Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

NZAmoeba posted:

I decided to browse through the store and saw that Doom was NZ$35, 70% off, which seems a good deal. However there's also a Far Cry 4/Primal Bundle for NZ$70, 46% off. Crucially, neither Far Cry game on it's own is on sale.

What's the best option? I played Far Cry 1 many years ago on PC, but stopped when it got up to the "jump from nowhere instant kill monsters" part. And I played the original Doom, but not really done anything for modern FPS's. Heck the last FPS I played was TF2 on PC, before the hats came out. I don't think I've played a FPS on console since Timesplitters2 on the PS2! So maybe this is a bad decision in general?

Yeah NZ prices suck...

ooooh, or maybe Fallout4 for $35 at 70% off as well... I've never really played a Fallout game before except watching a flatmate play Fallout 3, and trying Fallout 1 for a little stint.

Doom sounds samey and stuff on paper but it's an amazing game, the atmosphere is awesome, it's the first game I played in a while that I've gotten totally sucked into. Obviously there's not unlimited amounts of takedowns so you do see alot of the same animations, but it's done incredibly well.

Fallout 4 is probably the better choice if you want something bigger and more open, but I would strongly recommend Doom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread