Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I can't wait to see what horrifying monster I play and name Literal Fetish after I finish playing the poo poo out of dragon's dogma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
All that oil clearly offers you a tactical advantage. It lets you slip out of grabs and holds more easily! :haw:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Instead of flying through the air with qingqong and such, if you've got the oil set high enough you should be able to travel by just sliding along the ground like it's a fuckin slip-n-slide.

YOU RUN
YOU SLIDE
YOU HIT A JIANGSHI
AND TAKE A DIVE!

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016

Eonwe posted:

the points you get aren't like currency they are like a thing that fills up an imaginary bar that tells you how useful your premium is

its like a premium 'level'

you still gotta pay for premium separately

From the FAQ on the blade and soul site

quote:

Question What are the Premium Membership Tiers?
Answer
You accumulate Premium Points with every purchase you make in the NCoin Store and Hongmoon Store that count towards raising your Premium Membership Tier. Additional Premium Membership benefits, like bonus quest gold and reduced Windstride cooldown, are unlocked as your Premium Membership Tier rises.

Bonus gold and gliding... is that it? Anyone have anymore info and how much premium service cost?

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
CMs trolling their user base but they rightfully deserve it? Oh am subbing to this game.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I can't wait to see what horrifying monster I play and name Literal Fetish after I finish playing the poo poo out of dragon's dogma

I like this name. I might do Corporate America

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

9foxtails posted:

Bonus gold and gliding... is that it? Anyone have anymore info and how much premium service cost?

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/premium-membership/

No news on the cost yet, I'm assuming it will be around $15 a month like most MMO subscriptions.

Bishop01
Apr 27, 2007

Has you seen my bucket?!
These assholes serious with the costs of these packs?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You can make some extremely stupid and funny looking characters. I typically don't like chibi anime trash but playing as a pissed off puppy grandpa with iridescent hair and a deep, gruff voice is just the best.

Oh, when creating your character, remember that the voice is not restricted to race.
If you want your enormous Gon Punchwizard to squeak like the tiniest Lynn, you can.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Bishop01 posted:

These assholes serious with the costs of these packs?

Yes because they include premium membership for a month/3 months and a bunch of NCoin along with them. Pretty typical founders pack stuff nowadays. Alas, the $125 is the only one that's actually a good deal, because it's like $200+ worth of stuff value-wise but you have to be willing to pay for it up front.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I set the oil to 0% on my bird woman assassin, she's freakish enough without it.

A bit disappointed at the additional hairstyle offerings but the new colors are all much nicer than the muted palette they had before.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I spent some money on this game and wanted to make an oily anime lady but the servers were down this morning. Now I must wait till after work. Sad times for oils sake.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

9foxtails posted:

It's the same thing they do with wildstar, when you throw RL money at them you get skins/bonuses etc based on a tiered sliding scale.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Rhymenoserous posted:

It's the same thing they do with wildstar, when you throw RL money at them you get skins/bonuses etc based on a tiered sliding scale.

Do you know what the other rewards are aside from bonus gold and gliding?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

dominoeffect posted:

Do you know what the other rewards are aside from bonus gold and gliding?

It was like 7 posts up...

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/premium-membership/

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

oh my bad, thanks

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thats me when I read mmo oforums

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

when u see that gon wit da big booty walk by

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I think I'll give this game a try as a Blade Master. Looks pretty different than the usual MMO.

Bishop01
Apr 27, 2007

Has you seen my bucket?!
Anyone set up a discord or anything for this yet? Didn't see anything in the OP for it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bishop01 posted:

Anyone set up a discord or anything for this yet? Didn't see anything in the OP for it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759565

I've set up a common use Discord for the MMO HMO, working on adding the automated support bots and plugins now. But feel free to use that one.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759565

I've set up a common use Discord for the MMO HMO, working on adding the automated support bots and plugins now. But feel free to use that one.

Invite seems to have expired.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

cathead posted:

Invite seems to have expired.

It is now fixed: https://discord.gg/0blIq7586QAQfzBl

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I'm reading from Reddit's discord that some of them want to start a guild on Mushin. Sounds like some good forum fun may be coming.

reddit furries posted:

Yo, I'm gonna be starting a clan on NA Mushin red side called "Itty Bitty Kitties." We'll be using Discord for voice. I was an officer in a top 3 (on the server) WoW guild, so I know my way around guild management. I'd like to see this guild become one of the top PvP and PvE guilds on Mushin, but I also want to have fun along the way there. So a social guild, but with a hardcore PvE/PvP group of players. I'm gonna be playing a Lyn Summoner, but the guild is not Lyn exclusive. Let me know if this is something you'd potentially be interested in.

Serious business.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Sorry guys, Mouse Rat must join Itty Bitty Kitties.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I hear Wildstar was designed with hardcore players in mind. Maybe they would like it there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

notwithoutmyanus posted:

I'm reading from Reddit's discord that some of them want to start a guild on Mushin. Sounds like some good forum fun may be coming.

Serious business.

:whitewater:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
reddit on the same open world pvp server as sa???? oh man this is bringing back good memories :sax:

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
We'll both be red faction so we can't fight each other though!

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Velveteen posted:

And that's where you're wrong! See, proper etiquette on other regions involve letting the other faction do their dailies in peace and vice versa, occasionally setting up kill trades for the odd quest that needs you. This precarious balance can be upset by actually PvPing.

Expect to make a lot of pubbies mad just by having the audacity to play the game. :getin:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

looks like it already broke itself

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

looks like it already broke itself

https://discord.gg/0blIq7586QA4EQhM

This one should work for a bit, I think they're working on fixing it completely.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Velveteen posted:

poo poo, someone make them blue!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Buhbuhj posted:

poo poo, someone make them blue!

Sorry! Couldn't resist!

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016
So I decided to go ahead and punch the Founders Pack button. Woah and behold I get the "there is an error try again later" with paypal and my credit card fails the authorization. Perhaps the internet gods are telling me not to do it; or should my efforts persist?

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

9foxtails posted:

So I decided to go ahead and punch the Founders Pack button. Woah and behold I get the "there is an error try again later" with paypal and my credit card fails the authorization. Perhaps the internet gods are telling me not to do it; or should my efforts persist?

If it's the $25 pack, don't do it. If it's $125, question previous life decisions.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Oh hey, I almost forgot this was coming out this weekend. Went ahead and bought it, see you in game goons! I see most of the Archeage crew is around again.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
As a masochist who enjoyed Wushu chinagame what are the chances that Blade and Soul chinagame will live up to the same standards?

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007
Is the close beta installer the same game files as the live game? I want to get started on downloading for the head start launch if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Rynoto posted:

As a masochist who enjoyed Wushu chinagame what are the chances that Blade and Soul chinagame will live up to the same standards?
If you enjoyed the wuxia cheese and punching/kicking/slashing dudes, then you'll enjoy B&S. The combat is great.

If you enjoyed stealing scripts, throwing up on people, and other associated griffery, there is little enjoyment in B&S to be had.

• Locked thread