Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mr Hootington posted:

walking dead season 2 episode 2 and Knack.

The entire season 2 of TWD was free for PS+ like two months ago. Your joke fails, sir. FAILS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So Oxenfree is loving terrific.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A twee adventure game with weird supernatural jazz going on.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Alien: Isolation is way better than Shadow of Mordor.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

baram. posted:

alien isolation outstayed its welcome

Shadow of Mordor did too, and much worse I think.

Awesome! posted:

they are very different games

I mean yeah but I'm just saying I enjoyed them both but Isolation was much more of a cool experience.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Tomb Ra1d3r is one of the best games in recent memory, better than any Uncharted bar 4. The climbing/adventuring/Metroidvania style stuff is top notch and the weapon and skill upgrades make it a more satisfying action game than the UC series. And it looks bat-crappingly gorgeous on PS4 (actually it looks nearly as great on PS3 really).

e: Mortal Kombat XL is maybe not worth getting since Injustice 2 is coming and at this point the online kommunity for MKX is nothing but people who will easily and totally destroy you with kombos and cheese. The story mode is extremely fun though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm getting tired of all these dark souls.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So yesterday I could buy some DLC using paypal but today that I try to get some games, the PSN tells me "paypal is not a valid credit card"

Any ideas on what happened? :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Am I the only one having issues to pay using Paypal?

Yeah a few days ago I bought Oxenfree with Paypal through the internet website, it told me that the payment method failed or whatever, when I tried again it said "You are not eligible to purchase this content", then I went on the actual PS store with my PS4 and Oxenfree was able to be downloaded without purchasing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MeatwadIsGod posted:

How's Mad Max? I like the Mad Max movies but am not a devoted fan or anything.

It's charming and fun but ignore most of the side missions.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I assume that 7 Days to Die being already down to $30 means it's hot garbage? Pity, it looked interesting.

I'm not even sure I want to bother downloading Saint's Row 4. poo poo.

Who's gonna be a bad enough dude to buy Technomancer and let us all know how bad it is?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

axleblaze posted:

Quick, someone buy Energy Hook and tell me if it's good

Same, but with Heart & Slash. It looks REALLY good but these days I always get wary when something throws "roguelike" and "procedurally generated" at you so hard. Like it's just trying too hard to appeal to me.

e: oh it's a PC port, and the PC reviews are pretty solid. Buying now.

Also holy poo poo, $7 for God of War 3 remastered? Well poo poo, okay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kirios posted:

I've been waiting for the PS4 version to drop below 29.99 forever. It hasn't even gotten close to that.

It's driving me insane how they refuse to let that game drop to a sane price point. I can only assume the multiplayer is insanely popular because it's bar none the worst single-player GTA game since 3. I'm speaking only of the story missions, of course, the map is loving amazing and loving around in it is a delight, and sure even the worst GTA game is still a pretty good time, but gently caress me sideways I am not looking forward to those stupid "drive a forklift" and submarine missions, oh my god.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RC Cola posted:

What's energy hook?
And someone recommend me a game. Something single player and adventurey.

The Last of Us?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

univbee posted:

I think GTA5 will never drop below like $36 digitally, they'll just include a better shark card with the game each time.

It only took GTA4 like 3 years to drop to $20. Just sayin'.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

univbee posted:

Was GTA4 even available digitally in its first three years of existence (PC GFWL version aside)?

Yeah, it came out April 2008 and I'm 99% sure I bought it digital + expansions in late 2010, maybe early 2011 but certainly not much later than that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Amplitude is extremely fun even if, like me, you don't really enjoy most of the music in it. Harmonix should have spent more money on it than on Rock Band 4 (rip)

Resogun is regularly cited as one of the greatest PS games ever, though I wouldn't really go that far.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ludwig van Halen posted:

So a couple of those Neptunia games are in the sale. I kinda want a chill JRPG I can breeze through, but it looks like the bad kind of anime, so I'm on the fence about it.

e: the battles look kind of neat, but the visual novel/cutscene parts look really embarrassing.

What you want to do is buy I Am Setsuna. It is very chill and breezy and has great music.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh, at least Neptunia is funny if you like that sort of thing, Setuna is the JRPG equivalent of eating sugar-free, gluten-free cake.

I like the Nep Nep games just fine and yeah Setsuna has some unfortunate blandness to it but I'm still really enjoying it. It's not like it's terrifically unusual to enjoy a JRPG that's generic as poo poo. :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

That's honestly pretty fair. Still $40 cheaper than loving Amazon Prime :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I feel like I get a lot more out of PS+ but then I like free garbage indie games way more than most people.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ularg posted:

Like, Furi is pretty cool but going through my PS+ library the last PS+ title I thought was really good was Rocket League.

Furi actually owns like insanely hard though.

Real hurthling! posted:

Invisible inc ps4 needs to go on sale soon gently caress you sony and whoever made it!

:agreed:

I already bought it on PC but feel like it'd be more fun as a couch game.

e: Like oddly enough I enjoy the PS4 version of This War of Mine to the PC version :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I said it before and I'll keep saying it, if PS Now could be bundled into my yearly PS+ at a reasonable price I'd jump at it. When I tried it out last year there was basically no significant input lag on even the action games I tried. It's honestly a really good service, especially if you never had a PS3.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

Spirits Within is a much better movie than the endless mountain of criticism would have you think

:agreed:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lords of the Fallen is like Bound By Flame or Kingdoms of Amalur; it's a blatant rip-off of someone else's game, but it's ultimately still pretty playable and enjoyable (for free).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
poo poo yeah, I've had Republique on my Steam wishlist forever, I'd much rather have it on PS4 anyway.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Anyone saying that King's Quest is good if you like the older games has clearly never played a King's Quest game, because the re/make/boot/whatever is much, much better than any old King's Quest ever was, in puzzle design, humor, charm, and literally everything else.

It's legit great, much better than any Telltale bar Borderlands or Batman, and has actual puzzles.

If they did take money from the Homestuck game (Which, mind you, is a conspiracy theory roughly on the level of "pizzagate") then that's just icing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every old Sierra game I can think of has at least one item you need from the beginning or middle that you have no way of knowing you'll need, and in many cases, no way of knowing it exists. (Glass shard, I'm looking at you)

e: Also, the "TOG stole money from Homestuck" theory is just that, an unsubstantiated theory that is over a year old and that literally nobody with any authority on the subject has weighed in on.

precision fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 26, 2016

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well that just happened.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Freak Futanari posted:

Well, most of that stuff DOES sound pretty plausible

I heard in the Japanese version it's a pop idol sex scandal. loving censorship!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I love it when people say it's well known that there are drug lords and drug selling happening on SA. Because I mean, if anyone would know about that, I'd think I would.

I'll just buy my drugs the old fashioned way, at the legal dispensary down the block.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Kinda knew This War of Mine would be free since it just got a big update on Steam, but I still don't regret paying full price (twice) for it. Game is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Weavered posted:

Does this mean the whole game and the dlc or just the dlc?

The Little Ones is standard with the PS4 version. I don't think the PS4 version has the new NPCs and areas they just added to the Steam version yet but those should be free.

• Locked thread