Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Anime? In MY PSStore OP?

fat gay nonce posted:

Unless you are lucky to get a decent sale the prices on the actual ps store are pretty bad, you can get a new copy of Arkham Knight off Amazon for $25, you'll probably be able to get it even cheaper in a couple of weeks, especially if you don't mind a second hand copy. Black Ops 3 (and the rest of the Cod games) does not tend to come down in price much at all because the multiplayer community is very active and will be till whenever the next one comes out.

I might be crazy but it seems like new AAA games have been going on sale earlier and earlier every year, I guess to keep up with the used games market, especially if the games aren't as popular. Buying a physical disk used is almost always cheaper still, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Skeezy posted:

Play Until Dawn once and just play it as straightforward as possible. Don't go back and try to save people.

The things you have to do to save everyone are so arbitrary that you have to do a walkthrough anyways if you want to get them all anyways

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh, only one or two are really bad, I saved everyone but one person without a guide just by not loving up the QTE sections and not doing anything incredibly dumb. The one I didn't save was very counter intuitive though.

Most of them are fine, but some are kind of dumb. The worst is the black guy (matt?) who you have to stop from shooting off the flare with a completely unrelated conversation flag so they could justify the personality system

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Apologies to people who tried to get in PSGoons over christmas, I have been without Internet for a few weeks and couldn't add you in. If the network survives I'll get you in today or tomorrow

Man, it is the Dead Sea in those comments.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Skychrono posted:

Is PSGoons a Community? I should try to join that I guess.

It is a community (message me at rayst191 and then apply) but it is largely useless because most people don't set their parties to community parties I guess. I only ever see on Cod party going at any one time (no matter the community focus, oddly)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

PSN being down means I can't redownload all my games after putting a new hard drive in :(

Which, as an aside, was refreshingly easy in the hellish world of "If you mod this or open the case we will literally shoot you" product protection.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

chaosbreather posted:

Whattup new hard drive buddy? Did you do the trick where you buy an external 2 TB Samsung Expansion and you bust it open and inside is a Samsung that is more expensive to buy by itself for some reason and you swap that with the one in the PS4 so you get like a free 500 GB external?

You know it bro, 2tb Seagate external hard drive becomes an internal hard drive with a flathead and a bit of force.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

univbee posted:

PSNow got a pretty big pile of Playstation-exclusive games.

Now I can final play flow/flower/the unfinished swan and be a cultured gamer goon

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The weird thing is that the same people that liked Inquisition also hated DA2, despite the fact that Inquisition was DA2: The Not-MMO

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Wendell posted:

Since Persona is taking so long that must mean they're actually designing some dungeons this time, right?

Uh excuse me, there were several texture swaps between dungeons, jesus

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I swear that most of these PS1 releases are Sony's way of justifying a Vita

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Thief wasn't -that- bad of a game, it just didn't live up to its predecessors. If you go into it expecting a bad knockoff of Dishonored then you'll be fine

Glad to see Sleeping Dogs on sale though, been meaning to finish that and $10 for all the DLC is a great price

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Cable posted:

Warning to anyone wanting to buy Sleeping Dogs on PS4: I bought it couple weeks ago on a Squeenix sale we had on the EU Store and not only is it capped at 30 FPS, it also works at ~24 most of the time you're in an open space. I'm normally not bothere by bad framerates but god it was terrible.

I played it for several hours last night and the FPS looked buttery smooth so maybe you are just hypersensitive.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The only thing with broforce is that it has been on sale a lot and is pretty commonly known. Getting popular games for free is great but IMO Playstation Plus is better for getting less known but good games into the public eye. Look at Rocket League, for example

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I don't care much for BLOPS3's zombie mode but the accompanying theme is pretty cool, a jazzy soundtrack over top of a cityscape

E. The worst was the Oddworld one, the graphics were cool but the background music and the button sounds were just obnoxious

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 10, 2016

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Mayor McCheese posted:

Anyone have any opinions on Sniper Elite 3 UE or CastleStorm for the PS4?

Castlestorm is fun in an slightly more complicated Angry Birds way

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Billy Elliot posted:

Try the open beta this weekend. Just search division beta in the store to preload. Servers go up at like 3am Friday morning EST.

They are doing a second open beta? That's pretty ballsy given the lukewarm reception to the first. I guess to capture people that didn't get to try it the first time around (like myself)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

How is Beyond: Two Souls? If I liked Heavy Rain and Until Dawn will I like it? My fiancee and I like to co-op those kind of choose your own adventures

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Forceholy posted:

So The Evil Within is only $20. I've had an itch for survival horror for a while. Is it worth getting? Is it at least better than RE6?

It's a fun enough shooter with some poorly designed boss fights, so it's probably worth it. Don't expect a coherent plot though

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

univbee posted:

Rumor suggests Watch_Dogs and Tetris Ultimate. Seriously.

Wow, it may be old but I think that Watch_Dogs is one of the biggest titles to go Plus

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Harlock posted:

Watch Dogs is fine if you paid $20 or less for it. Free is the perfect price. There are some enjoyable activities to do like convoys, and the online player vs player is pretty neat.

Pretty much. It was one of those games where there was a lot of cool stuff on the periphery like the random character notes and the tracking games but once it tried to drag you back to the main story it was just painful. I bought it at full price and never even finished it

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Vakal posted:

Every time I see Battleborn in these sales my brains tries to figure out what is supposed to be represented on the cover art and fails.

Which should be your first hint that the characters are less "designed" and more "assembled"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

part of the reason that beth games are better on pc is that people can fix their loving games for them :v:

They haven't made a usable menu interface yet for this exact reason.

• Locked thread