Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Whatever that is doesn't work

I blame radium, but now it does!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

That Nights of Azure game is $85

There's a Lesbian Premium tax on that one. Don't panic until more follow similar pricing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

In DA2 enemies literally just fell out of the sky during fights

The way someone described it once at the time was "reinforcements just keep foot ninja'ing into every single battle" and I chuckled at it, but it seriously got tiresome not only because the battle system was so boring but because that lazy rear end foot ninja poo poo was not only true but such a constant throughout the game that the joke wasn't even funny anymore after the first five times.

Looking back it's hard to look at DA2 and present in a way that is so bad it's great, because it really is bad, and some of it is incredibly groan-inducing (zombie Mom) to the point you aren't sure if it isn't all a straight up parody (no, it's not, meet David Gayder and that lady who wrote Merryl). But it's also boring in a way that eats at you and being thrown into the same four dungeons for like thirty hours is just pathetic.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

croutonZA posted:

I'm still not entirely sure they weren't to be honest.

You must not have watched it, then, because everyone was having a good time and being competitive as gently caress about it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Reverse Centaur posted:

I immediately bought Beyond Two Souls afterwards to hopefully experience more of the same

Oh dear.

While not entirely the same thing you probably should have gone with Transistor. Or for a similar style of game but just humorous, Tales from the Borderlands.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Also, you'll get to play next year's GOTY Persona 5.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Cloks posted:

Final Fantasy IV for the PSP is half off. This is the one to buy if I want to fully experience FFIV, correct?

Sure, but do not play The After Years. In fact, do not even look at it. Looking at it gives it power, makes it real. Let's not do that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The story is great, the gameplay is indeed 90's SMT. At least it's not Persona 1.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I heard the latest Vita update broke the system, is it better yet?

Nope.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I was planning on playing Grim Fandango over the weekend

Unless you already downloaded it be ready to spend a couple of hours just trying to get authenticated to perform a download.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Wait what? I updated my PSTV last night and downloaded some games without issue. Are they slammed right now for some reason?

For some people the firmware update broke access to PSN entirely/just the store, also leaving some ghost process in the background that murders your battery during sleep mode. Not everyone is affected, though I have no idea why it hits a lot of people but not everyone. It affects all models of the Vita and the TV thing.

Rebuilding the database and/or restarting the system seems to fix it for some, but the problem also seems to come back eventually. You may have restarted your Vita TV and not even noticed the problem yourself or never suffered from it to begin with. Either way it is affecting enough people that the Sony support forums, reddit, neogaf, and twitter are full of similar reports.

Basically, if you are lucky you won't notice anything, if you aren't you won't be doing much downloading. To make matters worse, Sony's support line has recommended to people calling them to do a full system restore, which means people lose access to even the games they have installed currently. If you are affected by the firmware issue do NOT perform a system restore!

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 29, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I don't even know the other two. Broforce is pretty fun on Steam.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

What the-- this I did not expect, but I'll be there to finally buy the one good roguelike on the Vita (that isn't Crypt of Necrodancer).

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Not that anyone cares, but Shinobido 2 Vita got delisted from both NA and EU stores.

While I'm here, Puyo Puyo Tetris on PS4 supposedly has all DLC from the 360/PS3 version, but it's not clear if it's on-disc or if it's downloadable. Anyone knows which is which?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Awesome, thanks.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I actually rather like the Bloodborne one as well as the Tales of Zestiria's for different reasons since the moods are completely different. The Skullgirls one is also pretty good with its jazzy music.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nickoten posted:

So you can earn fight money in offline versus if the ps4 is online? Because that would be much more understandable.

Yes, though you apparently need to beat the story mode with every character to get enough currency to unlock one character.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

flesh dance posted:

Wow, thanks everyone! These are all good suggestions that I'm down with.

One more: Child of Eden from the creator of Rez. Best played with the Move controller, but the dualshock works too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

any word on new ps2>ps4 games? i feel like its been a whole month since the last set of releases

I imagine they weren't selling like the hot potatoes Sony thought they were.

Billy Elliot posted:

There are the metal gear ports

And ports of Final Fantasy X/X2, the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy, and the Sly Cooper Trilogy. They are all great.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'll never forget the time someone asked him something and then proceed to reply in gratitude with a three panel photography comic of drinking juice with a mask on and then raising a "Thanks Yechezkel" card. And then Yechezkel replied in kind with his own orange juice, mask, and "No problem" card. Glorious.

e: I actually saved the first image, now I'm kicking myself for not saving the reply

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 28, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

68k posted:

Has there been any word on whether PS4 will ever support FLAC audio files?

I don't think the PS4 even supports most of the media features the PS3 did. Adding new media features is sort of a pipe dream.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I couldn't get it to work myself, but there's a bunch of Euro people claiming they can buy Minecraft PS4 for 4€ instead of full price by using this link on the web store. It's the update package in case you owned Minecraft on PS3 or Vita, but as it turns out, it seems to activate just fine even if you don't own either of those. Again, couldn't get it to work myself but it may just be the PSN store being poo poo and not allowing me to buy anything in the first place.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

PSA: you can buy US PSN $50 cards for $43 officially from ebay. Additionally, it seems if you spend $100 you can use the code C20FLASH to take out a whooping $20 of the total. Some reports are saying the code doesn't work anymore, though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

NA deal for PS3 owners: digital code of the Sly Cooper Trilogy for a whooping $2.50. Store seems safe.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Gigantic sale on EU PSN, Easter sale lasting more than 15 days, ridiculous amount of stuff on sale for the three consoles. Standouts: Yakuza 5, Miku games, PS2 classics (Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy).

https://psprices.com/region-fr/index

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I think the exceptions are games that didn't have a digital version when they came out, and usually it's spelled in the store page (e.g. Yakuza 4). I think you will be fine, though it doesn't hurt to search the web for "game name digital save incompatible" or something like that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Is there a decent alternative to Play-Asia for imports? Because I just can't justify giving them money due to the DOAX3 debacle, but I still want to grab some Asia region PS4/Vita games.

For Hong Kong games? Aside Ebay, not really. Play Asia's the first retailer doing this sort of thing. The others like AmiAmi, etc are just for Japanese games.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I bought Peggle 2 for $1.50 on the last US flash sale. Colour me surprised when I went to install it today to see it takes a whooping 5 GB. Those sure are some large textures and big fat videos for a puzzle game whose predecessor takes like 80 MB on both PC and mobile.

Not as weird learning Dragon Quest Heroes has absolutely no co-op whatsoever, local or online. My friend who got into musou games by playing co-op Hyrule Warriors at my home brings in a brand new copy of DQH because I told him it would be the same thing but DQ-themed and, lo and behold, we spend way too long trying to find an option somewhere only for me to go "well, this is getting silly, let me check on the Internet real quick". Booo, what a wasted opportunity.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And DFC, and UNIEL, and AH3:MAX, and nobody listed Tekken Tag 2.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

housefly posted:

PSA: I just logged into remote play from a computer to test it out and it connected to me to my default PS4 on my PSN account...which apparently was in Russian and located in Russia. I've been hacked somehow. At any rate, they deactivated all on my PSN account and set their machine as the primary. Apparently that option through the web page can only be used once every 6 months. I have zero recourse to deactivate theirs EXCEPT that I can email Sony through a form on their site and hope and pray that they deactivate all the consoles. Other people might want to check and make sure this isn't happening to them. Luckily they hadn't purchased any games from my account.

This isn't actually the first I've heard of this happening to other people since the release of the remote play capability for PC. While not a 100% confirmation, I have a strong suspicion that there's some exploit related with the functionality that is already out there in the hands of PSN/Steam account sellers.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Is Short Peace on ps3 any good? I'm down for side scrolling action, but what exactly is it?

It's a weird experiment between six (IIRC) anime films and an endless runner. Not for everyone, but I liked it enough since I got it for like £4 and it didn't overstay its welcome.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Exist Archive, a tri-ace spiritual successor to Valkyrie Profile, is heading West via Aksys for PS4/Vita.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

If you have not watched the infamous video for Tetris Ultimate on PS4, you should, it's the most hilarious thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nNp3nqtbWQ

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Harlock posted:

King of Dinosaurs is extremely my poo poo

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I platinumed Dragon Quest Heroes today and it served as a reminder why I seldom do so: it tends to sore whatever game I had a good time with. Anyway, what I wanted to ask the thread: the PS4 doesn't do the Vita thing where if you delete the game it takes down the save data along, right? I need those 30 GB back.

vvvv danke

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 30, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm going through the game right now and I just got Bianca and that other girl, I don't know the length of this game or how big the post game is, how far am I? It looks like I only have one more playable charecter to unlock

The post game is big with four optional bosses, three of them requiring you to grind all the way to Lv 99 (or whereabouts) on your main team. There's two more characters for you to unlock, one is forced on you by the story, the other is an optional boss fight before the final story mission. You are halfway through the story, currently.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Couldn't sign in to PSN today, then I got a in-console warning that I needed to change my password via PC. Anyone seen that as well? Should I be worried?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

But seriously: was no one today forced to change their PSN password aside myself? I've no idea why it happened and that sort of thing doesn't happen by "accident".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, I did, and immediately went to check if all my systems were still associated with my own account with no other unknown devices registered. It was just weird and got me worried. I would feel safer actually if more people had been forced to change their passwords too, which would mean I wasn't targeted or anything of the sorts.

• Locked thread