Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That Nights of Azure game is $85

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's currently $80 for a new game in Canada.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yechezkel posted:

Japan store:

Demos of Odin Sphere Leifþrasir are now up over there:
PS4 demo
PS3 demo
Vita demo

This demo is incredible and if you liked Odin Sphere on PS2 you should get this downloaded right now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Harlock posted:

Is the import thread still alive? What's the slate of import friendly games look like for PS4 in 2016?

Looks like Gundam Breaker is the only thing I've been interested in aside from Puyo Tetris

Off the top of my head there's a new Sengoku Basara, Gundam Breaker 3, DOA Xtreme 3 and Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 are both getting English Asian releases, a bunch of 2D anime fighters, Assault Suit Leynos, and a new Kamen Rider Battride War are coming out in the next few months for PS4.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

barren_sky posted:

Oh, that's interesting. I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on Nobunaga's Ambition. I know both of these series' are pretty deep strategy games. Is one a bit simpler than the other? I'm a bit more educated on Japanese history, but if Romance of the 3 Kingdoms is more beginner-friendly I may wait for that one.

They're similar games but this RoTK is "officer based" instead of the "ruler based" games like Nobunaga's Ambition. They're usually pretty good about explaining what's happening on history at the time and you can piece together a lot of the rest. In officer games, you control a person, either like the ruler or a warrior or a diplomat or an unemployed guy and you make your way through the era. You can look up RoTKs 7, 8, and 10 to get a better picture of it. Here's the most recent trailer for 13

https://youtu.be/uYMoLRc2IUA

All the strategy stuff is still there but there's an even greater interpersonal angle to work with which I enjoy a lot more than the classic Romance or Nobunaga style. Coincidentally the most recent Nobunaga game is getting a new version to make it more like an officer game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yo Arc the Lad PS2 is the next PS4/PS2 Classic. Comes out Tuesday.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hahaha Five Star Wrestling is getting a PS4 re-release?!?!

https://youtu.be/-AIH28G2YRo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dehry posted:

Oddworld New and Tasty has the cross-buy glitch with the Vita version out now. It no longer has an expiration in my media list.

Really? I just checked on the PS App and its asking me to pay eight bucks for it. I guess I could check through the Vita itself though when I get home.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oooh I've been waiting for Dariusburst to be on sale for a little while now. Not sure which version to get but at least I'll have options.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

IIRC 012 has the entire base original game story in it plus the new 012 sequel content.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Phantasium posted:

The US is finally getting Breath of Fire III on PSN.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/01/27/breath-of-fire-3-psp-is-coming-to-psn-this-february

Caveat being it's the PSP version, but the only real differences were the sprite recolor for licensing issues, widescreen, and slightly longer load times that won't matter if it's digital.

$10 and works on PSP, Vita and Vita TV.

Holy poo poo! I've been waiting for years for a US release of the PSP version!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Does anyone know anything about this PS4 Touhou game? Because it just got an English release on the Hong Kong PSN and I'm wondering if it's worth dusting off my HK account for it.

http://gematsu.com/2016/02/touhou-project-shoot-em-up-genso-rondo-ps4-launches-english-hong-kong

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So I see the "occasional imports" text in this thread title and I've decided to call your bluff. Can anyone here tell me what the difference is between the 500 yen PSN edition and the 2000 PSN yen/retail editions of Simple Series G4U Mahjong for PS4? I tried going to the official website (http://www.d3p.co.jp/simplePS4_mahjong/) but Google Translate won't translate the pictures that actually detail the differences in editions and I'm between computers so looking up this information on a phone is a pain to say the least. My best guess is the base game is just mahjong and the full package includes all the tournament stuff.

I wanted to get a cheap mahjong game to screw around with on my PS4 until Yakuza Zero comes out next year, and I'd like to get it digitally so the difference in editions will decide whether I blow $16 on a 1000 card or $42 on a 3000.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Huh, well multiplayer mahjong seems like a good idea. Now to find a game at 1000 yen to fill the gap on that 3000 card!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I typically hate custom themes but the FF7R theme that came with FF7 HD is pretty nice. A new version of Aerith's Theme playing in the background with some shots of FF7R in different menus and FF7 sound effects for button presses.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah at most you're paying like five bucks more and some games don't even bother with updating for exchange rate.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Thread title says occasional imports, so if you really have to have a physical copy of the combo pack that bad then just go the whole nine yards and buy one from Asia or Europe. I just looked in my favourite import site Play-Asia.com and they're offering pre-orders of the EU version for $46.99 before S/H.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey Yech I got a question and I think I've seen you dig up similar things before. Can you check to see if Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours is cross buy? Because Sony's web store says it's PS4/Vita cross buy when I've never heard of it being so.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I will probably buy that PS4 Mahjong game off the Japanese PSN because there are no stand alone mahjong games in English on the PSN.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rival Schools is likely never to come overseas but after BOF3 PSP getting a US release after 10 years it isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. Rival Schools was a huge undertaking to get it out in Japan alone and I don't know if Capcom would go to that extent here.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I absolutely adore the Vita version's translation and refuse to buy the PS4 version because of the new, cleaned up one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Vita has a No Heroes Allowed match-3 game. It's F2P with micro transactions but thankfully there's one for about $10 (presumably what it would have normally cost as a normal PSN game) that removes the energy mechanic and gives you all the other DLC stuff they offer.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Europe got Bully and Manhunt for PS4 and XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus for Vita out of nowhere.

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/xcom-enemy-unknown-plus-ps-vita-bully-manhunt-ps4-now-available-uk

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

croutonZA posted:

Edit: Is there a list of highly recommended JPN only PS3/PS4 games out there?

Too many for PS3, too few for PS4. Can you actually read Japanese? If not, what's your tolerance for reading translation guides and/or Google Translated Japanese language strategy wikis to get started? Very few Japanese exclusive games have English language support so if the answer is zero then there's almost nothing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Alternatively it's Puyo Puyo Tetris but I've been considering Leynos. That $70 CAD price point for the physical version makes me balk pretty hard.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

univbee posted:

Well inspect my butt for flying monkeys!

Note 2FA isn't actually implemented yet, but it looks like it's coming very soon.

Cool! I'd feel a lot better about giving Sony, you know, like any kind of payment info if they had that going.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Tropico 5 is a very fun game that I don't regret buying, and hey maybe the insanely priced DLC might get discounted because holy gently caress it's like twenty bucks a pop!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I loved Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the concept of a cross-country iteration of that idea sounded really fun, but then I tried the demo and every car offered felt like I was driving a shopping cart and I couldn't stomach it anymore. It actually pisses me off quite a bit because I see the game on sale a bunch and think "Maybe now I should get it!" only to remember how hard the demo turned me off.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

According to the PlayStation Blogcast, Wild ARMs 3 drops May 17th.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So has anyone else noticed the Grand Kingdom pre-order discount apparently lasts five years?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I got the PS3 version of Thi4f for free on PS+, played it for like an hour tops.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, I'd really like Evil Within. I'm always tempted by it being twenty bucks but never enough to bite the bullet on it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

SIREN: Blood Curse, to my knowledge, actually went through with the Episodic release strategy in Japan but the West saw that and said "hahaha no" then put out all 12 at once.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Nobody liked Chloe. Pretty sure that was the point.

Anyway, Forbidden Siren trophies are up so that's the next PS2 classic.

Yesssssss SIREN is one of my favorite PS2 games and I would be so down to play it again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A pretty good sale if you're a Vita owner and uhhhhh kinda alright for everyone else.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There's pretty much no reason to actually buy Resurrection if you want God Eater stuff because Rage Burst comes with a free download code for it if you pre-order.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the drop is out for this week

Adrift
Gradius II
Assault Suit Leynos aka Target Earth
Daydreamer
Dex
Ghostbusters
Kerbal Space Program
Last wings (xbuy on vita)
MilitAnt
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS-Force (vita only)
Panda Run
Resident Evil 5
Song of the deep
Super mutant Alien Assault
Type:Rider
Videoball.

gonna get me that leynos

Hell yes Gundam VS is finally coming. I've been waiting since I cancelled my physical pre-order way back in like January.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Vita also had to wait like... a year I wanna say to get its PS1 emulation and it's still not 100% supported. drat whitelist.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh hey I wonder what's on PLAY 2016 this time around...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That is a fantastic price for Dariusburst.

• Locked thread