Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah that was me for an hour the other day trying to buy stuff from the holiday sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Mezzanon posted:

Is there a list of JRPG's on the PlayStation network?

I already have ff7, but other final fantasies, or tales games, or dragon quest games, or other good JRPG's would be great to look for.

Also I am open to suggestions.

FF12IZ, or DQ8, or tales of destiny would all be rad....

If on PS3 you should definitely grab Xenogears and Front Mission 3.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Pope Mobile posted:

gently caress. I want bf4 to go on sale, not hard line.

From what I gathered from the BF4 thread, Dice did a good job of taking the fun out of the game. I bought the whole deal with season pass when it was on sale and haven't really touched it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

mrEkli posted:

Does anyone want Mahjong?

It would be nice to get a proper Mahjong game that isn't restricted to a Yakuza game or buying of those PSOne Classics. I miss playing Funtown Mahjong on 360

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Resident Evil sale is kinda poop. Bought RE2 though because at $1.49, why not, and then I don't have to deal with discs (oh the burden)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Huh. I never played any AC games and never was that interested in the series, but at the price... 2 and Black Flag are the good ones, right?

Yup. 2+Brotherhood is great, never played Revelations, but heard it's pretty blah.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Unfortunately Capcom pulled the good Jojo fighting game off the store a long while ago :(

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

croutonZA posted:

I see Yakuza Dead Souls is on sale, is it any good? I adored 4 & 5 but I heard DS is very different and kinda meh.

It's an OK game, the controls are kinda bad but when you get the auto-aim that snaps to the head it's a lot more bearable. As long as you know what you're getting into, have at it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

croutonZA posted:

Is the game structured like the other games? Open area, lots of side activities to do, silly yet entertaining story etc?

It has most of the same stuff as the main games, there's an extra side activity involves going down a number of levels in the sewers to unlock stuff (I think it's each characters ultimate weapon, don't remember) and to fight Amon

There's the normal areas of the Kamurocho, and there are cordoned off areas where the zombos are.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Volfogg posted:

Everyone should buy Yakuza 5 (and 4 too). It's good. :yum:

3 too, even though it's a pain to find now and it has a really slow opening act.

Buy all the Yakuzas, even Dead Souls (it's okay for wanting to cash in on the zombie fad)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Apparently I already own I Am Alive...I sure don't remember buying it, unless Sony is recycling PS+ games now.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Paypal works then? I'm kind of tired of buying $20 cards for $12-$15 games.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The only jank in Sleeping Dogs I ever encountered involves reversing in vehicles, it gets really jaggy

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I'm liking Gungeon so far (as a long time Isaac player). It's definitely harder and even more RNG-y at whether or not you can get a decent weapon to take into later floors.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

In Training posted:

are there any PS2 on PS4 games on sale?

Last week most of them were 50% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
It's surprising no other games have used the nemesis system since.

• Locked thread