Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Darchangel posted:

This thread is awesome, and now I need a conversion van for hauling and road trips.

I want an XB Falcon panel, done up like the Mad Max Black on Black. Because. It'll definitely be different, especially in the US.

I love how the engine noise makes the video shake.

The US got little ones that you can go out and buy and drive right now for next to nothing

pinto cruising wagon.

vega panel express

There were also aftermarket kits for the corvette and mustang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

:laffo: are you serious.

Completely.

I never joke about sexwagons.

look at that cavernous fuckpit.

padded for maximum protection while practicing all 6 sexual positons.

And that's not a fire extinguisher, it's a giant can of scotch guard.

That particular one was selling for $27,000 with a 572 crate engine

http://bangshift.com/general-news/e...hp-crate-motor/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gently caress that, I'm googling a valve cover to frying pan adapter.

That doesn't seem to be in the spirit of this fine fine molestation station.

How illegal would a V8 heated copper still be?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looks like you've just found a use for the vans original motor, and all that space in the back. Here comes the moonshinemobile!

A low temp thermostat opens at 180*f, ethanol boils at 173*f, water at 212*f.

seems like a match made in heaven.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

literally a fish posted:

Lets take this to its logical conclusion; can I fit a still in the back that will produce 96% ethanol, which I can blend with 10% gas and run the engine? :getin:

That's what i was going to mention. put a flex fuel sensor in there somewhere and say you're making fuel!

And now that's got me wondering if that would be a legitimately good way to make fuel. use the vehicle's waste heat to make ethanol to run the vehicle on.

Couple that with a little direct exhaust injection and you can practically run the van on water, man.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

literally a fish posted:

Did you know they all think we drink Foster's? Nobody drinks Foster's! Foster's sold in the US is even made in the USA

And KingPave is right, beer comes in slabs mate - send bazza down the bottle-o to grab a slab of carlton and a slab of VB, that'll get us set for 'straya day, just have to remember to pick up some snags and steaks a couple days early

fun fact: if you bring your car to the sandown 500 you are limited to two slabs of beer per person, IIRC

The trick is to get someone to drive you in with 4 slabs(2 each) and then get them to drive the car home.

You'll be riding back in a cop car anyways.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Time for that LM7 LML swap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

literally a fish posted:

Bwahahahaha. Dis gon b gud.

Feel free to leave the tcase behind; it turns out to cost $75 for a 2WD bellhousing and output shaft, and they just drop in, so unless it's $free.50 (which, knowing you, it will be :sun:) you can leave it.

Otherwise, aww yissssssss

You're thinking about this the wrong way.

Going in the other direction, how much is it for a front differential?

• Locked thread