Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Thanks for putting this together!

Can you please also add how it is possible to browse only PSOne classics on the PSN Store (in Europe at least, I don't see this option).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

PS now is close, but not quite there, to being worth the cost. They need to sign a few more publishers, add in PSOne and PS2 classics and I might just jump on board.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Is Dark Cloud 2 enhanced in any way, or is it exactly the same just emulated well on PS4?

Also:
HEY SQUARE/ENIX I WILL SPEND £19.99 TO GET DRAGON QUEST 8 IF YOU CAN GET IT TO WORK ON PS4.

Now a functionality question. I have a PSP that can't get on to my home's wifi. Is there any non-piratey way of buying Breath of Fire III at this great price and getting it on to the PSP?

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 21, 2016

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Even though this is a PSP game and not a PSX game? I can do as you described for, say, Final Fantasy IX which was the PSX game that ran on both PS3 and PSP.

Also, when the hell are my old PSX purchases gonna be playable on the PS4...

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Media Go, if you use Windows.

Never heard of this and downloading now - thank you :)

Will there be any complications because I am running custom firmware for homebrew and emulation on my PSP?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Historically there haven't been.

Getting some error... this likely won't remove anything from my memory stick, right?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Not sure about anything on this PSP :/

WIll back up then check.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I am busy backing up right now. 99.9% sure the main account is EU as well. Plus I have the CFW launcher on the drive so as long as BoF III is copied over I should be able to get it to launch easily enough. Time will tell.

EDIT: Well, everything that was on the memory stick seems to still be working just fine. Cool thing is I can use that Media Go for my PSP purchases despite error messages and it asking me to update (to remove my CFW). Thanks for the suggestion!

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jan 21, 2016

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Seconding Child of Light. It's great.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I want to know what February's PS+ games are so I can post about them in an angry fashion.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Oh wow, PS+ has gone beyond the bottom of the barrel and is scraping deep into the dirt with this month's lovely offerings. Christ.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Just bought Double Dragon 2: The Revenge on PS4. Stoked to see some of these old classics coming. Hopefully the catalogue will expand and we can see some specials/discounts in future as £5+ for these old games will sting a bit eventually :)

barren_sky posted:

Chrissakes, if it wasn't for PS Plus we'd still be paying our $50 a year for multiplayer, a paywall, and nothing else and be happy for it. We may not get old Assassin's Creed games every month, but we do get a couple of indie games. Some of them you might like, and some you won't. It's a whole lot better than the nothing I got for my years of Xbox Gold on Xbox 360.

Just so sick of the endless whining.

"Please don't express your dissatisfaction when you feel you're not getting your money's worth as a result of a service and the included products not being even close to as good as they have been in the past."

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 3, 2016

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Complaint is that the games that were given away before I joined PS+ seem way better in comparison to the ones that are given away now and it makes us feel sad when each month rolls around and the free PS4 game(s) is very unexciting.

But my complaining shouldn't bother you. It really shouldn't.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Is there a non-zero chance that Dragon Quest 8 might ever be released on PS4 in some form or another (even just a PS2 classic or PS Now game or whatever)?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Pre-complaining about April 2016 PS+ offerings in this post.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

So have we speculated on May's PS+ games yet? Aren't they meant to be officially announced today?

There was a 'leak' for Watchdogs and Tetris on PS4, which I'd be pretty happy with if that's the case, but of course nothing verified yet.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Oh, Thursday? OK.

Hmmmm if those are the PS4 games then I don't think I am going to complain this month. Feels strange, man.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Oh well. I will put some time into Tropico and probably do a few rounds of that racing one. Was looking forward to mucking about in Watch_Dogs (I had it over a year ago and played maybe 2 hours before losing interest, never really gave it the time it deserved and I traded it in for something else at a CEX).

Sounds like WD was not such a great game anyway, and now I can do some feet up strategy gamin' on my couch. Sounds cool.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Is Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition on UK store a pricing error? It's 85% reduced, while the others are 35 and 43 reduced. Meaning it's cheapest at £9.49, and I bought it. :)

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Hmmm, an hour in and Dragon Age Inquisition is underwhelming. I hope I am more whelmed by hour 5 or I'm done and regret my £9.49 spent. :colbert:

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Glad I've not yet played Witcher 3 if it's not good to come back to DAI afterwards...

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I'm some kind of elven archer. Gimme some tips and advice to make the most of this one and only play through of DAI that I may or may not complete.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Seriously what the gently caress is Sony thinking now when it comes to PS+ offerings for PS4. Wow.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Summer sale offerings in the UK look good. Except for LoU Remastered... that's still too pricey.

Anyone played Divinity Original Sin on PS4? Wondering how well the controls hold up and if this is more of a mouse and keyboard RPG, or a sink-into-the-couch RPG I can enjoy with PS4 controller.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I apologise for nothing and will continue to complain about PS+ offerings until the unrealistic ideal of 100x AAA PS4 titles are included one month, somehow, by magic or something.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Why would they be removing Castle of Illusion from the store? :confused:

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Hmmm, shouldn't September's PS+ games be announced by now?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

What price range? I've not been following much PSN news lately... they gonna charge us more to complain at the start of each month?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Quite tempted to get Pang Adventures as long as it is not worse than the original, which I loved.

Any opinions on it?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Cool Halloween sale featuring a discount on Fallout 4 but not the season pass. GG, I too shall pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Interestingly the DLC is cheaper (just clicked on https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/fallout-4-nuka-world/cid=EP1003-CUSA02961_00-FALLOUT4DLC00006) but the season pass is not. Guess I might buy some extra Fallout time wasting after all!

Lulz:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/search/q=fallout

• Locked thread