Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Mystery Opponent posted:

I bought a PS4 on the latest Black Friday sale and got a few games (Bloodborne, Journey and the Laura Croft co-op game, in addition to Battlefront that came with the system). Anything else I should get? I'd like some co-op games that I can play with my wife, she really liked Halo 4 when we had on the X360.

my favourite co-ops:

- diablo 3 is great. must-have for couch co-op.
- gauntlet (currently free on ps+) is pretty fun, like diablo with a bit less of a looty/grindy focus
- beyond two souls (if you fancy playing a co-op interactive movie with some great graphics and naff writing, i just finished it with a mate and it was way more fun two player than when i played it solo when it first came out)
- fat princess adventures is a surprisingly fun (and cheap) diablo-esque hack-n-slash loot-em-up
- EDF 4.1 is the greatest game of all time
- jackbox party pack 1 & 2 are essential if you ever have gatherings at your house where you get drunk with friends (2 player is okay, too)
- trine 1 & 2 are solid co-op platformer/puzzle games with some quite pretty visuals (supports 3d if you have a 3d tv, and it looks great). haven't played the third one yet but i hear it's not great
- until dawn is another interactive movie good for passing the controller whenever characters change (doesn't have proper co-op like B:TS does).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Harrow posted:

I think you just sold me on Until Dawn. I wasn't super interested in it, but the idea of hanging with some friends and passing the controller around to generate our own horror movie sounds like a ton of fun.

I paid full price for it (US price anyway, it was way more expensive in the UK) and really enjoyed it but it doesn't have a great deal of replay value outside of introducing it to new people. well worth it for whatever you'd pay for a couple of blu-ray movies, I think (it's about 7-8 hours long unless you really take your time searching for collectibles).

Some characters get wayyyy more screen time than others, though, so be aware of that if you're splitting them up amongst players (which is nice as you can really establish a 'canon' character for yourselves) instead of just passing the controller each time there's a swap.

Also, always choose the same person to do the stuff with the psychiatrist. Choose the biggest wuss, specifically.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Beyond Two Souls is way better co-op than solo, especially if you're playing with someone that wants to make Jodie all serious. Every time ghost pal gets control, it's time to ruin everything. I don't regret burning that shithead teenager's house down one little bit :colbert:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

morallyobjected posted:

I never forgave Willem Dafoe for setting me up with that book of Poe and telling me the girl was going to love it

That was a sweet book and I'd have been very grateful for a gift like that as a teenager :mad:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Bomberman seems like such a simple concept for a game but every single non-Hudsonsoft version has been absolutely poo poo
And some of the Hudsonsoft ones are very bad, like Bomberman: Act Zero. Jesus Christ what the hell were they smoking when they made that garbage?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Fraction posted:

Is the PS store (UK) down for anyone else? I haven't been able to access it at all today or yesterday.

It's almost always inaccessible to me if I do literally anything on the PS4 before trying to use the store. Reboot and try again and it's fine. This seemed to get fixed two system updates ago, but the last one brought it back with a vengeance - it used to only be a problem if I'd played a game, but it now happens if I look at my friends list, trophies, Netflix or Spotify too.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

the truth posted:

It's the opposite with EGTTR for me. The unbearably slow movement speed irreparably exacerbated the game's flaws and pretentiousness. Good moments, but not a good package.

Agreed. I wanted to wander off and explore more but after doing that a few times, finding absolutely nothing, then having to wander back at that insanely slow pace I decided to just follow the glowy thing.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

In Training posted:

It's cool that Sony realized the only reason people used their app was messaging, so instead of improving the rest of the app, thy just made messaging a separate app and figured people would just delete and forget about the old one.

Hey now the app is still useful if you want to make giant dicks for your AR bots to play with :mad:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Sefal posted:

Is there a max limit on the speed I can get out of those adapters?
I have a powerline 500 mb sitecom adapter. When I had a 50 up/down network. It always gave me speeds of arround 40 mb/up. Fair enough. Now that I upgraded to 100 mb up/down. It still only gives me 40 mb up/down. I tested with my laptop hooked up directly to my modem and it gave me 90 mb up/down so the speed is there.
Is 40 mb the max? Thinking about pulling cables. But I love the ease of powerline adapters.

I've found it depends a lot on the quality of wiring in your house. When I lived in a flat built in the mid 1990s, my powerline adapters were super fast.

Now I live in a house built in the 1930s with old wiring, they're basically useless.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Szurumbur posted:

subtitles turned off by default is a bad design choice and should not be something that persists.

Really? I absolutely hate subtitles; they always distract my eye from what's actually happening on screen, which in something like the Witcher 3 is awful because so much of the subtle animation tells a story.

Do you always have subtitles on in movies, too?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

...makes sense I guess. I wasn't being intentionally rude, I just never realised anyone used them unless hard of hearing or maybe if the spoken language isn't the player's native tongue. It always pissed me off when a game has them on for the opening scene without being able to turn them off.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

gibbed posted:

Better options for this would definitely be better, it's only just recently (that is, in the last 4-5 years or so) that providing subtitles for games has been a consistent thing and the standards haven't really been put into any sort of place as far as I've seen.

Yeah, what happened with the thing on 360 where you could set default control schemes for everything? Seems like controls, subtitles, volume levels, gamma etc. would be really suited to being system wide and just tweakable in game.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

qbert posted:

What is a wine testing party?

It's something very pretentious, whatever it is.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

My dad loved The Wolf Among Us. He's never enjoyed a non-driving video game before in his life but playing an interactive movie blew his mind. He was genuinely conflicted about how to treat characters. Except Toad, who he was a dick to at every opportunity.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

BillmasterCozb posted:

your dad played the game wrong

My dad was all like "get a job Mr toad!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Akuma posted:

He had a job! Toad's got it bad enough as it is, lay off :/

Did he? Honestly don't remember. And I was nice to him in my game; my dad was just amused that he could be horrid to someone in a game and ran with it.

• Locked thread