Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

The Vita offerings have reached new levels of barrel scraping, apart from Grim Fandango. The rest aren't much better.

History Legends of Patton is a remarkable new low for that service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The DLC is all glasses an stuff right? The only DLC that matters would be the characters which you can buy separately.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I make a Japanese PSN account can I still easily stream to twitch with the share button.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, but also you can just get whatever you wanna get on your JP account and then switch over to your other account and play it and steam that way.

Oh cool. There's a dragon quest builders demo coming out for JP next week and I wanna try it out and maybe record it for the hell of it. Thanks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

barren_sky posted:

I'd say it's slow in general. P4 would have been twice as good if it were half the length.

I like long meandering games if they're done well, it's a rare tone to shoot for. It's why im currently really liking Trails in the Sky (approx. 9 hours in and there hasn't been a major development outside of one part early on where you drop your dad off at the airport).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you're crazy enough to want to buy the entirety of Fire Emblem Fates it's like 100+ dollars.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harlock posted:

$14.99

lol

These PS2 games need to be $10 or under.

It's like a 50 hour JRPG. That seems like a completely reasonable price

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When does the Japanese PSN store update, usually?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope SMTV is on a console and goes back to the nocturne 3D look.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirios posted:

But if I just want to play it on PS3 is it fine? I really don't care about costume DLC.

I played it on PS3 and didn't have a problem. Sure it's got some framerate issues but outside of one particular enemy encounter it's totally playable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirios posted:

Thanks - I went ahead and got it. I liked Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 despite their flaws and I figured Lightning Returns will probably have the worst story and the best gameplay.

Nice! I like the whole XIII trilogy, although LR is a pretty dramatic departure in gameplay from XIII/XIII-2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ultimax is cool, and now that it's a Plus game there might be more than 4 people online at any given time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ultimax is better than the first one, even if I'm not a huge fan of the Shadow character alterations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Persona 4 Arena was my gateway drug into fighting games and now I own two sticks...beware the lure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Please don't make me buy another classic JRPG that I'll never finish...I'm still slowly working on Trails in the sky, then I have to play SC, and then cold steel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harlock posted:

After 20 years or whatever I just finished Suikoden this week. Feels good to finally finish these games.

I have a file about 15 hours in sitting on one of my vita mem cards, abandoned forever most likely. I've heard 2 is better, so maybe I should pick that up too...?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirios posted:

I'll go ahead and post this again

2 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 4.

Acceptable MGS tier list

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Xbox One has the wrong kind of RAM.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wasn't aware there were options not to gravity kick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That sequel is gonna be killer. There was like a 10 second gameplay clip and when you cut out gravity every little piece of fruit in the area started floating away with you. Awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

Did we make fun of this month's ps+ games yet? jfc

You should be jumping for joy to see a an ArcSys game available for less than 60 dollars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there any restriction on purchasing M-rated games digitally? Would it be entirely possible to buy Dark Souls III with my Japanese PSN account?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CERO-Z is a really badass rating name.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

killing innocent people consequence-free gets you an automatic CERO-Z

I like this rule

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm using Dragon Quest Heroes theme, if anyone is wondering.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played 7 for the first time like 2 years ago, it still looks great to me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Captain Yossarian posted:

I would argue the game is 100% playable right now, as is. BUT those QoL improvements do make FF7 better so I get what you're saying

He's talking about FF9

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MisterAlex posted:

Woah, what? I didn't think anyone was editing PS4 saves yet.

So... can they get me more HL on Disgaea? :v:

I was surprised by a random online level 1000 dude and gained like 400 levels in 5 minutes and wanted to know what happened and apparently you can just copy the save to a USB stick and edit it to your hearts content on PC. There's basically 0 protection against it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Goddamn

Really though SF5 is a dissapointment. The actual versus mode fighting stuff is fun when it works but right now the servers are dead (Expected I guess) and there is practically nothing to do offline

Well, specifically, and insanely, you can do the single player stuff while the servers are down but you won't unlock anything by doing it because all that information is stored server side. Anything you do offline you will have to redo online later when the servers are working.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Yes, though you apparently need to beat the story mode with every character to get enough currency to unlock one character.

Clearing all of story mode with every character is about 160,000 FM, 100,000 gets you one character for free, and you can get 100,000s more doing the extremely boring survival mode. I have the feeling nobody will actually pay for a single character in this first season.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's also incredibly boring

But yeah if you do Survival on easy with everyone and story mode with everyone you should easily be above 200k. Characters cost 100k each and will be coming out monthly so you have a good time frame to get them for free.

The problem is that earning fight money after you do all that is REALLY slow. Like 2000 random matches for another 100k slow (Battle Lounge doesn't count and is the majority of what I play). You need 500k to unlock every character and that's assuming you don't buy any alternate costumes or whatever else they are gonna be selling, so eventually you will have to resort to spending real money.

Maybe the new patches will add more methods to get it, I bet when they patch in challenges finishing those will get you fight money but the last challenge is always some obtuse bullshit that will take you an hour to get

One of the things they're adding in March is daily challenges (like Use 10 Fireballs in a Ranked Match) which will apparently give FM at a steady clip. Also I imagine by downloading a new character, you get their Story and Survival mode as an additional source of FM so it's a little boost at least.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh my God I was not expecting to be considering getting Bloodbourne this early ...drat it

It's been out for a year, that's not exactly early...?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will play Galak-Z.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pope Mobile posted:

Got super drunk and bought bloodborne and Madden 16.
Browsing this thread and the sales at 1am is a bad idea.

Congrats. Bloodborne is one of my favorite games ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Safe Driver posted:

Another PS2 for PS4 game is suppose to popup sometime today: Max Payne.

I just bought these on steam this past weekend. You're welcome, PS4 gamers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would play mahjong on a PS4. I tried learning it on a PC in a browser thing with other players but it's a hard website to navigate and a difficult game to learn.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

That can't be true because I would love an actual Contra clone but people just keep making bad Megaman or Metroid rip offs.

Me too. Contra is badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

John Romero posted:

lotta weirdos in this thread

people gettin mad about psplus

dude who said the constant sales on gta v, third highest selling game of all time, was "almost pathetic"

dude said that the division was getting a bad response when the beta got a good response

psplus is great because it gave me valient hearts

This username is wasted on this guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It looks like a flood of no man's sky write ups appeared today, and it looks like it's another bad indie survival crafting game. Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Got any links to some good ones?

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/thirty-minutes-with-no-mans-sky/1100-5407/

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/03/03/no-mans-sky-preview/

These are the ones I saw.

• Locked thread