Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
:roboluv:
Just got my hardback copy, so excited.

I've also ordered some Doublesix Dice, because it's been my experience that putting your fate in the hands of one single cube that doesn't roll very well just isn't satisfying enough. There's a reason most games either go d20 or dice pool. I've seen them IRL, they look fine.

Then I went a little overboard and ordered a couple of 3D-printed 24-sided dice, because why stop at twelve, right? I'm much more skeptical of their fairness, whatever the product description may say, but I'm giving them a chance.

Also, coincidentally, I recently discovered that lab-grown rubies, unlike lab-grown diamonds, are pretty cheap. And all this time I've been using plastic or cardboard for my boardgame money. They have arrived, and Strike! is going to be the first game I use them with, as action points.

I'm pimping up my game, is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

Countblanc posted:

In an effort to keep games moving at a snappy pace, I made some Power cards for my irl game.

Since people are still learning it'll be nice to be able to just pass cards around the table to explain what powers do, and things like keeping a MA's Stance in front of them makes it easier to remember what sort of boons you have at any given time.
I would be grateful for the files. I considered doing it myself but couldn't find the time.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
Could you share the editable files, whatever you used to make those pics?

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

Countblanc posted:

I could not, as they don't exist. I made them when I was on my laptop over break and had no real tool available so I literally just painted over the cards in the appropriate places in paint.net and added text. I can probably make an editable sheet tomorrow though.
I'm not going to ask you do to it for my sake when I'm not even certain I'll end up using them. Thank you for sharing what you have.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

Countblanc posted:

Doublepost but w/e, Ferrinus sent me the finished art for The Psion this morning. Enjoy this sneak preview ;-)

Love it.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
I mean, it wouldn't be the first time in Strike! that a concept ends up being used to define both a class and a role.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

Jimbozig posted:

If you want to get all the mini-expansions as soon as they are released with no waiting, you should support me on patreon.
Done. I don't suppose it's retroactive?

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

Jimbozig posted:

You know what? I'd love to get more people pledging there. So, for a limited time only, any goons here who get on the Patreon now can have it work retroactively, getting the new adventure and the vehicles expansion for free!
Sweet! Thanks.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
In the video game, the vast majority of the tech tree (and of most things you can buy in-base) are just bigger damage, more HP, and occasional feat-like bonuses. The special abilities come mostly from soldiers leveling up. As boring as that sounds, it ends up satisfying in play because it makes the urgency of the tech race very clear. Why the change?

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
That's what I thought you meant, but I'm still curious as to why you'd do this instead of what the XCOM video game does.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Hey, uh, Prone allows you to use low cover as full cover. What do you do to intentionally drop prone? You can only inflict prone on targets.
Free action should do it. Strike!'s role actions aren't normally used for random small things. It's a minor action in D&D 4e but probably should've been free there too, unless there's some broken Infinite Pronemeister combo hidden somewhere.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
Rogue: Why does it use the wording "[this] movement does not grant Opportunities" instead of Shift?

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

Jimbozig posted:

The alternate language I considered was "If you are Marked, end that Status. Shift your speed."
I would have preferred this, I think. Game design-wise, routing around rules subsystems with English sentences is a dangerous path to tread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies

megane posted:

I'd be quite interested to hear about the playtester characters -- like what their builds & backstories were. An entire party of one class sounds kinda cool.
I played Dr Rad Nominativedeterminism, Blaster Rogue (Poisoner), the classic "scientist's experiment goes wrong and now he's a monster with superpowers" (not that it mattered). I don't have a ton of Strike! experience so I just picked stuff that seemed okay, no crazy optimisation.

I had a few ways to disengage or go Hidden/Invisible, which, combined with Sprinter, meant I could set up pretty much any flank I wanted at any time. Goddamn is Sprinter good. I didn't exploit it as much as is theoretically possible because it's bothersome to interrupt people's turns in online play, especially with English as a second language.

I also had the old version of Subtle Shot which was supposed to work well with the Hidden powers, but there was never any reason to use it. I'm glad it's gone.