Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BadAstronaut posted:

PS now is close, but not quite there, to being worth the cost. They need to sign a few more publishers, add in PSOne and PS2 classics and I might just jump on board.

Id use my free trial for demons souls. Probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How is the Godzilla game for PS4? A local shop has it at discount on 20 bucks and I'm sorely tempted to buy it.

its not good.

graphics are bad, playcontrol is slow and awkward, level design and variety is terrible BUT they have all the creatures you care about if you are a real godzilla fan and its fun for probably 8-10 hours before you realize how much grinding you'd have to do to advance through the upgrade trees.

if you actually do put like 20 hours into doing the same poo poo over and over again you will unlock enough abilities to make godzilla actually fun to use and more in line with standard brawler mechanics but for some reason the devs decided to lock all the decent moves behind collecting huge amounts of randomly dropped mats.

if you like godzilla it is worth 10-20 bucks if you don't like godzilla don't get it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How it stands to the PS2 games?

a step back

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well crap. Better save my money for something else then. Thanks!

do you have edf 4.1 yet? they put godzilla, dragons, and gundams in it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i remember arc the lad battles taking forever to sit through all the animations. was a good game though. legend of heroes reminds me of it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nickoten posted:

How is ESF 4.1 compared to 2017 on the 360? Is still as satisfying to blow a giant spider away with a shotgun?

there are 4 character classes to choose and the frame rate never becomes a slide show so its a much better experience but you never get the michael bay slow motion explosions that the older games would create when the console got overwhelmed

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wild Arms 3 is going to come out on ps4 soon but i'm tempted to check out the original for 2 dollars now unless your guys think it didn't age well or something. i have a real problem with buying and not playing more than a few hours of ps1 rpgs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xenogears is playable on vita, psp, and ps3 and actually i find its graphics to be pretty charming vs. other games from the time.

I'll probably skip WA then and just get WA3 in a couple weeks/months when it launches for emulation

One last question: SotN only shows up in the ps3 section and not in the vita section of the sale - is it one of those rare "must have a ps3 to play it on vita" games or is it just another psn oversight? thanks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Skychrono posted:

Oh, and Breath of Fire 3.

this sale has BoF IV not III as far as i can tell

Harlock posted:

I continually cross my fingers for PS4 to support PS1 games. It should be a no brainer.

me too but the way they did ps2 games makes me think there's no way they would just flip that switch for us. they obviously want 1. money and 2. all their games to utilize the ps4's features like shareplay.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gonna reask since i had the last post on the prev. page,
symphony of the night only shows up on the ps3 page in the sale and not the vita page (breath of fire and few others are doing this as well) - can i download it straight to my vita or do I need to do the ps3 middleman thing with it?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Gigante posted:

Which you should buy anyway because it's awesome and it's only $1.20

yeah i'm on it. I had III in high school but i couldn't figure out where to go early in the game. internet to the rescue now if that happens in the sequel

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

I downloaded it straight to my Vita TV.

thankya

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

This is going to sound like a hot take but over the past few years I've come to realize that this is almost every single ps1 and earlier era RPG, and a lot of ps2 era RPGs actually too

you are playing the role of someone and that someone has a very tedious life :dealwithit:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harlock posted:

Jumping Flash is underrated too. Shame it isn't Jumping Flash 2.

its the best game about seeing the world from a rabbits crotch perspective ever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dwarf74 posted:

Shooter. Cool. It's like 6 bucks.

its been lower than that over the last year i think

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BlindNinja posted:

Thanks!

Does it matter which I play first?

first light is the prequel chapter and theres room for debate whether prequels should or shouldnt be seen before the original story i guess.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

How long does the essentials sale run?

1/19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i fell in the xenogears hole tonight. just as good as i remember but gently caress that text speed ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i bought and played a lot of ps1 rpgs today but BoFIV might be the best in terms of its pacing and cool poo poo right from the beginning and its art style holding up well today.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

will p5 have unique dungeon designs? greatest rpg of all time shoe in if it does.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wa27 posted:

Well, it adds on to the end of your subscription.

But yeah, I'm not bothering to punch in a 12 digit code for a one day extension. Here, someone take mine:
5G2R-L3NJ-G8DM

You just typed it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spalec posted:

Mirrors edge got delayed until May :(.

And dark souls is april

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Renoistic posted:

How is Valiant Hearts? Does it have any gameplay or do you just walk right and press buttons? It looks interesting, at least.

Its an adventure game with puzzles to solve for progress and light action segments here and there. The story is pretty good but i only played half of it because other games are better

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 15, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

And I got my fuckin' hopes up that's like AN ENTIRE MONTH LATER GOD DAMNIT

the 12th isn't that bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i never go in for collectors stuff. i'd look at it once maybe and then never again. not my thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dark cloud 2 is out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The ps2 Game disc costs 50 according to google so if 11 is too much idk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

Is this a good game?

it was on wii and people liked it. its on my buy if less than 5 dollars list.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dark cloud 2 has the same minor graphical glitch during cutscenes that 1 had. kinda annoying but nbd

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I don't know about 2, but the first game, whenever it would hide your HUD there would be a tiny line of garbage about where the HUD ends normally. It appears whenever there's dialog or when cutscenes play. It's not really too bad but it's noticeable if you've played the original.

yeah its the same thing. its much much less frequent than in 1 but i've seen it about 5 times in 3 hours

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MisterAlex posted:

And yes, you're right. Selling game licenses through the PSN Store involves almost no overhead, so using a high price on a second-hand disc as justification for digital pricing is a flawed argument. The only thing that really matters is at what price point they'll make the best profit (i.e. what consumers are willing to pay). If folks don't buy a product, the price will (theoretically) go down until it is accepted by consumers.

the only thing that matters is how much it costs to obtain and play dark cloud 2 and your choices atm are 50 or 11 dollars, nerd

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nm solved my own issue

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dwarf74 posted:

Holy poo poo, three things on my wishlist - Flower, Hohokum, and Guacamelee - are super cheap now. How's Rogue Legacy?

it really nails rogue-lite progression in a great way but the actual runs you go on aren't the best examples of platforming, 2d action, or whatever other genres it takes from. its an addictive game though so a lot of people can look past it being fairly clunky feeling to play

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

i liked the idea of rogue legacy more than actually playing it. after like an hour youve seen all their prefab rooms

That was my first experience. Its also easy to gently caress yourself by buying things that dont help you that much so my first run was a disaster. A couple months later i went back because of the praise the game got and played up to the 4th boss. I like the game now but i had my fill. Lotta people are on ng+ 7 or whatever though. It hooks some people.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

which is the better dissidia game? 012 or the ff one?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SpacePig posted:

DQ Heroes ended up being pretty fun, right? I think I may as well grab it while it's on sale if I'm buying a PS4 in the near future.

its really good as either a first warriors game or a change of pace game for a warriors fan. it has very good combat, characters, and its own unique take on mission design that set it apart from other similar games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

disgaea5 is a turn based rpg on ps4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my fat adopted son was really eager to see his story told through the magic of dreamworks' hit character

dwarf74 posted:

I know PS4 Thief is bad. But is it not-even-for-$7.50 bad?

Thief 2 is 51 cents cheaper on steam and probably 51 times better at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Look is not often inverted by default in games unless you are on 360 and set it as a system option. As long as it has a toggle im happy. Too many indie 1st person games shipped without it recently

• Locked thread