Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Your weapon doesn't level up until 45 anymore and the main quests give you new weapons. You can hit 50 just doing main quests now, probably takes around a weekend of playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

DancingShade posted:

Haven't touched this since a couple weeks after launch. Is the leveling process still gated by RNG weapon boxes in certain dungeons thus pushing you towards cash shop consumables or can you level without wasting loads of time on rerunning content forever until you get your class weapon?
(gently caress black narrows)

I'm assuming it's still like catching your genital and/or soft parts in a car door because they want to sell the instant 50 thing advertised on the website.

They removed the entire hongmoon weapon/accessory thing entirely. They will hand out stuff like Golden Deva Sword or Lycan Staff to you and you'll use that for leveling instead of upgrading a hongmoon weapon you got at the start of the game. As soon as you reach far enough in the main quest line they'll hand you a new weapon and you just toss away the old one you had. You can run dungeons for better weapons than the ones you get from quests but thats dependent on rng and you out level it so fast anyways. You'll receive Ivorymoon weapons at 45 but the main quest will give you tormented weapons and others used to upgrade it all the way to legendary weapons. Legendary weapons still have to deal with dumb RNG boxes but chances are you'll be gated behind the other expensive materials for it anyways. Its not something you'll rush to max out. Accessories will also be handed out in the main quest and no longer need to be upgraded. There are better ones in the later dungeon as well as legendary accessories but a full pinnacle set from the quest will take you all the way to end game dungeons. The main quest will also hand out pets and gems so you only really need to buy a diamond for your weapon and thats it. I quit after BSH came out and when I came back I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to catch up. As well as getting rid of the annoying upgrading system.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Basically they want to make leveling as easy and painless as possible so that you get to end game where they can milk you for endgame upgrades.

If you just want to level, punch mans, and look at a pretty game then it's a really good change for you.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Good to know - thanks!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They've been featuring a gunner class since pre-alpha before it disappeared for seemingly forever, they teased something was coming last year and now they have a date for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMMi4rJZG00

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Yeah the question is, when will we get it on the NA/EU servers? Our current event ends on 6/14, so it's not impossible to think that we might get it then. However, we are still way behind in content and have never gotten any kind of update simultaneously with the KR server before. So we'll see what happens, but personally I'm not expecting it yet.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They kinda have to do a world wide release since they stated they are going to include NA and EU in Worlds which is their pvp tournament. You can't include regions that don't get access to a new class to practice with/against

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

nogic posted:

Yeah the question is, when will we get it on the NA/EU servers? Our current event ends on 6/14, so it's not impossible to think that we might get it then. However, we are still way behind in content and have never gotten any kind of update simultaneously with the KR server before. So we'll see what happens, but personally I'm not expecting it yet.

Speaking of the current event, is it worth it to buy more treasure slots? Obviously if you buy extra slots then you need to buy more keys to cycle through too.

The problem is the gold exchange rate is so low now, you need a lot more gold to get any HM stuff. And of course the longer you wait the less value you get from buying slots and keys too.

This event definitely seems more geared towards whales then the prior one.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Yeah it's probably the biggest whale event. Buying keys with gold is probably only worth it if you have tons of gold. You would have to get really lucky to end up making a profit.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

How did Chi Masters turn out, and does leveling alts feel less punitive than it did at launch? It sounds like some of the changes to weapon progression might have been good for that, but they were hardly the only issue.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Chi Master, aka soul fighter on na/EU, turned out fine. They put out good dps, and have good party utility due to healing and res. I haven't played mine much, but they seem fun. Maybe someone who's played more can comment.

Leveling an alt is really painless now, you only have to do the story quests, you can skip all the side quests. They also made some quests shorter, cut some out (I think), and even give you the waypoint before you go to the next town sometimes to save you the hike. It's great.

Edit: oh yeah, and later in the story they give you a bunch of stuff to help you get started, like an SS set, AP gems, accessories, and mats to upgrade your weapon most of the way to legendary.

nogic fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 26, 2017

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Soul Fighter is baller and I usually beat all but the super whales in dps

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

OGS-Remix posted:

Speaking of the current event, is it worth it to buy more treasure slots? Obviously if you buy extra slots then you need to buy more keys to cycle through too.

The problem is the gold exchange rate is so low now, you need a lot more gold to get any HM stuff. And of course the longer you wait the less value you get from buying slots and keys too.

This event definitely seems more geared towards whales then the prior one.

I wouldn't buy keys or expansion slots. I hear the rate for items are pretty bad in trove so its only worth it if you whale like crazy. If you get some good stuff on the two slots thats great. I managed to grab a costume off the two slots from one of the earlier troves. If you do see a "crit roll" (I don't know why its called that,) you could potentially buy expansions and hope whatever is hidden is something good. However the rate for it is astronomically low and its totally not going to happen.

Its not going to happen. Its a trap.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
It's a "crit" i.e. critical hit, because I guess that's the only way people can relate to the idea of "random chance of getting much higher reward than normal from a loot box/etc.".

Anyway, grats if you got that one, that's one of the better ones. The oils will get your soul to stage 7 or something, or the sealed Xanos discs would sell for a lot. I think there are only two crits better than that one I've seen, one with 10 sealed oils, and the other with like 50 raven king souls, which is enough to go from raven 1 - 9 I think.

The odds of getting a much less lucrative crit than that one are way higher. That particular one is insanely rare.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

nogic posted:

It's a "crit" i.e. critical hit, because I guess that's the only way people can relate to the idea of "random chance of getting much higher reward than normal from a loot box/etc.".

Anyway, grats if you got that one, that's one of the better ones. The oils will get your soul to stage 7 or something, or the sealed Xanos discs would sell for a lot. I think there are only two crits better than that one I've seen, one with 10 sealed oils, and the other with like 50 raven king souls, which is enough to go from raven 1 - 9 I think.

The odds of getting a much less lucrative crit than that one are way higher. That particular one is insanely rare.

Its not me, I just saw this posted somewhere on reddit. I'm not going to gamble on something like the trove. But yes its so rare that you'll probably never see it even if you throw down several hundred keys. Anything with that kind of odds isn't worth gambling on.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
Hey goons recently got into this game and hit Hongmoon 7 with my destroyer and looking to upgrade my accessories and soulshield. Currently sitting on pinnacle and asura, anyone have any advice on what to go for next? My weapon is a baleful 3. Normally I would google this but the advice I find is either out of date or seems like it's coming from dumb people.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Usually you want Asura 1 2 4 6 8 and Be Ido 3 5 7

After that it's usually Ebondrake 1 2 4 6 8 and Desolate Tomb 3 5 7

Then MSP 1 2 3 Ebondrake 4 5 6 7 8 (maybe? I skipped this one and went straight to the next one)

Then MSP 1 2 3 4 5 Desolate Tomb 6 7 8

Then full MSP

Currently I'm using Raven 1 2 3 and MSP 4 5 6 7 8

Accessories is get full pinnacle then get legendaries

The neck from desolate tomb is the most important as its the best and you won't replace it

The ring from ebondrake is decent, but gets replaced from BT rings fairly quick

The belt from foundry is amazing for survivability which is important in BT

Bracelet is really drat powerful, however we currently don't have tokens as bad luck protection on it yet and the bids still go very high on them.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
Thanks! I really enjoy grinding more when I know I am going for something good. I appreciate the advice.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

rjderouin posted:

Thanks! I really enjoy grinding more when I know I am going for something good. I appreciate the advice.

What's your in-game name? I'll do dungeons with you if you're looking to learn how to do stuff or just don't want to deal with as many F8 people lol.

Edit: Also I got super lucky and have 6 gem slots now after upgrading my weapon. What are the best gems for socketing? Should I just wait for more event HM gems since they have AP built in?

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 8, 2017

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

OGS-Remix posted:

What's your in-game name? I'll do dungeons with you if you're looking to learn how to do stuff or just don't want to deal with as many F8 people lol.

Edit: Also I got super lucky and have 6 gem slots now after upgrading my weapon. What are the best gems for socketing? Should I just wait for more event HM gems since they have AP built in?

Just use gems with AP in them if you have them. The priority for them from what I've read is:

1. ap diamond
2. drain amethyst
3. crit ruby
4. aquamarine/peridot
5. citrine
6. sapphire

The story quest gives you half of them and the rest I've gotten from events.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007

OGS-Remix posted:

My account name is rjderouin my current mains name is Koenegittoo, I am on the road for the next two weeks but will be logging into run daily quests in the mornings on my awful hotel wifi.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
So this thread seems pretty dead, but is their any one on Hong who would wanna run some dungeons? I am Hongmoon 7 going into 8, have 780 AP and am just looking to grind up 5 pieces of Ebon Drake shield.

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

I just started playing this is anyone still plays lol.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
I still play, on Master Hong, whaddup

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Well, in case anyone is wondering/cares anymore...

The patch adding the new Gunner class came out today! It also reduced the raid size from 24 players to 12! Those things are great!

However, in typical NCSoft West fashion, they inadvertently scaled up the level of the bosses in endgame dungeons and raids to 57/58, whatever they will be at player level 55 cap... and we're still on level 50 cap. So Vortex Temple is nearly impossible, and all the other endgame dungeons are way too loving hard.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

lmao

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Gunner looks really cool....

Stay strong Drythe, stay strong

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

nogic posted:

Well, in case anyone is wondering/cares anymore...

The patch adding the new Gunner class came out today! It also reduced the raid size from 24 players to 12! Those things are great!

However, in typical NCSoft West fashion, they inadvertently scaled up the level of the bosses in endgame dungeons and raids to 57/58, whatever they will be at player level 55 cap... and we're still on level 50 cap. So Vortex Temple is nearly impossible, and all the other endgame dungeons are way too loving hard.

:ncsoft: as all gently caress

Kuai
May 25, 2004
anyone got a guide for shadow gunner?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yea its really easy

Hold Right Mouse
Press F on Cooldown
Press 3 on Cooldown, don't bother with the chain its a dps loss
Press C on Cooldown
Press LMB if you are running out of bullets

If (Tab not on Cooldown) {
Allow dark light to max
Press Tab
}
else {
Use 4 on Cooldown
}

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Also if you are making new legendary weapons, gamble for your gem slots with the new starter. You can buy a new one for 5 tablets from the grand harvest vendor then upgrade to Baleful/Seraph level 1 for pretty cheap.

I rolled five of them and got a 5 slot Baleful, which was good enough for me since I had the hammers for slot 6

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's been a while since I messed around with one of these chinagames, so I'm gonna hop in on this.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

For anyone wondering, I did not stay strong

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What is the current goon guild? All the stuff in the OP seems obsolete.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I don't believe there is a goon guild since only like 3 Goons play this

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh RIP then.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Been playing again after a very long hiatus, playing Gunslinger and enjoying it. Are elemental gems useless now after hongmoon changes? Should I just vendor everything I can't use item/equipment wise?

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
What exactly do you mean by elemental gem?

As for equipment you can't use, if it's a weapon for another class, then salvage it. You can't actually trade almost any of that stuff.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

nogic posted:

What exactly do you mean by elemental gem?

As for equipment you can't use, if it's a weapon for another class, then salvage it. You can't actually trade almost any of that stuff.

Weapon reinforcement gems that I think were used for hongmoon weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yes, the game will give you all your weapons through the quests until the last chapter where you get the free legendary.

• Locked thread