Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
The free PS+ games have hit a all time low (and I don't think the PS4 is too new excuse is valid as it isn't really that new anymore plus even the ps4 games have been better in the past.

They don't even make the nice video featuring all six games anymore.

The Patton game is just...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
If X-Com is a real port, I want it. Wish it was Enemy Within though.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
The best Infamous is First Light you morons.
Try to play as Delsin instead of Fetch in Arena. It sucks.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I'd been wondering whether First Light was worth it, since it was just Neon powers, but I'm seriously giving it further thought.

First Light is definitely in my top 5 favorite PS4 games. It may not be very long, but the gameplay itself is so good, you'll squeeze whatever you can out of it.

Nawid fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 30, 2016

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I don't know why Sony hasn't released either Killzone PS4 standalone game. I can't imagine they are selling well now and releasing one might generate sales for the other, especially if they put the other one on sale.

The most worrying Playstation Plus trend is them giving out PSP games instead of Vita ones.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Hardware: Rivals, a multiplayer only game that was just terrible. Secret Ponchos wasn't that bad, it was just that no one played it and it gave you no tutorial for it's unique gameplay.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Saints Row 4 was pretty disappointing to me as someone who really liked The Third. It just feels dated and not quite there gameplay wise.

Ratched and Clank also felt dated gameplay wise. I'm not sure how much it actually improved since the PS2 games (I remember Up Your Arsenal being more fun). Definitely a weaker R&C game. Also the movie tie-in aspect drags it down a little bit.

Nawid fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 10, 2016

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I think the original Uncharted is a fine game. I liked how it forced you out of cover and encouraged run and gun. I found the late game switch up to be fun (just run and shotgun).

The second is just an improvement in every way though. Amazing set pieces and little gameplay changes that made it feel more dynamic.

Three is the worst story, very disjointed but the gameplay is as good as the second (maybe better?) and the best set pieces. But the iffy storytelling really hurt this one.

Uncharted Vita is just poo poo. Uncharted without big set pieces, iffy controls, and a second rate story is not fun.

Four is a game where you're in awe moment to moment, but the pacing is just a bit off and it never got into a good momentum. Probably the best story, though I wish it did have some supernatural element, I was just waiting for it all game.

2>4>3>1>>>>>>>>>>Vita

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
drat didn't use my waiver claim on Eli Rogers because I thought some better picks would come out of the first week but not even close. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Trilogy? I think they work as exploration sims too.

• Locked thread