Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

:agreed:. Now it's the January Game of the Month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Ran my first session of Strike on the weekend. We're doing a cyberpunk game (think Bubblegum Crisis/Ghost in the Shell/a bit of Psycho-Pass) and reskinning everything is pretty great. We got a Necromancer Technomancer who hacks people's wearables and I made a Leader enemy "revive" a cyborg defender minion by putting him on autopilot. :black101:

One thing that is screwing with me is that I'm coming to Strike from Fate, so I'm used to assigning aspects to things. A fair trade for a crunchier combat system though, IMO. Strike is working great so far!

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Take all the time you need, Jimbozig. Best wishes and I hope it all works out.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Tias posted:

Thinking of wishing this game for my birthday. I'd like a game that I can customize for my (sci-fi colonybuilder) setting, but that will give interesting fights and challenges, would that work?

I run a cyberpunk game in Strike! and it works pretty well. We reskinned the classes to be setting-appropriate, so the Necromancer is a hacker (Technomancer) who compromises wearable tech and cybernetics, the Buddies are a Bubblegum Crisis character, the Archer is a student, etc. So far I've been writing monsters by reskinning existing ones and it works pretty well. I add/change abilities to suit my fluff/add stuff I think is cool, and so far I haven't had any major problems.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Sir Kodiak posted:

Is there a monster-builder site, or did you make this yourself?

I wish. I built it in Wikidot and screencapped it to paste onto the battle map:

pre:
[[table style="margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; width: 420px; border-collapse: collapse"]][[row]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 55%;"]]**Vince**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 20%;"]]**❤️ 20**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 10%;"]]**1x1**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 10%;"]]**🏃8**[[/cell]]
[[/row]][[/table]]
[[table style="margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; width: 420px; border-collapse: collapse"]]
[[row]][[cell style="padding: 5px; background-color: #F9EFD0"; width: 100%]]
**Elite:** While he is not Bloodied, Vince automatically succeeds on all Saving Throws. While Bloodied, he takes two consecutive turns on his initiative count.
[[/cell]][[/row]]
[[row]][[cell style="padding: 5px; background-color: #F7E7B9"; width: 100%]]
**Inspiring(ish):** Each ally regains 1 HP when they start their turns.
[[/cell]][[/row]]
[[row]][[cell style="padding: 5px; background-color: #F9EFD0"; width: 100%]]
**Heads Up!:** Allies have Advantage on their Saving Throws.[[/cell]][[/row]]
[[row]][[cell style="padding: 5px; background-color: #F7E7B9"; width: 100%]]
**Licker:** Vince's hyper-sensitive cyber-tongue lets him maintain battlefield awareness by licking the air. Attackers do not gain Advantage by flanking him.
[[/cell]][[/row]][[/table]]
[[table style="margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; width: 420px; border-collapse: collapse"]][[row]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 60%;"]]**⚔ "Covering" Fire**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 16%;"]]**At-will**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 14%;"]]**👊/🎯 5**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 10%;"]]**💥 3**[[/cell]]
[[/row]][[/table]]
[[cell style="padding: 5px; background-color: #F7E7B9"; width: 100%]]
**Effect:** Mouth regains 2 HP (or a damaged Goon recovers).[[/cell]][[/row]][[/table]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 60%;"]]**⚔ Reposition**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 16%;"]]**At-will**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 14%;"]]**🎯 10**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 10%;"]]**💥 3**[[/cell]]
[[/row]][[/table]]
**Effect:** Slide the target 3 squares. Target is Slowed until the end of its next turn.[[/cell]][[/row]][[/table]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 60%;"]]**◯ Walk It Off!**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 20%;"]]**Encounter**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 20%;"]]**Free Action**[[/cell]]
[[/row]][[/table]]
One ally that was Taken Out rejoins the fight with 1 HP.[[/cell]][[/row]][[/table]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 60%;"]]**⚡ Plans B through Z**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 20%;"]]**At-will**[[/cell]]
[[cell style="padding: 2px; background-color: #F0D480; width: 20%;"]]**Reaction**[[/cell]]
[[/row]][[/table]]
[[table style="margin-bottom: 10px; margin-top: 0px; width: 420px; border-collapse: collapse"]][[row]]
When an enemy misses Vince, four allies may shift.[[/cell]][[/row]][[/table]]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
The Dropbox links on strikerpg.com no longer work! :argh: