Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~

literally a fish posted:

Wes and Cory will use it on occasion I suspect (and I'm open to the idea of lending it to others once i've done my inaugural trip) so it should get a decent amount of miles on it. it will have only the finest parts store oils

So basically, instead of a town bike it'd be a town van? I guess it'd be more of an AI than town thing.

Also, have you organised the plates for it like we discussed in IRC? And the stickers, you cannot forget the stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~

literally a fish posted:

(I forgot what stickers)

VB and Carlton Draught.

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~
Hey literally a fish

You need to bring this man a bunch of Aussie beer, I imagine they get some there in the US but its probably the poo poo stuff and ridiculously overpriced.

Adiabatic posted:

I foresee lots of goons in my house in 2016

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~

iForge posted:

Bring me a case of VB in your luggage

First bit of education, its not a case its a slab.

You never buy a case of VB, you buy a slab of VB. Also, you get stubbies (375ml) and not cans (tinnies, also 375ml) - though for a bit of nostalgia, you might get the VB mini bottles affectionately called "grenades" or "hand grenades" (they were 250ml). Back in the old days though, we used to be able to get these 1l or 1.5l cans of VB (up in the Northern Territory, where we also had unrestricted highways cos there was nothing else for ages).

If you want a can of something, you could go Melbourne Bitter - just that with VB, cans are always the last resort.

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~
Didnt they limit it to 1 slab per person for Bathurst?

Yep, google confirms it with an article on SMH from 2009: http://www.smh.com.au//breaking-news-national/v8-fans-face-slab-limit-at-bathurst-1000-20091006-gjlq.html

quote:

V8 fans will again be limited to one slab of beer a day at this year's Bathurst 1000 car race.

[...]

Restrictions also apply to one case (24 cans) of pre-mixed drinks a day or one cask of wine up to four litres.

Combinations of the options will not be allowed.

That limit is per-day, so the nearby bottle-o's would be making a killing.

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~
Anyone got a tape to confirm the tape deck even works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~

literally a fish posted:

you don't understand man australians run on evaporative cooling IT DOESN'T WORK HERE

This is what you should expect from someone who has lived in Melbourne for way too long, that and he did leave from our winter - August is typically 13.5c (56F) during the day. I mean, we dont get ridiculous cold weather where you get blizzards and need salt on the roads. But to go from cold to hot is probably too much for a fish.

If fish was living in QLD (well, far north QLD) or NT, then it'd be a different story since they regularly get to 35c+ at high humidity levels during their wet season.

• Locked thread