Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

ImpactVector posted:

I made them using a little program I wrote a while back to make spell cards for D&D 5e so they're not perfect.

Totally unrelated to Strike or 5e, but I've been looking for something like this to make Exalted 3e charm cards, so thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Sounds like you've got a bunch of errata and rules changes coming down the line. Are they going to be coming soon? I want to get a hardcopy of the book but if the playtesting is going well I can wait a few weeks for the pdf to get updated. Should I wait, or are these changes going to be a while in coming?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jimbozig posted:

^^^ It is intentional, but I might change it for Chord of Healing.

I'm been hemming and hawing about when to actually make the changes.

On the one hand, making them right now is good - folks like you don't have to wait any longer for them.

On the other hand, if I wait and something else comes up, I'll be able to do it all at once instead of having to do it twice. But how likely is it that something important will come up? I don't know.

I'm leaning towards getting it done now.

Oh cool, post in here when you do the update, please. I'll hold off for now.

quote:

But that means I need to work out Sprinter's fate.

Anyone who has played with the Sprinter Feat or played in a game with someone else using it, please vote (about the saving movement for later in the round part of the feat):

A) It's fine. Leave it.
B) It keeps interrupting things - limit it to 1/round.
C) Players are moving too far off-turn - make it trade in unused points at 2-for-1.

If you think B and C should both apply, just say that.

If A wins out, you could always put options B and C in an errata or FAQ document as optional rules for people who think it's overpowered as is.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jimbozig posted:

I hope to make this the only revision needed for the physical version. I wouldn't revise the physical version for just one or two little tweaks, but there is enough stuff that could do with a change in that Errata doc that it's definitely worth it at this point. Like, I can't guarantee it, but I don't see any reason to think that I'll find anywhere near this many things to change after this round. That's why I really want to find as much stuff to fix as I can RIGHT NOW - I don't want to have to revise it again!

You say this now, but I look forward to repurchasing everything as Strike! Version 3.5 in six months :colbert:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jimbozig posted:

To avoid this confusion, maybe a simpler way of writing it would be best, and I could errata it if I do it now. How does this sound? "On the target's next turn, they must spend a Move Action to move as far away from you as possible with that one action, or else take 3 damage."

eth0.n posted:

"On target's next turn, unless they spend a Move Action to gain movement of at least their Speed, and do their best to use that movement to travel as far from you as possible, they take 3 damage."

Which is getting kind of wordy, but I think it expresses your intent.

Perhaps something like:

"On the target's next turn, they must spend a Move Action to make their best effort to move as far away from you as possible with that one action, or else take 3 damage."

You keep the fear effect, and it adds the option for terrified people to do hazardous things to get away from you - think trying to jump chasms or hop into a moving minecart even if it is not as many squares away from you.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I guess I really don't understand why that rule is causing so many problems. Maybe adding in the no-shifting example, but to me shifting one square is not making your best effort to get away from the fear source. That seems like something for a FAQ if you have/are planning to have noe?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jimbozig posted:

Alright, I've made the changes to the PDFs and am about to export and upload them to Drivethru. The FAQ/Errata doc has been updated and I'll make it into a PDF to upload to Drivethru as well. Thank you for all the feedback, folks!

Awesome, this should be just in time to have a paper copy for the game I'm planning in a few weeks!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jimbozig posted:

Alright, I've made the changes to the PDFs and am about to export and upload them to Drivethru. The FAQ/Errata doc has been updated and I'll make it into a PDF to upload to Drivethru as well. Thank you for all the feedback, folks!

Hyphz, the stuff in pink text is the stuff that has changed since you said you updated your character builder with the Errata changes, so you can look at that for any further updates. (Hopefully I didn't forget to change the text color on anything.)

Doublepostin', but I should be able to buy a POD copy, right? Driveethru isn't giving me the option.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jimbozig posted:

This is because when you update files, they need to get approved by the printer before they will put it up for sale again. That should be done tomorrow, I hope. As soon as the printer okays it, I'll send an email to their support team and they'll get it back up right away.

Maybe there is some clever way to avoid this two-day gap in print version availability without having people end up with un-updated versions, but I don't know it. I wouldn't want to leave the un-updated versions for sale while waiting for the printer to approve new versions.

Approving the files with the printer is a good reason to not have it for sale. I'll just keep an eye on the page.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
You might want to check the mobile template for strikerpg.com - there's a really nice looking car where your logo should be.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Gort posted:

What should a level 1 bombardier/blaster do in a fight against a solo? Kinda feels like they don't have a way to deal with only one target.

In my game, the bombardier/defender ended up using the bomberman power to do all sorts of poo poo to the solo, but I think I was running it way way wrong.

So, now I'm confused. Let's say the bombardier is fighting a group of guys in a 3x3 area. If he targets the center guy with the attack, he only damages the center guy but can create a zone including that guy, right? He doesn't hit everything in that 3x3 for 2 damage? And if he uses the Bomberman power and drops both grenades right next to one big guy, the monster only takes the 2 damage and both zones, not 2 damage for each grenade, right?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Good luck to you and your kid.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Anyone doing custom tokens should also look up TokenTool if they haven't already. It's basically a punchout tool for computer images that also takes a border. I made some pretty decent tokens for my PAYDAY 2-inspired heist/crime game using screenshots of payday 2 enemies, and that really helped sell the game.

Quick tip, though: When you're making your border make it a little extra large. If you want 1" tokens from a 300DPI printer, make your border 310 or 320 pixels so you don't have to be absolutely perfect in your punchout. It's a pretty obvious thing in retrospect, but I managed to make mine 300px exactly and now I've got little white crescents on half my tokens :(

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ignite Memories posted:

I realize that the vast majority of this thread's recent posts have been by me, but my new strike game started a couple days ago and I can effort-writeup a summary of the setting/first session if people are interested in such a thing.

It is a homebrew setting loosely based on the show Chowder with a smack of post-fantasypocalypse snes charm

e: right then :smith:

I'm interested in more Strike stories, since I'm currently playing DND4 with the group I played Strike with.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Jimbozig posted:

My daughter is officially in remission as of a few months ago
Great to hear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

fool of sound posted:

I wrote up a little bestiary of common monsters for one of my prior strike games a while back for throwing together quick encounters or providing minions for major fights, but these days I mostly do more involved fights with a lot of unique mechanics.

Mind sharing your bestiary? I'm thinking of starting back up with a Strike game when I run out of weird DnD one-shot modules.