Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

With AT and split board setups snow shoes are basically worthless. They are a lot cheaper but that is the only advantage. They are slower, harder to break trail with, make you walk awkwardly.

With skis or a split board you just throw skins on and climb away. Add crampons if you need them.

Some people like snowshoeing though. So there is that. Personally I like to be able to get to my destination faster and ski out which is much faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

BlueBlazer posted:

If it's flat ski, if it's got hills you are snow shoeing your rear end up the hill.

I don't really know what this means but you use climbing skins to ski uphill.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

meselfs posted:

Won't work on anything steep. For example, any hill in the pacific NW.

Ok I'll just come out and say it. I think snowshoes are awesome.

Yeah... You just like going slow in snowshoes. It is OK.

You can basically climb anything with skis and skins. Heel risers make it even easier but you should use the terrain to your advantage and make the climbing easier.

I kind of like all of you who love snowshoes. I haven't used my snowshoes in 5 years. Keep up the defense!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread