Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This rules and is going to continue to rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This is gonna be great.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

stevobob posted:

God I love AI's group assisted enabling.

It's like a swarm of locusts that convert money into horsepower instead of corn into poop I don't know where I'm going with this.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

iForge posted:

What makes you think I can't?

Adiabatic has real spindly fingers, he can get up inside that van in a way no other man should try. Some say he can speak to every GMC product and divine its secret true name.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Ferremit posted:

Im loving the fact that an Australian can buy a van in the USA, get it moved the equivilent of Adelaide to Melbourne, get someone else to fix it up for him, all so he can use it to go visit a bunch of people hes only ever met over the internet, easier than I can get my plans for building a less than foot off the ground timber deck thats under a roof approved through the local loving council!

'STRAYA!

See if you can get the deck built in America by goon labour and then apply to import it to Australia?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I think it started working again because its cross-country road trip opened its eyes to a world it had only barely seen.

Too bad you have to wait a whole other year to get the Golden Globes for that interior vid.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 15, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I wonder where it's leaking coolant from. If you played your cards right you could have an incredibly terrifying cross-country road trip in a rapidly self-disassembling halftruck.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

Soda comes in 2L bottles, so I'd imagine it's not as foreign as you think. Just not preferred.

Plus, a liter is about a quart, right? :v:

In Canada they're trying to megafuck us on the smaller bottles of pop by "metricating" them. So a bottle that used to be 20oz/591mL is now exactly 500mL, for the same price as before.

Dicks.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
It's been pretty common in the Subaru community for awhile since you can fill the voids in your stock diff bushings without removing it. Since some models don't have an aftermarket diff bushing option it works out pretty well.

I'm sure it far predates that application.

Window-Weld is just liquid urethane so it's really no different from any other bushing. There are guys on GRM who pour their own NLA bushings using a wooden mould and 90A liquid urethane.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Denmah's cores are all 200k plus mile engines and they seem to make the boosts fine. Sometimes they need a good cleaning if the PO didn't keep up with the oil changes but otherwise they seem to be quite solid.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

kastein posted:

Goddamnit

LaF I think you need O2 sensors... and bungs since I am assuming the headers won't have them preinstalled

:doh:

Might as well do a wideband.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

literally a fish posted:

how the hell am I going to explain the purpose of my visit to the immigration officer

Revenge.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Ripoff posted:

We need a punishment car to make him drive if he can't get the van together.

I'm thinking a 2001 Kia Rio. :unsmigghh:

Edit: Post the worst cars u got

Get one of the WRX-clone Rios. He'll find that comfortable.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Carb it and take the hood off.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
You can still save this thread if you buy the worst possible Tahoe or similar and write a travelogue of fixing it with the Back-Up Car (driven by an assortment of goons) stalking you like a predator.

e: Mustang

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Noise Complaint posted:

Fish. I'm not gonna make you sleep outside at NEAI if you wind up coming up without a vehicle. I know the rest of the trip kind of hinges on it but if you find something up here you're welcome to work on it. Hell. If you want to fix up my F150 you can have it. Needs head gaskets and tires mounted. I have the tires. You can take it and we can work something out for when you leave.

This man speaks truth. An F150 is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Noise Complaint posted:

It's an extended cab, 4x4, and the tires I have for it are oversize super aggressive AT's... with white letters. Bench seats, also.

I could also throw in more LED lights than you could imagine along with other truck ricing poo poo. It has a brand new transmission with a shift kit, and a glasspack muffler.

You need to hardwire a PA system that constantly blares the New Zealand national anthem.

• Locked thread