Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Gharbad the Weak posted:

One thing I'd definitely like are items that expand options, rather than make options more powerful.

Like, if I special craft a gun for an archer, I want it to give me, like, a new "Double Barrel" attack that let's me hit/push everyone in a 3x3 square adjacent to me, or "rocksalt" that's a single target prone, not "I got a gun, +1 damage" or "I have a scope, +2 range."

Why settle for one or the other? You could have recipes as described above for individual weapons or armour, and small ways to modify those recipes. You crafted a gun, so you have a Double Barrel attack: the gun was modified with a scope, so it gets more range, but less damage, or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Would this make monster design annoying for GMs, having to worry that the next 4-6 powers spread among the party might cover too many weaknesses (not in an adversarial way, just "now the party has 2-3 sources of at-will Slow instead of just 1 so my monsters are less mobile"), or would it not really shake out that differently?

Personally, I would rather have 'stronger' PCs who have more options, and just design encounters around that. I'd rather have my PCs be more versatile, especially if it means their players are having more fun.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
Quentin Tarantino: all rolls in combat are treated as 1s or 6s.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
I run occasional text-only games of Strike! via Roll20, mostly 1-on-1 or 2-on-1, but even 3 or 4 players hasn't given me any trouble. As long as everyone is more-or-less on the same page, the lack of microphones shouldn't make much of a difference.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
There are more flanking-capable squares if you're 2x2, at least.

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013
Has anyone thought about alternate uses for Miss Tokens? My players and I seem to forget about them a lot, or else fights get over before we get to use the mechanic at all. Would a role which gave or used Miss Tokens creatively work at all, do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

Jade Mage posted:

I just have Defender based trauma.

Hey! I was this Defender, actually. Let me say, it's definitely something to do with the party configuration. Defender is great, but it's unstoppable if you have one or two other PCs consistently doing their best to give you openings and facilitate your powers. You might throw a variety of opponents at us in a given situation, but between a Bard who can give the party spare actions, and a Rogue disabling any given Trait specifically designed to take me out of commission, we got ahead of encounters relatively often. Effective and frequent use of the Assess action helps a lot. Overall, the amount of information that Strike allows the players to collect makes it difficult to pull a fast one on an effective team.