Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

I don't know. Being able to have easy access to disadvantage on all non-aoe attacks against you half of the time seems like it's worth a drawback, maybe just something like starting with 8 HP? Or maybe a variable drawback based on class features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Maybe make it so marking has no effect while hidden, or alternately make it so you could do some extra damage (on top of the Defender extra) for Opportunities, at the cost of revealing you. Sure, this means you could make a killer counterattacker, but it would be at the cost of taking actual actions on your turn. (In fact, that could be the intent of one of the class features: reactive surprise attacks.)

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

My friend is running a game of Strike and I'd love to playtest the rogue, if you feel like sending it along.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

That might work mechanically, but thematically it's really stupid, in my opinion. Is the archer out of control, so he shoots his friends if they move? Hell, as a melee archer that means they could end up doing 3 damage to themselves for not moving out of their own Area Denial.

Maybe a better balancing factor would be they shoot the first target that moves? It does seem more powerful than other at-wills. Pin Down only affects the target you hit. It definitely seems like you should either make it the first target that does things in the area (maybe call it Flush Out, in this case, since you're only forcing one thing to move or get shot), or alternately lower the damage.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

behold the mighty tochka