Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wrar and I are free in two weeks if you want more doge, donunts, and labor for vannanigans.

That would be the first weekend of February, just to be clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

So do you guys need rides to neai then?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wrar posted:

Want to rent my 330i? :v:

This is not a half bad idea.

Also, when do you want myself and this guy to show up?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Dagen H posted:

As much as I want to see an F150 repair thrash in the spirit of the van, I think the Volvo is the better option.

I think the rental 3 series is the best.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Fish, I'm planning on stopping in Philly on the drive up for a taste of the 4 major "homes of the cheesesteak." You in? (Pat's, Geno's, Jim's, and Tony Luke's)
I figure 3+ goons can split 4 cheesesteaks and not die.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

literally a fish posted:

I am ok with this, though I can't eat very much since the surgery.

Yeah. I figure we buy one at each and split it among whoever is in our...

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Thursday am, aiming to get to Philly around lunch, then look at traffic and decide which way we want to go through/around NYC (GW Bridge, TappenZee, or further north on Doodletown/Newburg)The northernest route only adds an hour or so and it looks like there are some gorgeous/fun roads in that area.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Fart Pipe posted:

The Tappanzee is the way to go for sure. I never even mess with the NYC route. Usually NJP to exit 10 which is 287/87 to 84. Worth not being stuck in traffic and endless potholes. That and I think the GWB is at least 8 bucks now.

I was thinking even further north because Hudson valley roads on a summer afternoon sounds pretty fun. Plus with Fish having a mustang and my s60R those roads should be a hoot. And camera.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I'm thinking this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Alarbus posted:

That's the better way to get there, 95 in Jersey will be kind of crappy but manageable, from what I recall. 95 north out of NYC is TERRIBLE.

At least going North will be a bit better, since 90% of the traffic will be going South/East to The Shore.

I can move the route a smidge west and take the Garden State Parkway instead.

edit: tweaked - https://goo.gl/maps/hnBM61i2dWT2

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 12, 2016

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

alternate.eago posted:

I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to be able to make it, but If i do, I'll be heading out after work on Friday. And yeah the Merritt was awesome when I drove on it with my learners on a family vacation.

Will we be getting steamed cheeseburgers at Ted's? This is a deciding factor.

Where is this? Right now the route I have has us going north up to west point and going across the Bear Mountain Bridge.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

So in addition to Wrar, myself, and fish, who would be rolling out from Wes's thursday morning with us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Are you planning on hitching a ride with us or fish or rolling solo?
If you're not terribly tall the volvo is cushy as gently caress.

• Locked thread