Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Did amplitude turn out to be good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Policenaut posted:

It's currently $80 for a new game in Canada.

Isn't that like 57ish real money.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Reverse Centaur posted:

Unfortunately we are not paid in "real money" though so it's a real $25 increase for us.

Just a few years ago I was buying nearly everything in the US because our dollar was worth more and you have cheaper prices/taxes on top of that. Now Americans are coming here to shop.

That sucks, Canadians deserve better.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'd be happy for P3 FES on PS4, but I dunno if I can go back to not controlling my party members fully.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

mikeycp posted:

I really don't think party control is that big of a deal. I never felt it necessary to turn it on in any of my P4 runs either. There's just a bit of a learning curve to the AI commands is all.

It's not usually bad or anything I just like controlling my party.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Danganronpa/2 is on sale. Are they worth getting for my pstv if I like visual novels and persona type murder mysteries?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I kinda want to play Persona 2: Innocent Sin on my PSTV and it's on sale on PSN. Is the combat 90's enough that I probably won't enjoy it? I asked if the game was worth playing in the RPG thread but I wasn't sure if it was worth it for the story or if the gameplay was super 90's.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

At face value it does sound like a good thing. The developers saw how good the first game was and decided to put even more development time on the dlc stuff to make it just as good if not better. Bethesda's saying the next Big Fallout dlc is going to be the biggest dlc map they've ever given so I bet it's the size of like 2 bloodmoons

On the other hand I can't ever find myself wanting a bloodmoon sized expac if everything will still be based off of CHA and I can't actually role play even a little bit because all the options are saying the same things.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Enjoy being on a watchlist and eventually having to tell your neighbors about the game you bought so that they can decide if they should sell their house

Let meowbot have his fun :smith:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

univbee posted:

Yes, but only the US account could claim monthly freebies.

BTW Japanese PSN has a 15% off code this weekend. H5G85G7JHQ

Expires the 31st at 11 P.M. Japan time.

Would this work on dark souls 3?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

univbee posted:

You will only get Japanese text, but yes it should. Maybe try creating a cart before buying point cards just in case.

Yeah I knew its the Japanese version, but there weeks is a long time and I have a bunch of expendable income right now.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Yoya posted:

by the letter of the law it isn't, which is why so many people on neogaf, etc will defend it to death. like those reddit posts after every police brutality case saying that they respect and appreciate the cops

:yikes:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

dragon ball xenoverse and dqh and edf

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Thinking of buying some games on sale:

Digimon (sounds like I should just get the Vita version and play on my PSTV)
Gravity Rush Remastered
Yakuza 5
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge
Persona 4: DAN
Dungeon Travelers 2 (heard it was a good if fanservicey game)

Any of these I should buy over the others?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

How's Mad Max? I like the Mad Max movies but am not a devoted fan or anything.

It's a pretty good game if you don't try and accomplish every single side quest or objective.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I knew not buying Journey would eventually pay off.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

univbee posted:

Well I'm all set for Thursday.

I curious how Miku's gonna work on VR.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Nomadic Scholar posted:

As much as I love fallout, I guess I will wait for the inevitable discount special goty that has all dlc + the game for pennies. Definitely gonna grab Witcher though. That's loving stupid from a business standpoint. God Bethesda is being bad with this.

It's stupid from a business standpoint unless you're Bethsoft. Also don't buy Fallout 4.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Guw posted:

Free Titanfall 2 weekend starting today right?

Yeah, please play it cause it's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Bloodborne DLC is amazing and has the best fights in the Souls series IMO.

• Locked thread