Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Guide for character creation and leveling chart - I made this for my irl play groups and they found it helpful, so I'm sharing it here.

Can I link this if I start another PBP recruit?

Great OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

As far as I can tell, Strike_Digital.pdf is the one with bookmarks. :shobon:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Since the Strike PDF brings it up, has anyone tried to implement the Shadow of Yesterday's Keys (or any similar XP systems) into their games?

I'm liking the idea of Keys and I want to try them for a future game with this iteration as a base. I'm also thinking about dropping Complications to gain Action Points from Keys instead, but I'm not sure how much of a good idea it is to tie XP and AP into the same source.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

In fairness, I also used the "you can't win until the enemy takes 3 strikes" condition from the book, not realizing it encouraged a lot of attrition play. :B

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I remember that Strike had optional rules for gridless tactical combat but they don't exist in the final version. Did they not work well at all?

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Trouble in Hogtown, the urban fantasy adventure, is considered a mini-expansion it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Funny enough, I wanted to ask about what kind of house rules folks here are using (since I'm trying to get back into Strike), so this write-up is really neat, thank you.