Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a decent video showing off character creation? The couple I tried were really cringe worthy. I want to make sure I can create a character that looks somewhat like a normal human being and not some emaciated runway model who looks like they would be blown away in a strong breeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is this normal enough for you?

You can easily make normal looking people so long as you are Jin. Well, normal beautiful people or hideous monsters. There is no inbetween.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 7, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Inzombiac posted:

Is this normal enough for you?

You can easily make normal looking people so long as you are Jin. Well, normal beautiful people or hideous monsters. There is no inbetween.

Eeesh, that approaches Ark levels of abomination. :stare:

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Stream today, talking about new Chargen options and a few other things, including crafting.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

MH Knights posted:

Is there a decent video showing off character creation? The couple I tried were really cringe worthy. I want to make sure I can create a character that looks somewhat like a normal human being and not some emaciated runway model who looks like they would be blown away in a strong breeze.

There are body sliders to make it so your character has normal human proportions (except Yun, there's nothing you can do to stop them from being bird monsters). Jin can look be made to look downright chunky compared to other races.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Where's this stream? I'd love to see the full details of all the chargen stuff they're going to add for release

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

http://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul

They're going over char stuff now. New hair colors and styles.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I can't resist at least trying out any new f2p pet class; being able to be a tiny old person is a bonus. The giant-headed cartoon kitten walking around on its hind legs doing martial arts is a little too silly for me though. Are all the customization options basically skin changes on that one model?

Should I just wait for warlock and accept being grimdark instead? :buddy:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Warlocks aren't really pet classes. They get a long cooldown nuke that summons a demon that stays for a while but its still a nuke and not a persistent thing.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

mushroom_spore posted:

I can't resist at least trying out any new f2p pet class; being able to be a tiny old person is a bonus. The giant-headed cartoon kitten walking around on its hind legs doing martial arts is a little too silly for me though. Are all the customization options basically skin changes on that one model?

Should I just wait for warlock and accept being grimdark instead? :buddy:

Here's a handy chart:

The translations for location/NPC are obviously wrong but hopefully you can figure it out from the maps. There's basically an NPC in each region, Viridian, Cinderlands, and Moonwater.

Also stream confirmed we'll be on the September patch for release, skill wise.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Warlocks aren't really pet classes. They get a long cooldown nuke that summons a demon that stays for a while but its still a nuke and not a persistent thing.

Mildly disappointing, but I might try it anyway. Fighting with charms and talismans sounds reasonably cool in itself.

cathead posted:

Here's a handy chart:

Thanks! Looks like it is mostly skin changes, but I think I could probably design something fun using one of the fatter bodies. That one face looks like a panda. :3:

A Bunch of Old Men
Jul 6, 2014

Always fabulous
So this game looks pretty neat and everything I have checked up on says the combat system is amazing. I played Age of Wushu for a good while and I was wondering if any of you guys and gals that played Wushu could tell me if the games are comparable besides the whole wuxia-themed stuff. I don't play MMO's that often but what I liked about Wushu was the combat and the dickery that you could get into with other people. Side note that character creator looks like I could have a lot of fun with it.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Stormgale posted:

Eu Goons (or just the other EU Goon) Any opposition with going RED FACTION

Not much here, on the other hand I'm trying to mentally decide between Destroyer or Blade Dancer as a first character and I'm wondering if I just want the first founder's pack or if I want to go full swing and turn into some kind of Yasuo knockoff.

Actually, is there a pirate costume in game?

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Is there a huge DPS difference between the classes?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

A Bunch of Old Men posted:

So this game looks pretty neat and everything I have checked up on says the combat system is amazing. I played Age of Wushu for a good while and I was wondering if any of you guys and gals that played Wushu could tell me if the games are comparable besides the whole wuxia-themed stuff. I don't play MMO's that often but what I liked about Wushu was the combat and the dickery that you could get into with other people. Side note that character creator looks like I could have a lot of fun with it.

combat is basically wushu's but more streamlined/fightan-ish, cant be as much of a dick but there IS world pvp (voluntary) and lots of 1v1/3v3 dickwaving. There aren't 'schools' so much as actual classes, but the BD&BM is basically wu dang and the kfm is a mix of beggars and scholars.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I can't help but feel I'm going to hate life in PvP since I'm going to roll FM, but they're just too fun. Oh well!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Krakatoah posted:

Not much here, on the other hand I'm trying to mentally decide between Destroyer or Blade Dancer as a first character and I'm wondering if I just want the first founder's pack or if I want to go full swing and turn into some kind of Yasuo knockoff.

Actually, is there a pirate costume in game?
I'm going rear end or KFM, probably rear end first as it seems easier to solo with.

Yo Cathead Put EU goons down for Red Faction

When name reserve comes up ill also give a name or something.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kuai posted:

Is there a huge DPS difference between the classes?

No, there are some minor differences if you just compare pure numbers, but there's no DPS parser so no one can really tell in practice. Leveling-speed wise I would say they're all about the same as well. Things are a bit weird right now in PvP-wise due to us being lv45 cap on a 50 patch, which gives some of the burstier classes an edge in PvP due to smaller hp pools vs damage meant for lv50 scaling, but that will even out once we get 50 cap. It's probably best to just play what you like the most.

Silvergun1000 posted:

I can't help but feel I'm going to hate life in PvP since I'm going to roll FM, but they're just too fun. Oh well!

Just get good! A well played FM in PvP is a BEAST and will annoy the poo poo out of their opponents. The good news is that Jaesung, the 2014 world champ, plays FM and streams a lot so you can always look to him for info. The class will only get better as we get hongmoon levels and 50 cap.

Stormgale posted:

Done.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
How's Warlock in PvP? Was thinking of going Assassin since they can do silly things with perma stealth soloing bosses, and just seem fun and then rolling Warlock for my ranged/caster character when they come in (since it's supposed to be soon). But Force Master is pretty tempting too.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Oh my loving god. I think this game has songs from the same guys who did the Metal Gear Revengeance soundtrack. If not that then they've apparently hired an impersonator who sounds the same and is just as cheesy.

loving hell, I was going to skip this since it's a NCSoft product. But if it's that sort of game I might actually have to give this a try. :allears:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

DemonMage posted:

How's Warlock in PvP? Was thinking of going Assassin since they can do silly things with perma stealth soloing bosses, and just seem fun and then rolling Warlock for my ranged/caster character when they come in (since it's supposed to be soon). But Force Master is pretty tempting too.

Quite good, but they just got nerfed a fair bit in the December patch a fair bit so it's hard to tell how that will pan out. So it's really a matter of when we get that patch vs when we get Warlock and how that all works out. I think it's still going to be a bit before we see Warlock anyway so I'd probably just start working on the FM after you finish Sin and go from there. It's also worth noting that FM is a lot more mobile ranged class than Warlock.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Stormgale posted:

I'm going rear end or KFM, probably rear end first as it seems easier to solo with.

When name reserve comes up ill also give a name or something.

I have no idea what the factions do, but the first red outfit sucks. I guess they make it up with that cool rear end coat and literally being the bad guys from Karate Kid?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

mushroom_spore posted:

Thanks! Looks like it is mostly skin changes, but I think I could probably design something fun using one of the fatter bodies. That one face looks like a panda. :3:

You can also buy/find clothes and hair for your cat.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
smdh if people don't go punchmans in a wuxia game.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The best class is the class that can perform the Inazuma Drop, this holds true for all games, everywhere.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Themage posted:

smdh if people don't go punchmans in a wuxia game.

swords and Weird Magic poo poo are just as wuxia as punchmans :colbert:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Pierson posted:

The best class is the class that can perform the Inazuma Drop, this holds true for all games, everywhere.

:eng101: It's actually the Izuna Drop, the Inazuma Drop is a soccer shot from Inazuma Eleven, also not to be confused with the Inazuma Kick, which is from Gunbuster! Thanks for making things totally not confusing at all, Japan!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Arzachel posted:

I have no idea what the factions do, but the first red outfit sucks. I guess they make it up with that cool rear end coat and literally being the bad guys from Karate Kid?
Factions matter for world pvp outfit and guilds, they have associated dailies for currency too

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
The download for the new client for headstart/launch is ready for download. http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/name-reservation-january-11/

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Velveteen posted:

The download for the new client for headstart/launch is ready for download. http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/name-reservation-january-11/

Don't forget to fire it up for the patch!

Kuai
May 25, 2004
I caved and bought the disciples pack so I can try to snipe the Goku name.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Kuai posted:

I caved and bought the disciples pack so I can try to snipe the Goku name.

You're in a race with god knows how many other people.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If your desire to name yourself Goku is pure and true and not for ironic purposes, then I believe you will get the name.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do KFMs get energy blasts / kamehamehas, this is very important

Failing that, do FMs (as opposed to fire and ice blasts, I mean)

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Do KFMs get energy blasts / kamehamehas, this is very important

Failing that, do FMs (as opposed to fire and ice blasts, I mean)

I honestly think Summoner's Sunflower is the closest thing you're going to get to this.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, I don't like pet classes :smith:

AngstPenguin
Oct 10, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

but do you like cat classes

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ciaphas posted:

Yo dawg, the cats are cool and dope. Choose the lazy cat because he's so chill.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Cat is the best. Its the only reason I'm picking Summoner as my main over something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

mmmeeeehhhhhhhhh MMO pets are awwfulllll, being adorable dressup cats won't save them

• Locked thread