after that are open, going to try to fit the trip in there somehow. Two coworkers have offered their trucks and I'll probably just grab a u-haul trailer in NJ so I don't have to tow an empty trailer 700 miles.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Come on by if you need a place to stay. I've got the guest bed you can share with Badger.

The weekend of May 14th I woun't be here, but I should be around every other weekend for the next couple months.

14th I might be busy anyway, will try to set something up one of the other weekends.

If any e30, forester, van work is going on I'll stick around and offer commentary. poo poo might even be able to help with e30 related crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

literally a fish posted:

I also have $5m in personal liability coverage from my travel insurance, so I'm good on that front.

I'm renting a "Camaro SS or equivalent" from Avis using the USAA code, picking it up tomorrow, gonna hang onto it for 3 weeks. Got a few destinations in mind to hit, gonna try to make it to https://www.virginiacityhillclimb.com/ with Tremek depending on timing. May be in Orlando saturday night/sunday morning to watch the JCSAT-16 SpaceX launch.

Yes this means rental camaro donuts at NEAI :getin:

After that due to some stuff going on at home I may have to go back home early, so depending on how that pans out over the next week or two I'll make my plans for post-sept-1st.

If you take a really hosed up route to/from Orlando and end up in East TN let me know. I'll take you out in some German muscle cars

• Locked thread