Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
gently caress yes I took my drivers test in a Mark III Chevy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_ca7LYmoI

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

So, is anyone else googling where to get a plexiglass bubble dome?

fun fact: on of my friend's dad built vans back in the day and he had one with not just that, but see through valve covers and distributor cap, too

lol

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
can I point out that a molester van with an LS is pretty much the AI mascot at this point

needs more jorts though

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Going 4x4 in a Chevy van also 100% requires a lift kit if you're swapping over to it from 2wd. It's not as easy as swapping a truck over. Very, very little room where the front axle would go. My buddy had a lifted Chevy van in high school and that thing was a motherfucker to get running and aligned.

Just some words to mull over if you do consider a 4x4 swap down the road.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's not even just a lift kit, it's literally every piece of suspension and steering gear plus modifications to the frame. It's insane, lol.

The Quigley's are Fords and IIRC are provided with stuff that makes it a bolt on from the factory. Lifted Ford vans seem much easier to pull off.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Had no idea they did other vans, cool.

I'm only really familiar with the Fords because when I worked at the auction, Ford was our anchor account. We'd get a few in every year, usually flogged to poo poo and back.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

AcidRonin posted:

i have this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apwMqObFlxU

On cassette tape. I humbly offer it as sweet van music.

The Terran Trade Authority album art loving sells this 100%

e- That's the starliner "Galactic Queen" is any of you doubt my nerd cred

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Darchangel posted:

Holy gently caress that brought back some memories. I know I've read at least a couple of those, and possibly own one.
And yeah, that's the Galactic Queen (about 2 minutes in):
https://vimeo.com/29549708

Looks like Chevy actually designed that thing with a modicum of maintainability in mind.
One of the fun things about my wife's Astro van: they were unibody. The engine cam out of the bottom, along with the front subframe, so you just lifted the front of the van and rolled the front suspension and engine out.

I always loved those books, they were peak 80's. Also the way the ships looked was fantastic, I thought, because it wraps back to painting them crazy as gently caress. We're in space, my sensors are advanced, and I'm engaging from kilometers away. gently caress it, bumblebee stripes.

• Locked thread