Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Start a GoFundMe in order to bring the van to something like its true apotheosis:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Not to derail, but as a non-mechanic, I have never understood this kind of operation. What kind of modifications do you have to do to get a vehicle to run like this? Why do it? Does lovely low-RPM performance imply better high-RPM performance?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Leperflesh posted:

Unfortunately, if you choose a punishment vehicle which has the major flaws of an unreliable powertrain, you're not actually achieving the desired effect... because if it simply won't run, it stops functioning as a punishment vehicle. So what you want is a vehicle that is miserable to be in, miserable to drive, and has unreliable poo poo like electronics, body work, etc... but will still run and stop.

So something like a Renault Le Car? Or a Chevy Chevette?

• Locked thread