Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Wolfsheim posted:

Metro Redux for $7 or whatever. Worth it? How linear/story-heavy is it? And does it veer more towards bleak apocalyptic FPS or survival horror FPS?

For $7, Metro Redux is very worth it. It's very linear and story-heavy, and is a combination of both kinds of FPS you mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The perfect descriptor for Persona 4 is that it's Anime Scooby Doo: The RPG.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Xrd was phenomenal and I can't loving wait for Revelator. I'm still blown away at how good the 3D style and animation is in Xrd.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Good. You shouldn't.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The only choice that matters in Heavy Rain is whether to make Scott Shelby a terminator with perfect aim or a bumbling idiot with a weakness to bullets

the rest of that game is hot trash

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Oscar Wild posted:

Working through a second playthrough of Witcher 3, is there any reason not to get the season pass? I don't think the season pass ever goes on sale, does it?

Everyone's already said it, but the Witcher 3 DLC is well worth it. It's some old school price:value expansion pack goodness.

Hearts of Stone is a really loving solid questline, and Blood and Wine is a whole new area and a phenomenal send-off to the series. Toussaint is like a painting in motion.

Take it from the guy with Geralt as his avatar.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
OTR is canon because by its own admission, it didn't actually happen. Its very premise is Frank going "if I was there, this is how I would have done it."

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
nothin' but knack

boom shaka laka

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Old Hunters is basically a greatest hits of Bloodborne taking place in a hosed up version of an already hosed up version of Yarnham. Its story is a little more overt than the regular game, though still plenty veiled.

Everyone else touched on its other awesome parts: best bossfights, best weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'm another one who doesn't really enjoy Demon's/Dark Souls despite having finished them all except for 3, with my primary complaint being that the slower pace and defensive nature of the gameplay didn't really click with me, so it's pretty easy to see why Bloodborne appeals to me so strongly: getting up in everyone's grundles and ripping their hearts out with my bare hands.

• Locked thread