Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
So I want to run a game for my friends based off of Kung Fury/80s Action movies and I'm wondering if this would be a good system to use?

How easy is it to pick up for people who are unfamiliar with pen and paper in general? Is it easy for newbies to make decent characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Generic Octopus posted:

Should work fine for that, yea.

Tactical Combat might take some getting used to (mostly becoming familiar with the action economy and terminology), but you can't really make a bad character.

How easy is combat to learn? Do people fall victim to analysis paralysis like in 4e?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Coolio, thanks for the answers guys!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Does this game have a DM's screen or like a page with quick references that I can use in-game?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

ZearothK posted:

I am going to be the voice of dissent here and say that you can totally improvise encounters mid-session for systems with a tactical battle layer. On virtual tabletop I just take ten and tell the players to draw the battle map based on my description while I draft the opposition, before the plague era we did likewise with the battle map, except the players used my random assortment of Lego blocs.

I agree with this. Depending on the virtual tabletop you're using (if any), you can always have encounter agnostic monsters created and then just throw some of them on the map following the encounter prep instructions.