Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

psn.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Motto posted:

chie is a meme

further proof that all memes are terrible

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

FFV on the PSX had unforgivably slow loading times right?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

bummer, I don't really care about translation problems because FFV is all about gameplay, but I can't handle bad loading times.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

As a Seattleite I found Second Son cathartic because I could brutally murder protesters and musicians

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Mega Man Legends 2 (PSOne Classic) $2.49

:eyepop: aww hell yeah

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I don't mind the price hike because I think of PS+ as a Rocket League annual fee more than anything else

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

that math is really bothering me

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I have to stand my ps4 upright because when it's lying down the system will randomly enter rest mode. I'm guessing that's also a problem with the buttons?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Edit: Oh, and some drop rates are real gently caress yous. I never got like half the pures, even in NG++++ runs. :argh:

Lol look at this loving noob who didn't grind red-eye skeletons in pure black world tendency for hours until a Pure Bladestone dropped

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

palecur posted:

The only Metal Gear I played was the one on the Gamecube, and it did the one really unforgivable game design sin: a boss fight where the boss is invulnerable until you do the correct Special Gimmick Dance the developer wants you to do, which involves psychic powers to know ahead of time.

You don't need to know what to do ahead of time because the game flat out tells you the gimmick if you radio the colonel.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It asked me at the start if I wanted to do the tutorial and I said yes but I think I skipped it first time around. I literally only remember starting right at the start of Boletarian Castle when I played to game six years ago or so 🤔🤔 like I definitely never saw the nexus.

If you skip the tutorial you spawn in the Nexus

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

The Bloodborne DLC gives you a giant buzzsaw on a stick for a weapon. Buy it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

...! posted:

The one truly horrific thing about Xenogears is the awful platforming sequence near the end. The platforming is bad enough on its own but the truly frustrating thing is that you can hit a random battle in mid-jump, which causes you to fall all the way to the bottom once the battle is concluded. On an OG PSX this can be somewhat compensated for by listening to the CD drive; when you hear the CD spin up, you know it's loading a battle sequence so you have a few seconds to prepare. I have no idea how you would manage that with a downloaded version.

It's actually very easily manageable. It's not that you get random encounters mid-jump, it's that jumping is disabled the second before a random encounter triggers, which makes it easy to walk off cliffs accidentally. The solution is to stop moving before a jump, and make the jump a second or two later once it's clear you're not getting into a random encounter. It's not like Mario where have to run to build up speed to make any jumps, you can jump from a stationary position and still get to where you need to go.

Definitely not something anyone would think of on their first playthrough though

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

bengy81 posted:

What are the good couch CO-OP games? Trying to find something for my wife and I to play together, Overcooked looks like a must play, what else is there?

If you happen to also own a PS3, Double Dragon Neon

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Double Dragon Neon is a goddamn work of art

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Holy poo poo I did not actually think we'd get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcmWCwYqGpk

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

if you've never played a Miku game then this is your chance to redeem yourself, yes

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I finally got around to playing Rocket League and it ruined all my weekend plans plans for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

univbee posted:

Notes on Final Fantasy XV language options

It seems like all the Western versions of the game have all the European languages, and even Japanese text as an option. Asian territories seem to have a separate Chinese/Korean version.

I desperately want to be able to choose what langauge each character speaks in

• Locked thread